MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50 Ways To Annoy A Metalhead

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Beekeeper Beekeeper wrote:

My ex-girlfriend told me that Nile sounded 'just like slipknot' when I was driving her to work the other day. Hence ex-girlfriend =P.

I'm not really one to get annoyed about much musically but this was one rare exception.

hahahha.. that's hard-core LOL
Beekeeper View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beekeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:01am
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

My ex-girlfriend told me that Nile sounded 'just like slipknot' when I was driving her to work the other day. Hence ex-girlfriend =P.

I'm not really one to get annoyed about much musically but this was one rare exception.

nu-metal actually =/
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:49am

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

nu-metal actually =/

emo???  LOL
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 12:17pm
OK, here goes...
1. Rant on at the metalhead about how smart and tidy he/she would look if his or her hair (the very lifeforce of the metal jedi) were to be cut.
2. Mistakenly call him or her an emo, worse if shouted from across a busy street.
3. Refer to all metal (or worse, all ROCK) as 'that screaming crap'
4. Go on about metal being 'simple' to an Iron Maiden or Megadeth worshipper. 
5. Turn up at the local rock night each weekend even though you barely know who Led Zeppelin are, dislike AC/DC and were amazed to find that Ace Of Spades is actually a Motorhead song.
6. Dress like a goth, (if you want to add extra annoyance) while knowing nothing of rock, opposed to the superior knowledge of the metalhead, then get off with the guy or girl that the metalhead fancies at the end of the night.
7.  When you're buying the round, get your metalhead friend a little, trendy alcopop instead of a good, strong beer or Jack Daniel's.
8. Complain about Slayer not knowing how to do any 'nice songs'.
9. Brag about all the gigs and rock clubs you've been to, yet you're not even into music as such. (To worsen impact, try to sound as if you know what you're on about)
10. Go on about Nu-Metal as if it is the best thing since beer, masturbation, chocolate and an unexpected day off work all put together.
11. Assume that because he or she is a metalhead that it is mandatory for them to like, if not love all of the bollocks on Kerrang and Scuzz.
12. Assume that liking some of The Black Album makes you a metalhead too.
13. Assume that rock and metal is all just about sex and sex appeal (like pop is)...the hawk-like eyes of the metalhead will see that you are a poser in thier territory...
14. Irrevocably damage the leathers of the metalhead. (By doing this, you are not simply wrecking the metalhead's look...but his home for the last 6 years since he or she first put them on)
15. Steal the metalhead's motorbike/trike. WARNING: You could get killed for this.
16. Burst the speakers on the metalhead's stereo, if the metalhead has not already done so on thier own...
17. Buy the metalhead a My Chemical Romance album for thier birthday or Christmas. (Birthday is worst, because then they can't repackage it to give to someone else, so it stays in thier home for a bit, shaming and poisoning the record collection that took years to build up to greatness)
18. Leave a cup of tea or coffee on the metalhead's irreplaceable copies of albums that they got signed by musicians who are now dead.
19. If he or she is a prog metal fan, rant to them about how keyboards debase metal completely and refer to it as 'non-metal'.
20. Come to every party that the metalhead holds but never, ever bring any booze.
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 1:28pm
hahhaha....  that deserves some clappies

here's some clappies I have laying around

ClapClap
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 1:37pm
Make yet another anti-metal clip on YouTube, packed with really bad arguments and sweeping generalizations.
The Pessimist View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Pessimist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 7:51pm
I've got a couple:

1. Talk about Dream Theater
2. Say that Job For A Cowboy are brutal
3. Put his guitar in standard tuning
4. Say that the "singing" in Extreme Metal is sh*t
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2010 at 11:21pm
I remember this list from way back.  The fact that the term "w**ggers" is used dates it to around 2004 or so.  It's just as true and funny as it was back when I first saw this.

In fact, way back when I first saw this list, I agreed about the Cannibal Corpse part Embarrassed.  In my defense, I was just getting into death metal at the time. 
topofsm View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topofsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 1:56am
If a band does death growls, complain about the screaming. If a band does black metal screaming, refer it to growls. If the band does both, just complain that the band has no talent because nobody can sing. If there's singing in the music, just say it doesn't sound as good as the Jonas Brothers.
Lost respect for these archives when I saw Creed added, among other bands. Not going to be foruming here anymore. You can keep my reviews if you want.
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 7:04pm
At the bar of the local rock club, wait until the metalhead buys a drink. Engage in light conversation wherein you will coax the metalhead to go and complain to the DJ about the lack of Slayer in his mix. As the metalhead does this thier back will be turned at which point you quietly swap thier Jack Daniels with a glass of pee. (If you don't want to be just as brutal as that, then just knock back the whiskey to yourself before the metalhead returns)
THEN...just wait...
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 7:11pm
Saying "Britney Spears is extreme metal! Just look at this youtube video!"

Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
MAVIIIVAM View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MAVIIIVAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 7:31pm
Okay,
51. or 21. depending on list:
Put Rap/Hip-Hop or Top40 Commercials in-between Metal Vids on Headbangers Ball or VH1 Metal Mania!
GOD I HATE THAT!!!!! Angry LOL (you know the THOUSAND commercials and 5 vids in each hour!)

"Very Good...............Even when they have Meshuggah on tell em' thats not Metal,Wink What them take the baitLOL"
. . . I dont get it Matt Ermm (hehehe, I think just saying MESHUGGAH pisses you off LOL).

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 19 Apr 2010 at 7:39pm
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 1:57pm
I probably did or say at least 30 things in this list that made my metalhead friend get pissedLOLLOL

elder08 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elder08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I remember this list from way back.  The fact that the term "w**ggers" is used dates it to around 2004 or so.  It's just as true and funny as it was back when I first saw this.

In fact, way back when I first saw this list, I agreed about the Cannibal Corpse part Embarrassed.  In my defense, I was just getting into death metal at the time. 
OH GAWD
jkjk
On KILL every song sounds the same lol LOL but with the newer albums they have some very differing songs
I scrolled through the offended page and listened to cannibal corpse while masturbating.-elder08
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 2:14am
Stalk metal forums and annoy people by posting your sig over and over thusly

LOL My metal head avatar is appropriate for this forum dont u think?

AvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatar
AvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatar
AvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatarAvatar

that has to be annoying
GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2010 at 8:48am
It must be

nobody else is posting
GLAM METAL!
Bathoric95 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bathoric95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2010 at 10:26am
9. Record over their Cannibal Corpse albums with other Cannibal Corpse albums and see if they ever notice the difference. 
I would know the difference if someone were to record over my Cannibal Corpse albums...

As for another to annoy them off, mumble anything about Enslaved, or In Flames in the same sentence with "crap","shit", or "untalented"

"Who ever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Who ever can not take care of himself without that law is both." Omerta.
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 6:55am
Originally posted by Bathoric95 Bathoric95 wrote:

9. Record over their Cannibal Corpse albums with other Cannibal Corpse albums and see if they ever notice the difference. 
I would know the difference if someone were to record over my Cannibal Corpse albums...

As for another to annoy them off, mumble anything about Enslaved, or In Flames in the same sentence with "crap","shit", or "untalented"

hello!

Nice avatar

Is that you?

not often to meet a girl into extreme metal

My preference is Prog metal

anyway annoying things to annoy a metalhead.... young girls who hate metal and listen to Justin Bieber or Britney Spears.
GLAM METAL!
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 12:24am
Numbers 1 though to 50.

- Profess your love for metal, then add the prefix glam or nu to said metal.
spitf1r3 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spitf1r3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2010 at 12:31pm
Tell them that black-metal vocals eat way to much ice-cream to sing like that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic