Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The CFL 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

Did you guys hear that Fred Stamps claims he's the best receiver in the league?  At least stats back that up this season, unlike last year when he dropped everything.

I just checked his stats Trice. He can back it up with his numbers. Wasn't he hurt for awhile last year and/or played injured? Amazing what a new season can do for a player. BTW, just to remind you again, your 'smos are going to melt tonight. LOL Just givin' ya bad time there buddy.Wink
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Originally posted by cannon cannon wrote:

I hope you're right about the Argos, Phil.  We're going with Dalton Bell over Lemon, but since I have little confidence in either of them at this point, what's the difference? LOL

I have more confidence in Lemon than I do Bell. Lemon will come in the second half and put it together and drive the team to a last minute field goal to win it by 1. Then Trice can longer post "winning".Wink

I see Chad Ochocinco got traded to the Patriots. Belichick won't tolerate any foolishness. If Ochocinco decides to keep his mouth shut and play football I think he will do very well. He's only got the best QB throwing him the ball.

Being from the Pacific Northwest and Seattle not too far away I'm a Seahawk's fan. With QB Matt Hasselback now a Tennessee Titan, Charlie Whitehurst will be the starting QB. Tavares Jackson, who they got from the Vikings will be right up there for the starting job. I was hoping the 'Hawks would of got Kevin Kolb from the Eagles but he signed with the Cardinals.

It was good to see the players/owners work it out. I didn't think the season would be cancelled. Way too much money involved.

Never heard of Whitehurst.  Is he a rookie or a vet backup?  Granted, I love NFL football, but have never really followed 1 team for too long.

I'm glad the lockout ended too.  I have a feeling that the NBA lockout will last longer.  I don't think it would make much of a difference if the Raptors played or not next year.  The players can still work on strength and conditioning, plus their draft pick will be in Europe for a year.  Anyway, back to football...

Just going off the top of my head Dan, I think he's been with the 'Hawks for 3 years as he was with, I think the Cardinals before that. He hasn't played much over his career and when I have seen him play he didn't too bad. I don't think he's a starter though. Tavares Jackson didn't get much time in Minnesota behind Brett Farve and I see him becoming the starter eventually. I think the Rams will win the NFC west this year as QB Sam Bradford will take off.

I agree with ya. I think there will be no NBA this season. I did some research on the league's $ numbers last winter and from what I saw they're in pretty bad shape. However, numbers can be manipulated depending from which side one is coming from.

BTW, 17-13 for the Cat's over the Als at the half.Cool
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 10:07pm
Game was looking pretty bad for a while here, but now it's 17-15 at the half.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 11:48pm
Where did that post go?

Winning

Smile
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 11:52pm
Ugh!! Angry

I don't know what gave Jim Barker confidence in Grant Shaw's leg from that distance.  His 2 bungled punts put the Esks in good field position, which eventually led to touchdowns.  Kackert had a great game, but needs to get a grip on the football.  The turnovers by the offense, as usual, puts the D in a rough spot. The defense was huge, and the end of the second quarter was deflating.   Yes there should have been time on the clock, but why the hell did the official signal halftime prematurely?

I'm assuming the Argos are 1-5.  I'd be shocked if the Als lose a third in a row no matter who they line up against.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 12:02am
I was embarrassed to watch most of that game, honestly.  The esk's defense was AWFUL, I was cringing every time they missed a tackle.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 4:42am
This time expiration is killing me.Angry What are we, "Back in the USSR."

Both darn good games I thought.

I can't imagine sitting in 40C heat, yet play football. Kevin Glenn looked like his MVP year with the Bombers a few years back. The Hamilton crowd was great. Nice to see the Als lose two straight. Like you said Dan, it's hard to see this team lose three in row.

I can understand your frustration. WTF was Jim Barker thinking? I couldn't believe it when the field goal team came on the field. Especially after Shaw shanking those two punts as his confidence must of been waning. I would of kept in Bell's hands.

The punting team just killed the Argos. Those two shanked punts, one for a net of a 12 yards and then they take a time count violation for 10 yards. All three times it gave the Esks great field position and like you said they scored 14 points.

I thought Dalton Bell played a great game considering it was only his third start. He sure had help with Kackert. Where did this guy come from? Deceptive speed and an overdrive gear as well. Both teams have excellent RBs. What's going to happen when Chad Owens comes back? Now that's a backfield.

Have to agree with ya Trice. The Esks looked brutal, especially in the first half. The Argos gave them momentum in the last minute of the first half. Good teams know how to win ugly. The Esks are 5-0, first time since 1980, back in the dynasty years when the team won 5 straight Grey Cups. I remember the team well. I hated them as they beat the Lions all the time.

The Riders and Stamps this evening. I'm picking the Green to squeak out a victory at home. 33-31.

