MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Metal drop-in centre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jd_Wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2012 at 10:52pm
If your needing a fix of some very basic, yet acrid and viciously brutal BM... Look up Italy's Oath.  Made early Bathory sound like Justin Timberlake gone really GAY.

Check them out... you'll never be the same again... (Evil laughter)
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 6:09pm
Dornenreich mp3.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/dornenreich--mp3.aspx?id=2875
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012 at 12:21pm
how come i could never get into black metal
HHP View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HHP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2013 at 2:45am
Check out BOUQ - a remarkable epic black/death metal band from Amman, Jordan. Unleashed in 2001; it is one of the 1st pioneers of the professional metal movement in the Middle Eastern region, and the oldest surviving Jordanian metal project.

You can listen to BOUQ's entire latest highly acclaimed full-length album "Berserk" here:
http://www.bouq-band.com/Media/Stream-Berserk.htm

Support BOUQ by buying "Berserk" physically or digitally from:
http://www.bouq-band.com/Bouq-Shop/Bouq-Shop.htm

"Berserk
" (released Dec. 2010); the 2nd album by BOUQ blends elements of majestic tribal atmospheres, spirituality, brutality, technique, and mythology, and has received outstanding reviews worldwide.

BOUQ is currently composing material for its 3rd full-length album, which will carry an ancient Levantine/Mesopotamian theme!

Join BOUQ on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bouqband
ReverbNation: http://www.reverbnation.com/bouq
SoundCloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/bouqband
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/bouqband
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bouqband
Official Website: http://www.bouq-band.com

---
A few quotes from Reviews about BOUQ's 2nd album "Berserk":
"Berserk is a masterpiece, a real underground gem which should appeal not only to fans of exotic stuff but supporters of quality Metal in general" - G.U.C. Magazine

�To hear music of such a quality from a small country like Jordan, places the so-called underground scene in the Western hemisphere in a somewhat awkward position� - A Dead Spot of Light Magazine

"Being musically omnipotent, Muhannad Bursheh can fairly be described as a god of music" - Metality.net

"Berserk boasts the best sound I've yet heard from an obscure Middle Eastern band" - The Heavy Metal Saloon

WE COLLECT THE GEMS OF THE UNDERGROUND!
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2013 at 11:10pm

I love how well this guy synced the music with the movie scenes.  One of my favorite Graveland songs too.
Clit Eastwound View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clit Eastwound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 4:36am
VUYVR "Eiskalt" 12"LP (unorthodox black metal from Geneva)

Free download/pre-orders/full streaming : http://store.throatr...com/bands/vuyvr

"Trying to determine why Vuyvr�s debut album "Eiskalt" is a stimulating and refreshing take on black metal is not an easy task. Hailing from Switzerland, their sound initially appears to be rather traditional, obviously influenced by a number of Norwegian and Swedish meisters of the genre. Beneath an impeccable flow and as the record will start to grow on you, you�ll notice subtle, personal touches which contribute to a large extent to the record�s peculiar charm. There�s majestic breakdowns who are wonderful but not strictly metallic (�Betrayers Of The North�), stellar dual guitars equally breathing of heavy metal and post rock (�Dead Trees Will Wander At Night�). The vocals are crisp but not exaggerated, conveying immediacy. The primitive pounding of the drums resonates the naive fury of extreme metal�s early days� Devil is in the details indeed and apparently Vuyvr have inherited the unorthodox class that characterizes their country�s metal tradition (Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Samael, Coroner�). Having excelled in the ranks of seminal underground acts such as Knut, Impure Wilhelmina, Rorcal, Elizabeth, they are not preoccupied by what the purists will think of them. They are devoted to sonic darkness and it�s all that matters. Less than a year after their initial racket, the band rushed into their practice space and recorded 9 tracks within a day that would eventually become �Eiskalt�. Your winter just got grimmer."

- Artwork by Richey Beckett
- Co-release Throatruiner Records & Blastbeat Mailmurder
- 180 gram black vinyl, limited to 500 copies. Out late February.

http://vuyvr.bandcamp.com
www.facebook.com/vuyvr
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 4:21pm
i don't see and never have seen what is so great about black metal. i just listened to some woodensthrone well just part of 1 song plus i have heard other black metal. it just sounds like noise with good instrumentation in the background that you can hardly hear 

Edited by vmoore - 13 Feb 2013 at 4:25pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 5:28pm
That�s a rather simplistic and IMO wrongful way of explaining how black metal sounds. There are so many sub genres in black metal, that I�m sure you don�t find every part of the genre unlistenable. Not every black metal act in the world prefer their music to sound like something off a demo recorded on a 4 track tape recorder in the late eighties/early nineties. Take a listen to something like Dimmu Borgir or Old Man�s Child and I�m sure you�ll see right away that there are also acts in the genre who prefer big, professional sounding productions.
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

That�s a rather simplistic and IMO wrongful way of explaining how black metal sounds. There are so many sub genres in black metal, that I�m sure you don�t find every part of the genre unlistenable. Not every black metal act in the world prefer their music to sound like something off a demo recorded on a 4 track tape recorder in the late eighties/early nineties. Take a listen to something like Dimmu Borgir or Old Man�s Child and I�m sure you�ll see right away that there are also acts in the genre who prefer big, professional sounding productions.
realy liking what i am hearing from one man's child also the 1 dimmu borgir song i heard
 was cool will explore them more at a later time

Edited by vmoore - 13 Feb 2013 at 6:10pm
VargTheViking View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VargTheViking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

There are so many sub genres in black metal, that I�m sure you don�t find every part of the genre unlistenable.

Pretty much this.

I could also recommend Carach Angren, ChthoniC, and Bal-Sagoth for if you're just getting into black metal. Black metal is a wonderful genre with many different sounds and styles within it, and I'd like to think that there's something for everybody.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by vmoore vmoore wrote:

]realy liking what i am hearing from one man's child also the 1 dimmu borgir song i heard

Immortal's latest four albums also share the same kind of sound.

Since you seem to be a thrash fan, you might also take a liking to some of the blackened thrash metal acts like Destroyer 666.

vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

]realy liking what i am hearing from one man's child also the 1 dimmu borgir song i heard

Immortal's latest four albums also share the same kind of sound.

Since you seem to be a thrash fan, you might also take a liking to some of the blackened thrash metal acts like Destroyer 666.

im liking what i am hearing off the latest 4 immortal records. do their older ones sound anything like their latest 4
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 9:52pm

im liking what i am hearing off the latest 4 immortal records. do their older ones sound anything like their latest 4

It's a lot rawer, but I like the evilness that comes with it, and that's were the bogus terms like "kvlt" come in. Wink

Edited by Wilytank - 13 Feb 2013 at 9:55pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2013 at 2:10am
Yeah  "kvlt" ErmmLOL
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:46am
I would highly recommend The Ruins of Beverast for anyone looking for an exceptionally unique black metal band.  It's the solo project of Nagelfar's ex-drummer, and with Nagelfar long since gone and Lunar Aurora recently dissolved he's actually the best black metal composer in Germany now.  I've recently finished reviewing all three of his albums awaiting a possible fourth one this year.
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/ruins-of-beverast-the.aspx?ac=ruins

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 2:16pm
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2013 at 10:47pm
I really wish I discovered Elysian Blaze before the close of 2012.  The album Blood Vaults would have easily made it into my top albums of the year list.
LONG SONG, massive atmosphere:
adace View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 7:50pm
Just listened to the new Summoning album. It's excellent! Definitely a contender for black metal AOTY.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by adace adace wrote:

Just listened to the new Summoning album. It's excellent! Definitely a contender for black metal AOTY.

Shit leaked even when the album was more than a month away from release.  Still, managed to find this song on Youtube.  Sounds really awesome.

adace View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 11:50pm
^Yeah, that's probably my favorite one off the album. So epic.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 20>
  Share Topic