The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:58am
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:50am
Well that's good to hear. And I forgot they publish their own games so there isn't some third party going to go into money grabbing mode like the Metro devs had. 

Apparently the E3 demo ran on a GTX 108-Ti card which is only a few up from what I have and the game isn't optimised yet, so I'm hopeful my 1070 will suffice. At least for newer games even the lower presets still look really good. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 5:11pm
CDPR have said numerous times they won't make it an Epic exclusive, so it would take something drastic for that to happen. I mean, never say never, but I really don't think it'll happen. 

And yeah, I'm honestly worried how badly my PS4 will run it. If I can get close to a stable 30FPS, I'll be happy, but considering Witcher 3 couldn't do that a lot of the time, and this looks much better than that, I'm not too optimistic. So, I can definitely understand being concerned about running it on an old PC. My brother says he plan on preordering it, but he may wait about a few months after it's out to play it, because that's when he plans on getting a new high quality gaming PC.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

Cyberpunk 2077 is coming April 15, 2020, and can now be preordered on both GOG and Steam (as well as consoles, obviously.) So, no Epic Fail exclusive, thank god!

Oh, and it features Keanu Reeves. Seriously LOL

One word: Metro.

That said in many ways this is a no-brainer pre-order given who made it, but my PC is a few years old now and as there won't be anything close to a spec out for ages yet so it's just not worth even thinking about for the time being. I can't imagine that this won't be very demanding even on lower presets. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:46pm
Cyberpunk 2077 is coming April 15, 2020, and can now be preordered on both GOG and Steam (as well as consoles, obviously.) So, no Epic Fail exclusive, thank god!

Oh, and it features Keanu Reeves. Seriously LOL

Edited by DippoMagoo - 09 Jun 2019 at 2:49pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 2:08pm
Anything that damages Epic's rep is a good thing IMO. Damn I'm mean. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:20pm
So, Epic is having their first sale this week, and unsurprisingly, it's turned into a total shitshow: https://www.destructoid.com/epic-games-store-s-first-sale-is-off-to-a-rocky-start-554005.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

To sum it up: They put some games on sale without asking the publishers for permission, which caused one publisher to actually increase the price of their game just to counter the sale amount, while Paradox had their upcoming game Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 (not an exclusive, thank god) removed from the store, because Epic was allowing people who spent $14 or more to get a $10 discount on more expensive games, even preorders, which would obviously hurt Paradox, plus it would tip the scales against other stores, obviously. Paradox will honor purchases that happened during the sale, though, which is cool, I guess (they seem to be in the right here, but Epic is scummy and incompetent, as always.)

Also, because the store has no shopping cart feature, people are reporting having their accounts locked due to "fraudulent behavior", after buying as few as four games in a row, LOL! 

And we thought Steam sales were bad.....
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:34pm
Decided to fire up Fallout 4 this evening. Lo and behold, the game performance has tanked in the months since I last played it for no apparent reason. 30-35FPS in areas which previously always had a solid 60. Angry

I'm actually worried about Elder Scrolls 6 because of how badly optimised Fallout 4 continues to be. Currently re-installing from scratch in hope that this fixes it. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 2:14pm
Some game called Outer Wilds has just announced Epic Store exclusivity and pissed off a lot of crowd funding backers. I've never even heard of this one to be honest. Just another one for the pile of games I now won't even bother to research. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:17am
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 3:23pm
Yeah, it was Crawmerax. My attacks were doing 0 damage LOL

I moved on from that DLC, and finished the New Robot Revolution pretty quickly, so now I'm about to move on to my Borderlands 2 re-play. Overall, I like the first game a lot, but the DLC was a bit mixed, with Secret Armory annoying me quite a bit, though the the other two were pretty cool, just not on the level of some of the best stuff in the second game, imo. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 12:57pm
If you mean Crawmerax, then he's not supposed to be beatable on your own. He is the first of the 'raid bosses' featured in the series. I've never beat him, not even with my level 61 character on the original version switched back to Playthrough 1. 

There is a hidden level 61 midget 'boss' in T Bone Junction though which I did beat but it was a slog of a fight that lasted well over half an hour chipping away at it's health. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 9:37am
Yeah, that insanely annoying in Secret Armory. In the Zombie Island iit was wasn't much f an issue (in fact, I never even thought about it while playing) because the areas were all interconnected and basically right next to each other, and New Robot Revolution seems to be the same way.

I also found a boss in Secret Armory that was level 61, but I was only level 43, and all missions I have available are 5-6 levels lower than me, so there's no way I could possibly get to a high enough level to even damage it, outside of ridiculous hours of grinding, which I refuse to do. This game's level scaling is messed, compared to 2, where I remember it just setting everything to around your current level, including all DLC stuff. You're probably meant to fight him on a second playthrough, I guess, but I've never really enjoyed doing that, because I'd rather just everything done in one playthrough.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by DippoMagoo DippoMagoo wrote:

I'll be getting that when the PC version is out, next month. Looks really cool!

Right now, I'm playing the GOTY edition of Borderlands. It definitely feels closer to the newer games, as far as look and controls, at least compared to what I remember it being like before. I beat the base game in well under 20 hours, which is less than I remember from the first time, despite doing basically everything. I did the zombie islands DLC and really enjoyed that one, but couldn't handle the underdome one (as usual, because I almost never like battle arenas) and so far the Secret Armory has been driving me insane with all its annoying driving sections. It's probably my least favorite Borderlands DLC by far, but I've heard it has some good stuff later on, so I'm trying to power through it.

I think Underdome must be played in co-op. At least I've never made any progress with it solo. 

I like Secret Armory overall, but yeah, a ton of driving. The biggest (unfixed in Enhanced GOTY) issue with Borderlands 1 DLC is highlighted with this one real bad: only one spawn point in the entire DLC areas! Seriously, they can upgrade the game with golden key functionality and better HUD but they can't be arsed to do something about this major gameplay detraction? Plain lazy if you ask me. 
GG2U

Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 12:17pm
Finally got a Switch!Smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 10:07am
I'll be getting that when the PC version is out, next month. Looks really cool!

Right now, I'm playing the GOTY edition of Borderlands. It definitely feels closer to the newer games, as far as look and controls, at least compared to what I remember it being like before. I beat the base game in well under 20 hours, which is less than I remember from the first time, despite doing basically everything. I did the zombie islands DLC and really enjoyed that one, but couldn't handle the underdome one (as usual, because I almost never like battle arenas) and so far the Secret Armory has been driving me insane with all its annoying driving sections. It's probably my least favorite Borderlands DLC by far, but I've heard it has some good stuff later on, so I'm trying to power through it.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 1:10am
i currently have like 52 hours into octopath traveler

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:25am
I'm not really sure I have much hype for this one. The trouble is with video game movies is that I think I'd find it hard to relate to how they adapted it - especially for games where the main character is custom made by the player. My issue with this one is that I always play the Saints boss as a female and I see maybe 0.1% chance that they cast a female lead in a movie like this. I always found the idea of a female protagonist (anti-hero, rather) in a genre like this made the gangster story of SR2 less generic. I know the player had to be male in SR1 but since SR1 was never released on PC for me the franchise has always started with SR2. 

I always had the same reason for always playing Shepard as female in the Mass Effect trilogy. The default male Shepard is a generic as they come shaven headed space marine. A boring stock character. You can obviously change him to your own design, but I always thought changing the character to female instantly made the character more standout in the genre, and Hale's voice acting certainly supported that decision. I think the Mass Effect movie is now either cancelled or lost in development hell, but I'm pretty sure even from early stages they were never going to consider a female lead. 
GG2U

MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 4:35pm
Yeah, that could go HORRIBLY wrong LOL

I suspect they won't want anything to do with the superhero antics of IV, so it'll most likely end up being a generic crime movie and completely forget to include all the humor from the games. Either that, or they go overboard with the humor and completely forget the crime angle. Either way, I don't see it turning out too well, though I am curious to see what it's like.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:04pm
Saints Row is becoming a movie. It has potential to be genius, but man there's so much that could go wrong with this one. 

For my money it needs to be a black comedy to even work. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 94>
  Share Topic