My avatar curse is now on the Seahawks.Wink

Edited by cannon - 30 Jul 2011 at 4:57am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 1:12pm
I'm leaving to go camping today, gonna miss that game.  I'd definitely rather the Riders win.  They are who we were cheering for at home during the last two seasons.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 12:56pm
Can't say I'm surprised by last night's result.  At least the Al's defense let Lemon pad his stats in the final minute. LOL
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 1:42pm
Esk's are going to have a tough one this weekend.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:26pm

Can't say I'm surprised by last night's result.  At least the Al's defense let Lemon pad his stats in the final minute. LOL

I watched the game until the end of the 3rd quarter Dan. Again, like last weekend, a mistake in last seconds of the first half seemed to take the air out of the Argos. The Argos were driving. It was 20-13 for the Als and the ball got handed off to Kackert and he didn't run out of bounds in enough time and the clock ran out and they were in plenty of range of a FG. It was all Als in the 3rd qtr. and it was all but over.

I missed the first couple of minutes of the game and said myself, "How come Dalton Bell is starting?" Did you hear anything for the reasons why Dan?

AC passed Damon Allen's completion record. Quite a feat.Clap
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 4:41pm

Esk's are going to have a tough one this weekend.

Should be a good game Trice. A good offence against a great defence. Didn't I pick these two teams to finish last in their divisions. Here I was thinking that was an expert.LOL

Lions and Riders are second on the bill in tonight's double header. My two fav teams at a combined 1-9. What a joke.

The Lions picked up Arland Bruce III from the Ti-Cats this week. The Ochocinco of the CFL. He won't be playing until next weekend. I'm hoping for the Lions but won't be disappointed if they lose as one of my teams will get a win.Smile

The Esks over the Bombers as Buck Pierce will again get hurt. Pretty hard not to predict that.

Lions will be 0-6.

Taking the Ti-Cats over Stamps tomorrow.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 5:46pm
If Pierce get hurt yeah I'd say the game is a given, but if he stays all match it's hard to say
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 8:06pm

I missed the first couple of minutes of the game and said myself, "How come Dalton Bell is starting?" Did you hear anything for the reasons why Dan?

You mean why did Lemon start over Bell? I don't know.  The lesser of 2 evils I guess.

Bell started last week because Lemon was suffering some nerve damage in his mouth after getting hit when diving head first for extra yards.  That's just one possible reason, but I really don't know how that particular injury would affect his playing.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 5:10am

You mean why did Lemon start over Bell? I don't know.  The lesser of 2 evils I guess.

Bell started last week because Lemon was suffering some nerve damage in his mouth after getting hit when diving head first for extra yards.  That's just one possible reason, but I really don't know how that particular injury would affect his playing.

Ya, that's what I meant. I forgot to put "not" in my sentence.Geek

I heard during the Bombers/Eskies game that he had dental surgery as one of the Bombers smashed his mouth.

Talking about the Bomber/Eskies. Great game! The best of the season. Well executed and balanced offence from both sides. Some great catches. Buck had a wail of a game. Trice nailed 'er in his earlier post. One hell of a run for a TD by Buck. 48 yards. There was no denying him the end zone. One thing I couldn't believe and never seen before was that Pierce actually did a hook slide instead of taking the D straight on. The crowd applauded, but not for his run, but for his slide. I actually laughed.

Ray got picked three times but he had alot of heat on him most of the game and actually did very well in eluding the rush and running the ball.

The Als, Bombers and Eskimos do look like the top 3 teams of the league so far. The Bombers and Als don't play until the end of September.

LIONS WIN! A good game but no comparison to the first game. The Riders looked uninterested, no enthusiam, no sence of urgency. It looks like they're still deflated after thier second straight loss in the Grey Cup. Lackluster would be the word.

BTW, how does it feel to lose Trice?LOL

Edited by cannon - 06 Aug 2011 at 5:11am
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 2:23pm
More turnovers that game than the rest of the season so far LOL
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 5:36am
The Eskies looked like they did during the first half of last year last night. Ray got pummeled. Jerome Messam ran for a whopping -3 yards. The Als are all but unbeatable at home. That's two in a row Trice. What's going on in the City Of Champions?

Calgary over the Riders tonight. The Stamps are rollin'.

Toronto just gets by the T-Cats by 3. Dalton Bell starts(?).

Going out on a whim here and the Lions will beat the Bombers in the last minute at home.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 12:13pm
I dunno what's going on.  I didn't watch that game, that's probably why they lost.  We went out to the lake to test our boat after getting it back from the shop; seems to work now.
cannon View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 5:05pm
Good to hear about your motor.Cool

Get in much as you can while the going is hot. Guess who's just around the corner?

Edited by cannon - 12 Aug 2011 at 5:05pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 5:17pm
Might be out again next weekend
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic