MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Metal drop-in centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 7:01am
Never heard of Anu, i love ambient black metal stuf, i have to check it 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 5:20am
Lately i've been listening to Dornenreich a lot, awesome band 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:15am
So is the Legion still alive?

For the better part of this year, I've been obsessing over Black Metal from Sweden: Dark Funeral, Marduk, Watain.

Not that they have some particular sound or anything, just coincidence.
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:22am
Originally posted by angelmk angelmk wrote:

Lately i've been listening to Dornenreich a lot, awesome band 
I've tried to get into this band, but always failed... I still hope I can some day appreciate it more. Big smile
Originally posted by Ulfednar Ulfednar wrote:

For the better part of this year, I've been obsessing over Black Metal from Sweden: Dark Funeral, Marduk, Watain.
Marduk has went 10 times better since "Plague Angel" came, much thanks to Mortuus joining in as the singer. "Wormwood" is almost a Funeral Mist album (Mortuus' original band) so I really enjoy it.

Still having mixed feelings towards the latest Watain album. Trying to write something coherent some day when I am finally prepared to write a review of it...

I really liked Dark Funeral around 2005,  "Attera Totus Sanctus" was and probably still is a kick-ass album. So was / is Diabolis Interium. Since those years I've just lost my interest somehow.
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:38am
Have yet to listen to Watain's latest, and I'm going to have to since they'll be playing with Destroyer666 in my city soon.

As for Dark Funeral, Vobiscum Satanas remains my favourite album, and I was surprised to actually enjoy their latest, Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus, softer though it may be.
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 7:45am
Ah, almost forgot Vobiscum Satanas! Listened to that album a lot, too. I'd probably enjoy that DF album the most nowadays, so I'm going to give it a spin soon. Will be nostalgic.

Haven't listened to the newest one at all, maybe at some point to see what they are today.
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:08am

Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:21am
Must say, not my thing! The composition itself is definite Dark Funeral (can't really say is it a good song based on one listen), but the whole thing with polished sounds and music videos of that budget make me skeptical of their motives. Can't help getting a feeling that this is directed towards younger audience to sell better et cetera: the basic pattern towards the term selling out if I can say so.

Since Diabolis Interium, Dark Funeral has been on that verge of "good taste" in my opinion, but always stayed enough honest sounding somehow. Can't really get that vibe from this song, though I can not judge any album based on one track (and one listen), so maybe I'll see to the whole album later.
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 3:04pm
Well, the engineering for Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus was done by Hypocrisy's Peter Tagtgren, so the "polished" sound is no surprise.
kogaionon View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kogaionon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 5:41pm

Have yet to listen to Watain's latest, and I'm going to have to since they'll be playing with Destroyer666 in my city soon.

As for Dark Funeral, Vobiscum Satanas remains my favourite album, and I was surprised to actually enjoy their latest, Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus, softer though it may be.

about that latest watain album: listened to, appreciated it...for about two days (technically it's an interesting bm album) and then, don't know what happened, but they became dull as hell
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:29am
Originally posted by kogaionon kogaionon wrote:

about that latest watain album: listened to, appreciated it...for about two days (technically it's an interesting bm album) and then, don't know what happened, but they became dull as hell
I've heard people say this one thing about Lawless Darkness, and I quite agree with it: It's a good heavy metal album, but if I want to some enjoy some great black metal, I look elsewhere.

By the way, Erik Danielsson is pretty annoying in interviews. If any of you ever question him about the special edition version of Lawless Darkness (with all the Tarot cards and black candles) and the motives behind it, beware to be flamed. This has happened in every single interview I've read from him: he goes maniac and the "fuck off" comments start to appear.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 2:58am
Sounds like he is as sympathetic dudeWink
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 3:16am
Gave a listen to Lawless Darkness on the way to work this morning, I'm not impressed. It's not a bad album, the style just doesn't do it for me. 
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 5:26am

DROWNING THE LIGHT: "Catacombs of Blood"

*CD out through Dark Adversary Productions (late 2010)
*Vinyl LP out through Obscure Abhorrence (late 2010)
*Tape out through??

- - -

Much hated and also praised underground black metal band. Another new album - he releases lots of stuff and fast. Very anticipated release for me, even if they come up with a new album every 6 months or so. They've all been of high quality lately, so I don't mind.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 6:17am
Great cover artwork on that one.
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 6:26am
Yep, it's a nice change from the common DtL style with the main member posing in a forest or something in that vein. :-)
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 9:25am
i've tried to listen few LLN  bands lately Vlad Tepes, Aakon Keetreh, Belketre, Brenoritvrezorkre, but didn't like it, too bizzare, no melody, too gloomy, low quality production, strange ambient vibes  
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 10:15am
Originally posted by angelmk angelmk wrote:

i've tried to listen few LLN  bands lately Vlad Tepes, Aakon Keetreh, Belketre, Brenoritvrezorkre, but didn't like it, too bizzare, no melody, too gloomy, low quality production, strange ambient vibes  
A lot of it is crap, I agree. I think the best Les Legions Noires project was Torgeist. I've reviewed their two demos here, actually.

I also enjoy A�kon K��tr�h. No black metal, just simple, sorrowful melodies and some weird vocals. Said to be dark ambient, whatever. "Dans la For�t" is a good demo that would deserve a re-release but re-releases happen quite rarely with these LLN demos (Torgeist being one exception).
angelmk View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelmk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2010 at 4:26pm
^^ i have all 3 demos by Torgeist, i haven't listened them yet, i'll check them. Aakon Keetreh is an obscure one, also in that vain is Paysage d'Hiver, gloomy ambient, extreme example of dark ambient, harsh noise, i tried to listen that one too, but it didn't click on me 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Ulfednar View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ulfednar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2010 at 6:18pm
So I was listening to my player earlier, convinced that I had plugged in some Blut Aus Nord... but there was this song that sounded really good, and I couldn't for the life of me identify. So I check the screen and there we are: I had mistakenly played Watain's Lawless Darkness album instead. And I was blown away. I don't know what was going on in my brain yesterday, but I'm here to take back my last post: that album kicks some serious ass!

Let's see if it lasts, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 20>
  Share Topic