MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2024 at 7:37pm
So, Carcass last night...

Was going to go with my step-son, but he couldn't make it. I took my apprentice metalhead from work instead. He'd never even been to a proper live show before!

First band was a local band called Pieces of Molly. Would be one of the worst bands I've seen in a long time. Had a great guitarist who had a good singing voice, but the frontman was a complete egomaniac fuckwit.

The Black Dahlia Murder went down a storm. I didn't like them. Got fucking bored. Got in the pit for a while, but it was just meh. All the technical skill in the world, but no feel or atmosphere.

While Carcass were setting up, the fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate the building. It was because some fuckwit had been vaping and set off the alarm. Entitled cunt. Had to stand outside in the pissing rain. The look on the firemen's faces was priceless - obviously never seen a metal crowd before!

Carcass were just fucking brilliant. Jeff Walker is fucking tiny, and his bass is nearly as big as he is! Loved his sarcastic banter. "This place stinks. It stinks of semen." The venue is the former Maritime  Union building.LOL Got front and centre again, and sang "Keep On Rotting In The Free World" eye to eye with him. Bill Steer seems like a trippy old death metal hippie. Nippy Blackford fell off the stage at one point, and carried on playing sitting on the floor.

Anyway, I scored two guitar picks - one each from Carcass and TBDM. My young apprentice enjoyed himself. One of the managers from work was in the pit behind me, and he had a great time too.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2024 at 8:22am
Sounds like a more lively Carcass show than the ones I´ve been to, where the band and the crowds have been pretty static. The last show I saw was still pretty great though. Maybe the fact that they come by so rarely makes a difference in New Zealand.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 19 minutes ago at 8:41am
Later on this computer will be packed up and ready to go for our move from Pennsylvania back to Massachusetts. Won't be on here for about a week or so.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 36 minutes ago at 2:24pm
Moving because of a job situation?

I´ve yet to visit any other US state than California (other than landing shortly in Salt Lake City, Utah), but I´d like to visit some of the north eastern states sometime.
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 9 minutes ago at 2:51pm
I've been (a couple of times) to Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania. Impressive when you come out of a tunnel through the surrounding hills and the city is laid out in front of you. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 326327328
  Share Topic