MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Loading speed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loading speed
    Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:44am
Has anyone else noticed that the site loading speed has decreased greatly in the last couple of days. It takes like forever for me to load the frontpage and when I enter an artist profile the problem is the same.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:49am
It's not unbearable for me, but now that you mention it it does seem a bit slower than normal. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:58am
It�s not the forum part of the site. That part works fine, but it�s the main part of the site that seems to be suffereing some loading problems.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:11am
Seems same as always to me.  Maybe it's a browser issue.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
It's fine for me at the moment. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 7:08am
Well something is wrong. I counted and it took 25 sec. from the rest of the front page loaded until the star ratings appearedStern Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 7:17am
For me Google Chrome loads fast. But its noticeably slower with Firefox and IE.
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 7:21am
I also have quite some trouble loading regular album pages. The cover artwork appears but it takes around 25 sec. before the rest of the info (tracklists and so forth) appears. It�s actaully to a point where I can�t work.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 8:28am
...oh and the search function doesn�t work eitherGeek
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

...oh and the search function doesn�t work eitherGeek

Yeah, but when does it? Wink

Erm, I'm not having any problems.  ProgArchives is the one that always goes slow for me, but this site seems fine.

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:52am
I�ve just checked my internet connection and it�s fine. 4 down and 4 up like always, so it�s not a speed thing on my side. MMA still loads slow today.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 12:28pm
It seems fine to me. What browser are you using? Like some people said that may be the problem.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 2:22pm
Internet Explorer 9 and I�m not going to change browser. I�m pretty sure MMA is meant to work with one of the most commonly used browsers in the world.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 4:39pm
While IE is the most common, it's notoriously slow, so that's probably your problem.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 12:32am
Yeah but why has it only been slow the last week and not before that?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 12:37pm
It also has an effect when I�m trying to edit a review I�ve posted. When I push the "Edit Review" button it takes about a minute before the stars appear and if I press save before the stars appear I get the Generic error page. If I wait until the stars appear and press save it worksErmm
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 12:50pm
Is it slow all day long or at certain period of time? We will monitor the site's activity and try to see what's going on.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 1:25pm

Well it�s odd because I used my work computer (and that IP adress) today and we have Internet Explorer 9 there too and I didn�t experience any problems but as soon as I got home on my own computer things were slow again. I guess that rules out that it�s a browser problem. None of the other sites I�ve visited on my own computer has loaded slowlier than they usually do though. At least not in a way that has made me notice it.

Edited by UMUR - 05 Dec 2011 at 1:26pm
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 2:25am
You could try cleaning up your Temps and stuff to see if it fixes it.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 4:03am
That�s in Tools/InternetOptions/general right?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic