COUNT RAVEN — Storm Warning

COUNT RAVEN - Storm Warning cover

Album · 1990

Filed under Doom Metal
By COUNT RAVEN

1. Intro: Count Raven (3:09)
2. Inam Naudemina (5:50)
3. True Revelation (8:55)
4. In the Name of Rock 'n' Roll (4:24)
5. Within the Garden of Mirrors (6:57)
6. A Devastating Age (8:37)
7. How Can It Be (6:21)
8. Social Warfare (7:19)

- Christian Linderson / vocals
- Dan Fondelius / guitars, keyboards, vocals on "Sometimes a Great Nation"
- Tommy Eriksson / bass
- Christer Petterson / drums

Information missing - contribute to MMA, by filling this information using the left menu member zone link "Edit album infos". This function is only available to MMA Collabs.

Thanks to Time Signature for the updates

Buy COUNT RAVEN - STORM WARNING music

Storm WarningStorm Warning
Metal Blade Import 2018
Showing 1 items | Cache expiring in 33h | Keyword-based search | Best seller rank | More results on Amazon.com

More places to buy metal & COUNT RAVEN music

COUNT RAVEN STORM WARNING reviews

In the name of rock 'n' roll...

Genre: traditional doom metal

It's heavy. It's dense. It's repetitive. It's old-fashioned. It's Swedish. It's Count Raven. It's f*cking great.

When I was in the underground thrash metal band, Erector, I listened quite extensively to "Storm Warning", and the other guys in the band used to laugh at it because it was slow, the riffage often simple and the singer had a strange nasal voice. I didn't care, because those were exactly things that I loved about this album. I still love them.

I love this old traditional style of doom metal, and "Storm Warning" is one of my all time favorites. Most of the riffage is simple, perhaps, but very captivating and melancholic. Compared to newer doom metal, the music on this album may not seem slow and heavy, but it is still heavy and doom-ladden. Tracks like "True Revelation", "In the Name of Rock 'n' Roll", and "Within the Garden of Mirrors" are just captivating and soul-torturing, and I love how their main riffs are just constantly repeated.

One of the things that my band mates at the time laughed the most at was Christian Lindersson's strange nasal voice and vocal lines. As it happens, I really love Lindersson's work on this album. His voice may be strange, but it's so very expressive. It has been described as being Ozzy-like, but, to my ears it isn't - Fondelius, who would take over as vocalist after Lindersson joined St. Vitus, sounds much more like Ozzy; needless to say, I like Lindersson better, because he sounds original.

Count Raven have received credit for writing socially conscious texts, which was unusual in most doom metal at the time, which dealt more with either psychological topics like depression and sorrow or horror/fantasy related topics. I do like the lyrical themes of "Storm Warning" although it's weird to hear anti-glam metal lyrics to such a melancholic riff as the main riff of "In the name of Rock 'n' Roll" - on the other hand, anti-glam was extremely metal at the time, and I really like the imagery of the lyrics, and how Lindersson ends up blaming the messed u state-of-affairs in the world on glam metal posers.

This is a doom metal classic. Buy it!

No COUNT RAVEN STORM WARNING reviews posted by members yet.

• ian