Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 94>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

just started downloading the ME3 demo today, im really excited for it

I played through the single player once and didn't come back to it.  Don't want to wear it out when the full game gets released. Wink  Multiplayer is very fun, though I'm having the shittiest luck trying to unlock non-human characters to play as.  All I was able to get was a quarian engineer through the free pack who I subsequently named Tali's Mum.

Changed just tonight.  Turian sential acquired!  Gonna use him for a while. Smile
what platform do you play on?

PS3
dang, i play xbox 
guaahhh i need an asari adept Angry

do you get the characters from the veteran pack?

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 9:16pm

I played through the single player once and didn't come back to it.  Don't want to wear it out when the full game gets released. Wink  Multiplayer is very fun, though I'm having the shittiest luck trying to unlock non-human characters to play as.  All I was able to get was a quarian engineer through the free pack who I subsequently named Tali's Mum.

Changed just tonight.  Turian sential acquired!  Gonna use him for a while. Smile

PS3
dang, i play xbox 

They seem to be more likely to come up in veteran packs so I'm going to say yes.  I got the turian sentinel that way.  Cool character, thicker than the human sentinel and better cause he has overload, great for sniping.  The flip side is he can't roll.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 11:48pm

PS3
dang, i play xbox 

They seem to be more likely to come up in veteran packs so I'm going to say yes.  I got the turian sentinel that way.  Cool character, thicker than the human sentinel and better cause he has overload, great for sniping.  The flip side is he can't roll.
 i just got the asari adept, her roll move is a really fast slide, but the bad thing abou tit is that it takes a bit of your shield off, and stops the recharge if its recharging, sweet none the les , stasis is awesome, so is throw so im happy with it

also, biotic explosion is the best thing to  happen ever

Edited by SKwid - 23 Feb 2012 at 12:33am

Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 4:25pm
Isaac swagged out

awwww yeah

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 24 Feb 2012 at 4:25pm
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 7:56pm
Found an interesting looking $5 game for my XBox, Destroy All Humans!  I'd heard of it before, but don't remember if it was for good or bad reasons.  The clerk at the store seemed to like it.

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:01pm
I remember playing that game for PS2 when I was 9 or 10 years old and having a blast. Smile I don't have it anymore, but I'd like to play it again sometime.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Found an interesting looking $5 game for my XBox, Destroy All Humans!  I'd heard of it before, but don't remember if it was for good or bad reasons.  The clerk at the store seemed to like it.

Oh damn I remember that! Never had it but played a demo of it (back in the good ol days when demo disks would be sent to us) and it was good fun!

I've really splurged with building my game collection, picked up like all the Resident Evil games and some Star Wars ones I really enjoyed.
Also beat Uncharted 3 today, brilliant as alwaysBig smile
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 1:42pm
i remember playing that at eb-games, waht seems like eons ago

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 3:20pm

I've been playing this game lately for the PS2 - definitely a lot of fun. Smile
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2012 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by The Angry Scotsman The Angry Scotsman wrote:

Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Oh damn I remember that! Never had it but played a demo of it (back in the good ol days when demo disks would be sent to us) and it was good fun!

I played and beat the whole game.  It's not very long.  Still, picking up tanks with your mind and throwing them into the Potomac River was really amusing.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2012 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

I've been playing this game lately for the PS2 - definitely a lot of fun. Smile

I just beat the game as a "good cop". Playing as a good cop gives you the best ending and different missions towards the end. I'm going to probably re-play the game as a bad cop sometime in the future, but I'll take a break for a little bit. Very good, and underrated, game. Clap
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 8:12pm

Quake II just arrived for the N64. I played the first few levels earlier today and they were awesome. I can't wait to play the rest - I love retro FPS games like this. Smile
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2012 at 9:49pm

Quake II just arrived for the N64. I played the first few levels earlier today and they were awesome. I can't wait to play the rest - I love retro FPS games like this. Smile
you buy the cartridge? or do you play emulators 

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 6:06am

I bought this when it came out, during these eleven or so years I've managed to play about 31 hours. Despite the slow process I really love the game. Maybe I'll continue some more in a few days or weeks.
<- Click on this!
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 6:12am
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

I bought this when it came out, during these eleven or so years I've managed to play about 31 hours. Despite the slow process I really love the game. Maybe I'll continue some more in a few days or weeks.

How does it approach the

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 7:49am
I don't really play video games anymore. For some reason I've completely lost interest in it. When I do play video games, I tend to play old school games, whose gameplay I think is superior to a lot of the new graphics-driven but content-empty games. I guess I'm getting old.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 8:05am
In my adult years the two only games I�ve played ( and it�s been like 8 years since I played the last time) were Heroes of Might and Magic and FIFA. Now if I�m lucky my kids will lend me their Nintendo DS and ask me to help them with a particularly difficult part of the game and sometimes my son wants me to play a game with him on the Wii, but that�s it. It�s never for my own enjoyment anymore, even though it�s always pretty good fun playing with the kids.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 2:14pm

I bought the cartridge for around $2 on ebay. I don't do emulators too often, but I do have Project64 installed on my computer.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 2:27pm

I bought the cartridge for around $2 on ebay. I don't do emulators too often, but I do have Project64 installed on my computer.

i would play cartridges, but i much prefer playing with an xbox controller as opposed to a n64 controller
it sucks though that some of the roms i get  dont work fully, (eg pokemon snap and pokemon stadium)

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2012 at 2:44pm
^ That's what happened for me in the Duke Nukem 64 rom. I could see the enemies through walls,  so it kinda defeated the purpose of most of the game. LOL

And yeah, I use my Xbox 360 controller when I do roms as well. It also helps to be able to configure your own control scheme.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 94>
  Share Topic