Where do you buy your music from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 5:40am
Amazon sellers or ebay normally. Didn't actually know that Dodax have their own site. I've bought from them before. Will check their site out. I've bought a lot from All Your Music and zoverstocks as well. zover are a bit hit and miss on whether what they send is anywhere near the condition they listed since they seem to list everything as very good and only evaluate items after they've been sold (they've actually cancelled on me after paying twice now saying the item wasn't good enough to send after all, which pisses me off). In their defense when they do get something rare in they don't seem to whack the price up to ridiculous amounts the way other sellers do. I got quite a few hard to find Running Wild albums from them a few months back, for £8.25 each. 

Play.com merged with another company called Rakuten and became shit. Haven't bought from them in ages. Probably never will again. Sad.

I also found the site CD and LP recently (http://www.cdandlp.com/en/). They're a marketplace for independent sellers. I've seen some rarer stuff listed on there that other sites just don't have or want to charge the earth for. 

The actual record shop is a dying breed. Aside from HMV's in the nearby Chelmsford and Colchester town centre's (both of which aren't great but have actually been better in the last couple of years than they had been both in terms of selection and prices), we have a small shop in Sudbury which is only a short drive from the town I live in. They don't have much in the metal line though, just a few big names and maybe some newer releases if you're lucky. 

I did find a nice shop in Clacton last year which had a decent metal section. I picked up a couple of albums there. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2016 at 5:14am
I thought it would be interesting to hear where you buy your Vinyl, Cd's downloads etc. I always try and support independent retailers like Heavy Ritual records who are good for vinyl as much as possible but ultimately it comes down to price, the cheaper i get them the more albums I can afford. I always buy Cd or Vinyl and have never paid for downloads.

In the past I guess i got most from Amazon but these days their prices seem to be increasing and with their minimum spend policy of £20 for free postage that puts the price up even more and it's usually the Amazon partner sellers who sell them cheaper now. In fact some Amazon partners like Dodax have their own websites so buying from them directly normally means further savings as they don't have to give Amazon a cut.

Don't know what's happened to Play.com these days, they used to beat Amazon on price but these days they either don't have what I want or are too expensive. Likewise I rarely find the cheapest price on ebay and sometimes ridiculous postage costs make the price way too high.

Of course you can't beat walking into a good old fashioned record shop and browsing but the only only one we have near where I live is HMV and their selection is rubbish if you want something that's not mainstream.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic