Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [27.27%]
16 [18.18%]
48 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:58am
I believe in a God as in eru or illuvatar...
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 7:03am
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

That's just it... there is likely to be some God somewhere out there... but your Gandhi quote summed it all up for me. I guess I'll try to live a few more years before I get too involved with this thread though... LOL

if you have some spare time.. and of course the inclination... try reading up on Hinduism.  Fascinating religion.. Thumbs Up

I've done reading mostly focused on Christianity and Islam (these both have wonderful histories), but I'll have to check out some books on Hinduism now that you mention it. I've watched a few programs about it on the history channel whenever I have 2 or 3 hours to kill, but I've never done any proper reading on that religion,,,,

you've got that right Jeff... much like Christianity (in my eyes)... Islam is a beautiful and a fascinating religion... unfortunately corrupted ...or ...more accurately.. misinterpreted...by those who claim to be followers.

Not that Hinduism doesn't have it's fanatics or wack-jobs... look at Nathuaram Godse. Though extremist fringes of the Hindu faith tend to be more extreme nationalists.. than religious extremists (then again with history of India..  that is two sides of the same coin)  one of the many things that really drew me to the Hindu faith was it's tolerance and acceptance of other faiths. I'm not a practicing Hindu per se (I do love my BBQ hahahWink)... but let's say that of core beliefs... they mirror mine to a T.

definitely check it out Jeff.. a lot to love there... and a fascinating religion.. and also a VERY rich history.. as is the history of  India.

Edited by micky - 16 Apr 2010 at 7:06am
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 4:22pm

That's just it... there is likely to be some God somewhere out there... but your Gandhi quote summed it all up for me. I guess I'll try to live a few more years before I get too involved with this thread though... LOL

if you have some spare time.. and of course the inclination... try reading up on Hinduism.  Fascinating religion.. Thumbs Up

I've done reading mostly focused on Christianity and Islam (these both have wonderful histories), but I'll have to check out some books on Hinduism now that you mention it. I've watched a few programs about it on the history channel whenever I have 2 or 3 hours to kill, but I've never done any proper reading on that religion....

you've got that right Jeff... much like Christianity (in my eyes)... Islam is a beautiful and a fascinating religion... unfortunately corrupted ...or ...more accurately.. misinterpreted...by those who claim to be followers.

Not that Hinduism doesn't have it's fanatics or wack-jobs... look at Nathuaram Godse. Though extremist fringes of the Hindu faith tend to be more extreme nationalists.. than religious extremists (then again with history of India..  that is two sides of the same coin)  one of the many things that really drew me to the Hindu faith was it's tolerance and acceptance of other faiths. I'm not a practicing Hindu per se (I do love my BBQ hahahWink)... but let's say that of core beliefs... they mirror mine to a T.

definitely check it out Jeff.. a lot to love there... and a fascinating religion.. and also a VERY rich history.. as is the history of  India.

Thanks Micky. I might have to head to the library this weekend.... any recommendations?
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Phonebook Eater View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phonebook Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 2:12pm
I like to think that there's someone up there that watches us... Sometimes notBig smileCensored
Falx View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Falx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 2:54am
^ Ceiling Cat, and he's watching you doing that...

=F=
"Video meliora proboque deteriora sequor"
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:31am
God exists

that much is certain

I have experienced His love and as a Christian I can trust Him with everything I have  
GLAM METAL!
justametalfan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justametalfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:43am
For me there is no god because i don't need one.
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:51am
^Its not a matter of needing one, if He is real, doesnt he deserve something form us His creation

All He asks for is for us to believe in faith 
GLAM METAL!
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:07am
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

God exists

that much is certain

I have experienced His love and as a Christian I can trust Him with everything I have  

How can you be certain when there is no physical evidence to prove so. Do you believe every electrical impulse interpreted by your brain? How do you know that what you feel or see, is actually what exists in physical form?

Can you be certain that there is not a pink mammoth orbiting Saturn as we speak?
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:32pm

God exists

that much is certain

I don't think that can be certain except for each individual person. But it can't be used as an absolute for everybody. 

MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:44pm
It all comes down to faith. There may be a mammoth circling Saturn but that makes no difference to my life. God does make a difference - He changed my life and why should anyone have a problem with that?. Shouldn't you be happy that a life was changed from dark to light due to a faith in God. even if you do not believeI have a right to believe and express that belief as much as you are expressing your disbeliefs so freely.  The truth will set you free but you have to take the first step and actually believ the existence of god. if you are unwilling to cross that bridge nothing else can benefit - you will forever miss out on what God has in store for your life. Faith is the key, the substance of things hoped for. Belief is integral. God gave His son that we may have eternal life and not perish. That life is freely given.

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - 14 Jun 2010 at 8:18am
GLAM METAL!
JLocke View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:48pm
No.
JLocke View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

God exists

that much is certain

How can you be certain when there is no physical evidence to prove so. Do you believe every electrical impulse interpreted by your brain? How do you know that what you feel or see, is actually what exists in physical form?

Can you be certain that there is not a pink mammoth orbiting Saturn as we speak?

There is nothing you could say that will change his mind. He's got it made up, already. He doesn't need evidence because he uses gut feelings and coincidences to justify what he read in an old book. You or I call that delusion, but he calls it 'faith'.

Unbelief is just a dark room where people develop their negatives.   

I take huge offense at that statement. I was once a Christian, and despite my beliefs I did not judge others who did not share the same faith as I did. I was surrounded by judgmental Christ followers who claimed that anybody who did not believe in anything must be full of negativity and/or be very unhappy. I hated that attitude when I was in, and I still hate it now. Dropping my belief in a fictional God that will never be proven did absolutely nothing to my moral compass or my overall attitude towards other people. I'd like to think I'm a stand-up citizen who is kind to my fellow man, loves my family and overall enjoys life. If simply not believing in your sky god isn't good enough for you, then you're the one who has developed your negatives, not me. I could never paint such a broad picture of an entire group of people the way you just did with non-believers. 

Edited by JLocke - 21 May 2010 at 1:56pm
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:04pm
Guys, let's try to keep it as civil as possible, please... I know, no one has stepped over the line yet, but we all know how delicate such issues can be.

Personally, I tend to agree with what Micah wrote in the last paragraph of his post (nice to see you here, btwSmile!), since I used to be a practicing Catholic up until the age of 20 or so, and have encountered similar attitudes throughout the years. A couple of years ago a lady who still lives in my condo building in Rome told me I had to be religious because I had been taught so by my familyShocked! However, using disparaging terms or attitudes when talking about religious people is not a nice thing either.
JLocke View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 2:20pm
^ Thanks, Raff, Good to be here.

Please know that all I am doing to trying to defend my position, here. When somebody depicts me and all who share my belief (or lack thereof) in a negative light, I tend to get my feathers ruffled. ACR is always judging and proclaiming his opinions as fact, whether it's about God, parenting, sex, etc. and I guess I got a little sick of it for the moment. 

Meant no harm to him personally, of course. He's welcome to give a just-as-impassioned post right back to me, if he wishes. Wink
jampa17 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jampa17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:17pm
What surprises me is how Atomic Scott has time to post here while he is raining down over PA and MMA with reviews with no stops...!!! that's a men that believes...!!! Smile
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:46pm

Unbelief is just a dark room where people develop their negatives.  

Unbelief is a natural state. Unbelief is the existence of everything and nothing in harmony. Unbelief is the acceptance of the beauty of life at the most basic level, existence.
JLocke View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLocke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:27pm
^ Your avatar looks great on black! Wink lol
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by jampa17 jampa17 wrote:

What surprises me is how Atomic Scott has time to post here while he is raining down over PA and MMA with reviews with no stops...!!! that's a men that believes...!!! Smile
Yeah, hi mate. Obviously we picked the right thread to get the poarty started. here I have been here the space of a whole day and already have stirred up a hornet's nestLOL 

Its not my fault some bright spark decided to make a thread about the belief or non belief in God.

But I am not going to pretend he doesn't mean anything to my life.

Edited by AtomicCrimsonRush - 14 Jun 2010 at 8:18am
GLAM METAL!
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AtomicCrimsonRush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 8:22am

Unbelief is a natural state. Unbelief is the existence of everything and nothing in harmony. Unbelief is the acceptance of the beauty of life at the most basic level, existence.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry I got a bit heated there in the heat of the moment (Asia)  and have had time to reflect on that comment now thta the dust has settled, and yeah it was quite over the top and I apologise for anyone I offended as i can tell you sincerley it was not intentional.

GLAM METAL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic