The Video/PC Game Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 94>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 7:43am

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I've beaten Mass Effect 3, but the ending poses more questions than it answers...

I'm going to keep playing anyway.  I want to see how my favorite romantic option (Liara) plays out.  Plus, I already got 70% of the trophies.  I can probably get the platinum like I did in the second game.

Well, I met Liara hanging out at the Presidium.  And I guess I locked in the romance.  Love! Big smile

Edited by Wilytank - 25 Mar 2012 at 7:44am
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2012 at 7:20am
Beat Doom 64 yesterday... the final boss was fucking IMPOSSIBLE without some secrets that I missed out on earlier in the game. It took quite a few tries, but I did win.

Right now I've started to play this classic through an emulator:

Believe it or not, I've never actually played any of the Mario games from beginning to end. I'll start here and try a few others as well.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 11:27pm

More interesting Mass Effect 3 stuff:

Zero Punctuation:

Jimquisition:

you forgot Marauder Shields 

SPOILER ALERT: you might not want to watch this if you haven't beat me3 
also , katsumi goto's theme from ME2 is goddamn epic 

Edited by SKwid - 21 Mar 2012 at 11:36pm

Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 8:23pm
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

I've never played Ass Creed, but this new trailer makes me want to start.

Assassinating people from the trees looks to be pretty fun.
 i have a huge boner watching this, i still need to play revelations. 

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 9:34pm

I've beaten Mass Effect 3, but the ending poses more questions than it answers...

I'm going to keep playing anyway.  I want to see how my favorite romantic option (Liara) plays out.  Plus, I already got 70% of the trophies.  I can probably get the platinum like I did in the second game.

But I'm also ready to try some new stuff now and got this today:

i always find that romantic parts of the game never happen for me on the first playthrough.
i did bone that reporter lady though.
she is too easyCool

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 9:08pm
Doom 64 is hard as fuck!! I'm on level 18 right now, and haven't used any walkthroughs so far. It's an excellent game, though, and the level design is brilliant. I just wish that there were a manual save system - the 'save at the end of each level' format is frustrating as hell on some of the more difficult stages.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 6:23pm

But I'm also ready to try some new stuff now and got this today:

Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 10:44am

Assassinating people from the trees looks to be pretty fun.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 6:56am
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

you were also playing the 360 port of doom a while ago. 
i just redownloaded that tonight be cause i remembered how much fun it was 

Yep, I re-beat the game on 'Hurt Me Plenty' on 360 to get all of the achievements. It's a really fun title.

This N64 game actually isn't a port, but an entirely new Doom title that's exclusive to the N64. Big smile I'm on level 6 now... really good stuff.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 11:58pm
you were also playing the 360 port of doom a while ago. 
i just redownloaded that tonight be cause i remembered how much fun it was 

J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 7:53pm
Those three N64 games I mentioned earlier arrived in the mail today. Smile I started Doom 64:

I beat the first two levels, and although the lighting is terrible and the controls will take some getting used to, it's classic Doom - for me that's definitely a good thing! It's definitely a lot spookier and more atmospheric than other Doom games, though.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2012 at 9:42am

Sheavy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 7:55pm
I want Bethesda to make a game featuring the stuff from the SCP Foundation. I think it would be epic.

For anyone who doesn't know what that is.

On another note what's your favorite SCP?

Edited by Sheavy - 15 Mar 2012 at 8:10pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2012 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Yeah, I was raised on that shit.  I can't do the "dumb" variety of modern shooter because of it.

I love how 90% of "advanced tactics" in shooters these days come from Quake.  Unfortunately, nowadays games are becoming more and more slow-paced so that experienced players won't have a huge advantage.  Personally, as a new player in a game I'd rather lose than be BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

When Valve ported Half-Life 2: Deathmatch to the orange box engine, mostly breaking strafe jumping, bunny hopping, gravity gun jumps etc basically the entire game community died.  It's sad, really, that kids these days are too pussy to just suck it up and practice something

Another awesome part of DOOM was the par times for levels.  I think that was the only single-player game in which I've ever been motivated to memorize levels

I think that most modern shooters are 'all flash, no substance'. The graphics are great, the sound effects are amazing, the stories are compelling, but the level design is just downright boring. That's why I still wish that there were new FPS games that are basically run on the Doom engine, except with the best damn looking sprites you've ever seen.

And yeah, those par times are a lot of fun (and pretty damn difficult too). There are lots of shortcuts that are tough to find at first glance.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 9:52pm
Yeah, I was raised on that shit.  I can't do the "dumb" variety of modern shooter because of it.

I love how 90% of "advanced tactics" in shooters these days come from Quake.  Unfortunately, nowadays games are becoming more and more slow-paced so that experienced players won't have a huge advantage.  Personally, as a new player in a game I'd rather lose than be BORED OUT OF MY MIND.

When Valve ported Half-Life 2: Deathmatch to the orange box engine, mostly breaking strafe jumping, bunny hopping, gravity gun jumps etc basically the entire game community died.  It's sad, really, that kids these days are too pussy to just suck it up and practice something

Another awesome part of DOOM was the par times for levels.  I think that was the only single-player game in which I've ever been motivated to memorize levels

Edited by Triceratopsoil - 14 Mar 2012 at 9:53pm
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 8:44pm
I wish more FPS games still had those puzzle elements. That's a big reason why I think old school FPS games like Doom, Quake, Heretic, Duke Nukem, etc. are shitloads more fun than Call of Duty or Halo. I love the feeling of exploration more than I like the more straightforward modern shooters - not to say those games aren't great as well (they definitely are), but I don't get quite as much enjoyment and replay value as I do from earlier FPS titles.

EDIT :: and I also ordered Doom 64, Quake 64, and Forsaken 64 off of ebay the other day. I am SUPER excited to play all of these classics! Big smile

Edited by J-Man - 14 Mar 2012 at 8:45pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 8:26pm
It's certainly the most influential game of all time.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2012 at 8:20pm
After beating DOOM for about the dozenth time today, I've reached a conclusion that it is absolutely the greatest game of all-time.

Thoughts?
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2012 at 1:32pm
iv almost beat the game, as i have said elsewhere, im on what appears to be the final mission (i got the final speeches thing, ala. speeches before the me2 suicide run)
i decided to postpone that (wich will probably be until monday with me doing this assignment), because i wanted to sleep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8081828384 94>
  Share Topic