MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Before you post, look here! Known Bugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:40am
OK thanks for the clarification. I�ve added the album manually.
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 2:27am
I once added the bands Hypothermia and Teitanblood to the database:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/hypothermia.aspx
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/teitanblood.aspx

They have the MB codes but never got synchronized. Should I add releases manually, or? :-)
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 9:02am
There was a small bug with those bands (Hypothermia and Teitanblood) data in database. I fixed it and imported MB albums. Geek
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 9:25am
Thank you! I will work on those profiles (and the ones I added today) later today, now off. :-)
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 7:01am
Is this a bug or a deliberate function? I just posted a review for the Reversion demo CD and it's not showing up on the front page. A bug or are we not publishing demo reviews on the front page?

<- Click on this!
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 7:31am
Demo reviews don't appear on the front page, that's true. Probably supposed to be like that, not sure.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 12:30pm
^at least that�s the consensus for now. If you go to the demo entry you�ll be able to see the review.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 9:29am
I confirm that Demos and Singles reviews won't appear on the front page. Any concern about that Question
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 10:23am
After a small discussion with m@x, we decided to display ALL album types reviews on the homepage Thumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 10:29am
Seing that demos are VERY important in some heavy metal genres, I fully support that idea.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by graphix graphix wrote:

After a small discussion with m@x, we decided to display ALL album types reviews on the homepage Thumbs Up

Great idea. There are some really important demos in the early death metal scene. Thumbs Up
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 3:37pm
This could be a possible bug, or I don't understand how the weighing system works for ratings.

I just submitted a 5 star review for Aerosmith- Rocks.  After submission, the rating went from a 4 to 4.23.  There was only one other rating (by Sleepwalker, another collaborator) which also included a review.  Shouldn't the current rating have been a 4.5?

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/aerosmith--rocks.aspx

According to the description above the rating section for an album, it mentions a submission with a review is a weight of 3, and a weight of 1 for a rating only.  Is the weighing system more complex that I am aware of?

This is the only instance of this I've seen so far btw.

Edited by Stooge - 07 May 2010 at 3:42pm
Sleepwalker View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleepwalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

This could be a possible bug, or I don't understand how the weighing system works for ratings.

I just submitted a 5 star review for Aerosmith- Rocks.  After submission, the rating went from a 4 to 4.23.  There was only one other rating (by Sleepwalker, another collaborator) which also included a review.  Shouldn't the current rating have been a 4.5?

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/aerosmith--rocks.aspx

According to the description above the rating section for an album, it mentions a submission with a review is a weight of 3, and a weight of 1 for a rating only.  Is the weighing system more complex that I am aware of?

This is the only instance of this I've seen so far btw.

That's odd indeed, and it's not the only case, here's another I found:

Perhaps it's because I'm in the admin team that my ratings have a higher value than those of special collabs? 
But, as far as I know those are supposed to have an equal value. 

graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 9:37am
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 2:37pm
Having a situation with trying to change my avatar from one that was already on MMA to a photo that i wish to import. Everything is good until the very end when i push OK and then nothing happens.Dead
Jbird View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 5:53pm
^^ I've never been able to get an avatar to load, either here or at progarchives. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong….
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 10:08pm
That's just plain wrong! Guess this site is a constant work in progress Confused
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 2:52am
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

That's just plain wrong! Guess this site is a constant work in progress Confused

Your avatar is changed to my eyes. Possible just needs a refresh to display correctly. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 6:19am
Originally posted by Jbird Jbird wrote:

^^ I've never been able to get an avatar to load, either here or at progarchives. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong….

Give me notice which picture you would like to use and I can try and upload it for you. It worked for Silly Puppy Smile
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2013 at 12:28pm
Yeah, thanks to UMUR i got it changed. Wasn't able to send the pic thru this messanger service either. Had to send him the link and have him do it. Oh the work of the admin is never done! Thanks, UMUR. Lovin my new lookThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic