MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your Favourite Out Of These Underrated Rock Albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Favourite Out Of These Underrated Rock Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Which of the following albums do you prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [2.63%]
1 [2.63%]
5 [13.16%]
1 [2.63%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [18.42%]
3 [7.89%]
3 [7.89%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [10.53%]
1 [2.63%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
11 [28.95%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.63%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dobbie03 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dobbie03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your Favourite Out Of These Underrated Rock Albums
    Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 12:09pm
Jar Of Flies.
dark2711 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dark2711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2015 at 11:23am

I went for Risk by Megadeth, have always liked it, yes it is the oddball in their catalogue, but I think there are some really decent tunes on there. While I quite like Load, personally I think Re-Load is the album of that period that deserves the real criticism.

To be honest I am more a fan of 80s Rush, but every since the film, Beyond the Lighted Stage, I have always been meaning to go back to Caress of Steel and reacquaint myself with it. Maybe I’ll do that tonight ...

Edited by dark2711 - 02 Apr 2015 at 11:24am
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 1:50am
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Rush, no question. That's my favorite classic Rush album Big smile

Clap
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 1:47am
Rush, no question. That's my favorite classic Rush album Big smile
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2014 at 10:43pm
Rush! Jar of flies is not underrated! Some of these really do suck like Yes Union
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 11:57am
Being as I'm a huge 'Dead fan gonna have to go with 'Anthem of the Sun'....'love all their stuff!!Heart
Daysbetween View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daysbetween Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 7:13am
I voted for the Dream Theater over Caress Of Steel which I don't really consider underrated and is a staple in my listening over the last 35 years.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 6:24pm
Caress of SteelHeadbanger.

"My life is slipping away
I'm aging every day
But even when I'm grey
I'll still be grey my way"

Edited by ProgMetaller2112 - 19 Jan 2013 at 6:24pm
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
Eria Tarka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eria Tarka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 2:00am
Caress of Steel... although Beat happens to be on of my very favorite King Crimson albums.
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2012 at 1:22am
I'd re-vote if I could . . .

If I thought more about it, YES "Union" is really un-popular and I like it, especially all the "moody"
songs, very "Night-time/Nocturnal".  All the other albums I can see as more popular.
But I never really liked "The Grateful Dead" and as a Megadeth fan since the beginning, I will
NEVER like "Risk" no matter how much they re-mix it Tongue.

Saxon's "Power and the Glory" is a MUST for any Metal fan.
And being a die-hard Rush-head, Caress of Steel is classic Big smile.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 05 Jun 2012 at 1:32am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
buttsled View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buttsled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 10:17pm
Quite a few good ones in there but I had to go with In Through the Out Door. Considering the issues in the band at the time it was essentially a JPJ solo album and taking it at that it's a pretty fucking good LZ album.
Of course, if Led Zeppelin is on the list I am going to choose them almost all the time.
With them out of the question I'd put Ultimate Sin slightly above Caress of Steel.

LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 4:39pm
wow, so many good albums in the list - In through the out door, Ultimate Sin, Beat, Load, Carress of steel, Falling into Infinity to name a few. Hard to choose.Smile

Edited by LittleBig - 17 Jul 2010 at 4:41pm
Morningrise View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morningrise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I�ve voted Jar of Flies, but I don�t really think that EP is underrated!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 2:17pm
Caress of Steel....love that album !!! But I picked Saxon Power & The Glory. That album blew me away back in 80something......The Eagle Has Landed...brutal song...I think I blew out some car speakers back in the day playing it so loud.
Clap
US Festival '83 "Heavy Metal Sunday" Survivor....
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 1:58am
I�ve voted Jar of Flies, but I don�t really think that EP is underrated!
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 11:45pm
Boy . . .
(Again- I have been reminded of how I felt about that DT album and watching the Vid . . .)
That album had to grow on me but I ended up liking it alot!  The song that I still cant listen to is
"Burning my Soul", only for the reason that "Producer" (PRODUCER!!!???)  "Kevin Shirley" wanted
everyone to try "new things" and suggested that Petrucci try adding a "Voice Box" vocal in it Pinch
Luckily, when they do it live, its nowhere to be found.
This was pressure from the Label wanting DT to be more commercial and almost broke up the band.
You can "see" all this on the excellent Vid "5 Years in a Livetime".
Their were tracks that did not make the Album but are Bonus Tracks on the Japanese version (And
can be found on the Club CD "Cleaning out the Closet").
Including a beautiful track called "Speak to me" and "Have I lost my mind" that are played live on the
VHS/DVD Big smile  (I believe "Raise the Knife" was the extra track as well and is INCREDIBLE, though it
appeared as a "Demo Track").

"Speak to me" Live-5 Years in a Livetime:

"Raise the Knife"  -Cleaning out the Closet/Fanclub CD:

"Score DVD Live version" of same song- which I think is even better!:

Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falling_into_Infinity

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 05 Jun 2012 at 1:31am
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 5:21pm
I just reacquired Falling Into Infinity after getting rid of my copy years ago.   I just started listening to it again, and I think it was mainly "You Not Me" that turned me off the album.  We'll see how this listen goes.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 1:11pm

I thought that Load was still a good album.  Maybe more commercial sounding than earlier Metallica, but I think that it still had a good Metallica sound to it.

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:29pm
^And above them all is The Outlaw Torn, which is my favourite Metallica song ever.
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2010 at 12:13pm
I think Load gets more criticism than it deserves.  There's a bit of filler on it, but there are plenty of great songs to make up for it: "Until It Sleeps", "King Nothing", "Hero Of The Day" among others.  It may be non-metal of me to say it, but those are classic Metallica songs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic