ANTHRAX — Alive 2: The DVD (review)

ANTHRAX — Alive 2: The DVD album cover Movie · 2005 · Thrash Metal Buy this album from MMA partners
Kingcrimsonprog
This DVD is an absolute must have for any fan of Thrash Metal. Anthrax put on one hell of a performance, playing music from their classic 85-91 period with Joey Belladonna back behind the mic and Dan Spitz on lead guitar for the first time in many years.

The performance is amazing, the music sounds fresh and very heavy; the crowd are enthusiastic and the audio and video quality are top notch.

This is one of the most enjoyable thrash DVDs on the market; the band are so energetic and really get into the spirit of things and give it everything they’ve got.

On top of the amazing dvd, this set also comes with a cd of the majority of the concert so you can listen to it in the car.

Songs like ‘Time,’ ‘Medusa,’ and ‘Lone Justice,’ are great to hear live, and on top of that all the fan favorites you’d expect from ‘Madhouse,’ to ‘Caught in a Mosh,’ are present and accounted for, with extra little breakdowns and flourishes added to spice things up. The band even throw in a furious performance of ‘Death Rider,’ which Joey makes his own.

If you like Anthrax you really ought to get this, and if you’re new to the band this is a fantastic place to start; a great set list, a tonne of energy and great production… what more could you want ?

No Good To Anyone Atmospheric Sludge Metal