MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ozzy Albums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: What Ozzy albums are your favourite(s)?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [36.36%]
9 [20.45%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [11.36%]
4 [9.09%]
2 [4.55%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [15.91%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [2.27%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ozzy Albums
    Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:46pm
Now is your chance to declare your love of the metal created by Ozzy and the myriad of great heavy metal guitarists he's had on board through the years... Just so you know, there are multiple votes permitted. Enjoy! Tongue
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:52pm

Personally, I'd go for the first four studio albums (Randy Rhoads and Jake E Lee) plus the monster album with Zakk Wylde that is No More Tears. I think these would make a classic box set!

Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:53pm
I really love his first three studio albums, but my vote went to Diary of a Madman. Pity he felt the need to scrap the original contributions by Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, and replace them with new ones Thumbs Down
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:57pm
Actually I'm getting to enjoy searching for the un-remastered copies now, it's like becoming the Indiana Jones of second hand record stores. Big smile
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:59pm
is this answer enough hahah...

gimme a hell yeah... Rawks

Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:59pm
1. Tribute
2. Diary = Blizzard
3. Bark = Sin
4. Tears = Wicked
5. The rest
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 4:07pm

Ow-ow-owoooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bark At The Moon!

micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Ow-ow-owoooooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Bark At The Moon!

hahhaha...  GOD I LOVED that video. LOL  Someone get a youtube clip of that one for the kiddies...
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 4:22pm
I still have the Ultimate Ozzy VHS somewhere. I loved Jake E. Lee. But I studied Randy Rhoads note for note. My greatest teacher though he was gone before I picked up the guitar.
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 4:42pm
he was something Jay...

I really like Jake E Lee as well.....

hahah... god I love this video..

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 4:10am
Live at Budokan is the only complete album I've heard and it's very good. Perhaps one day I'll dig into the early albums, if I can find the original versions.
<- Click on this!
Harry View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:19am
The last 2 albums were absolute garbage.
Diary of Madman is my favorite and Blizzard of Ozz second, but unfortunately as of the middle of last year when I really got into studying production, I find both almost unlistenable now.
Triple tracked solos sound really painful to my ears.
In 3rd place,  Tribute, which was my first introduction to Ozzy as a "solo" artist
PROGMAN View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROGMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

I really love his first three studio albums, but my vote went to Diary of a Madman. Pity he felt the need to scrap the original contributions by Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake, and replace them with new ones Thumbs Down

yes these don't sound right especially on "Goodbye to Romance".

This move was done over some dispute of pay or something.

Edited by PROGMAN - 01 Apr 2010 at 7:35am
Negoba View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Negoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Harry Harry wrote:

The last 2 albums were absolute garbage.
Diary of Madman is my favorite and Blizzard of Ozz second, but unfortunately as of the middle of last year when I really got into studying production, I find both almost unlistenable now.
Triple tracked solos sound really painful to my ears.
In 3rd place,  Tribute, which was my first introduction to Ozzy as a "solo" artist

The awful production on the first two albums is why I like Tribute so much. I know you don't dig the guitar tone but it's so much better than the studio versions.

At the time, no one had ever multitracked solos, let alone some of the most dextrous ones at the time. It's cheese cheese now, but it was actually part of the amazement of RR when those albums broke. That not only could he play that stuff, but that he could nail it exactly every single time.

Tribute also just has Randy at his absolute peak in terms of what we have now. I really wish we could have had "Over the Mountain" on that collection and dump "Goodbye to Romance" at minimum. There are some good versions of that live circulating. S.A.T.O would have been cool as well.
The T 666 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T 666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 12:36pm

I loved Blizzard of Ozz, but I also loved No More tears. I liked his albums a lot until recently.. Ozzmosis was his last good one

Voted No More tears for variety's sake

Matt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 1:47pm
Blizzard for me ......It has Crazy Train on it Rawks
Matt
lucas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 3:29pm
'No more tears' the best of the best (the 80's albums sound terribly dated). It has the late great Randy Castillo's best drumming and of course Zakk Wylde's unique trademark. Far better than its commercial predecessor and more metal than its follower.
alberto mu�oz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

he was something Jay...

I really like Jake E Lee as well.....

hahah... god I love this video..

Did you hear the budokan version?

Sure rocks!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:09pm
Blizzard following by Ultimate Sin.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alberto mu�oz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 7:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic