MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Little Pony: not depraved, just stunted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Little Pony: not depraved, just stunted
    Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 12:01am

I thought you hated everything Henry, what the hell is this?
Everything except for ponies and underage Miley Cyrus. This is a show about brightly colored semi-magical ponies who live in Ponyville in the land of Equestria, ruled with an iron (but loving hoof) by the sun goddess, Princess Celestia. Princess Celestia cares deeply about friendship and Twilight must report every week what aspect of friendship she learned about this week (don't tell anyone, but Twilight may have Asperger's Syndrome). 

Why should I watch this?
Because it's the only thing that makes me feel alive. Also, it is by Lauren Faust, who you may remember from Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary friends, so it is not your typical show for little girls. Also, the rest of the internet loves it and everyone loves a bandwagon!

Where can I watch this?
This is a list of episodes. It is aired on The Hub at 1:30pm Fridays EST, uploaded to Hubbworld.com a week after air, and available on iTunes on Sundays. Or, more practically YOUTUBE. It is probably easier to just search for an episode and ask Youtube to filter for HD, but here are some channels with copies. If you are new, I recommend Sonic Rainboom, Green Isn't Your Color, and/or Dragonshy. The pilot is a bit goofy and doesn't represent what the rest of the series is about.

AngrytigerP (1080p, 22 minute Eps 1-3, 8, 13-21)
MyLittlePony1080p (Eps 1, 2, 3, 13-19.5)
Pensivepony (fast updates)
Littlepony2011 (720p or 1080p)
JunkiesNewb (Mixed, 720p & 22 minutes or lesser. Reuploaded MAST3RLINKX vids.)
MenloMarseilles (360p, 22 minute Eps)

There's no new episode for a week and I need more pony!
The safest is bronibooru, which is less popular but heavily moderated.

If you must have more content, HERE THERE BE SHIPPING:
Ponibooru (Significantly improved now that they've cracked down on NSFW content)
Deviantart (there's always something new and usually there's something good in there, but always browse with mature content filter on!)
Ponychan (Speaks for itself)
Equestria Daily (98% shipping fanfiction)
And there's always a thread open on /co/ of 4chan and plus4chan, but those change too rapidly to be linked to and the signal to noise ratio is very high

Ok, so what can we talk about in this thread?
Well besides the episodes themselves, there is an enormous amount of fan content to share and discuss. 

From videos that must have taken too long to edit

(Yes I have watched this video at least 10 times what of it?)

To music remixes

To fan art that is

http://imgur.com/x7tX5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rokAh.png
http://imgur.com/EetH2.png
http://i.imgur.com/lYRDZ.png
To

http://i.imgur.com/mXOgp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/7nP9T.jpg
To crossover art

http://i.imgur.com/W4le5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zxYy6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HzTtr.jpg
To art that is

http://i.imgur.com/oyuGZ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cNazo.jpg
To art that is just bad.
http://i.imgur.com/xHAsJ.jpg
My name is My Little Pony and I'm an anime!
(Most of these were resized for viewing convenience because when started making this thread I foolishly thought I could inline 20 images as long as each image was no larger than 800 pixels on any side. I discovered this was wrong when my browser crashed when I tried to open the final thread. I'm not re-uploading all of them now, but I can repost the original upon request)

You can also talk about the series before Friendship is Magic if you would, although the only reason you would do that is if you are a masochist like me.

(I have watch both of the full movies these songs come from )

You are a fucking pedophile!

Edited by Henry Plainview - 30 Sep 2011 at 11:58pm

Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Any Colour You Like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 12:07am
Holy fucking shit.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 1:02am
I've always thought this deserved more views.

And was that a Road Runner reference in the latest episode?

Edited by A Person - 09 Apr 2011 at 1:03am
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 1:52am

Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

And was that a Road Runner reference in the latest episode?

Yeah, they did a Benny Hill segment in Ticket Master too. I thought it was just ok then, and it felt far too long the second time around. Anybody with a slight knowledge of mythology knew where it was going, stop padding out the episode with filler. The stylized giant Phoenix was nice, though. 

Otherwise it was great, it's almost as if they want to create more reaction macros with the expressions. And I was happy to see all the fan art of Celestia trolling vindicated. 

However, the moral was one of the most poorly thought out yet. On the surface, it was so far the moral that is probably most directly relevant to the target audience, but they were freaking out over nothing. I don't know if "Don't touch Mommy's stuff without asking because it might pretend to be broken just to fuck with you and then you will be afraid of being banished to the moon" is really a relatable message. 

Interestingly, Rainbow Dash also thought she was going to be banished to the Everfree Forest for screwing up the competition in Sonic Rainboom. I assume that interacting with somepony who is sort of your mother, your ruler, and the physical incarnation of your deity would be intimidating, but somepony really needs to tell her how she is perceived by her subjects. Maybe off-camera she rules with an iron hoof of friendship? Someone was complaining online that Fluttershy should have mentioned Luna when at the end Celestia asked her where she would get such an idea, but that sounds to me like the kind of flippancy that gets you banished to the moon!
Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Holy fucking shit.

I would like to apologize again for the state of the thread when you first opened it. I know internets are more precious over in kiwiland and making such a giant post was a noob mistake. Maybe I'll add some more linked art now that I know inlining anymore is out of the question. And yes, making that took a really fucking long time, especially since my computer crashed and I lost it halfway through the first time.

A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:15am
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Otherwise it was great, it's almost as if they want to create more reaction macros with the expressions.

I noticed that too, I also noticed it in Green Isn't Your Color, this time around Fluttershy and Twilight both had lots of good ones.

No wonder Luna turned out the way she did, she probably never even caught a break with Philomena. http://i.imgur.com/6ngeA.png I hope we get to see how Celestia operates as a ruler soon, so far it's only been "lulz sorry ponies, off to Fillydelphia", I kind of want to see if this actually happens.

http://i.imgur.com/TVuht.png

Also, Angel did a great job as the White Rabbit.

Edited by A Person - 09 Apr 2011 at 2:18am
The Angry Scotsman View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Angry Scotsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 2:22am
Really, this was only a matter of time.

Originally posted by Any Colour You Like Any Colour You Like wrote:

Holy fucking shit.

That's really all there is to say
Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Testament. The real Big Four of thrash metal!

Listen to doom metal, worship Satan
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:03am
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 3:57am

Otherwise it was great, it's almost as if they want to create more reaction macros with the expressions.

I noticed that too, I also noticed it in Green Isn't Your Color, this time around Fluttershy and Twilight both had lots of good ones.

Although I don't know if you noticed, but I fairly sure the Philomena my life is flashing before my eyes squeak is the same sound file from when Twilight met her in the pilot.
Quote No wonder Luna turned out the way she did, she probably never even caught a break with Philomena. http://i.imgur.com/6ngeA.png I hope we get to see how Celestia operates as a ruler soon, so far it's only been "lulz sorry ponies, off to Fillydelphia", I kind of want to see if this actually happens.

I bet it did die around the time Luna was banished, while it's not specified in MLP, the traditional life-span of a phoenix is 1000 years. Maybe all this will be resolved when Luna comes back for season 2. And while I would also like to see that, I'm afraid that the target audience does not care about Equestrian politics, so that is probably not going to happen. And some of the mystique of Celestia lies in that we really have no idea what she does besides raise the sun and send letters to Twilight. 
Quote Also, Angel did a great job as the White Rabbit.

Oh yeah, that was an interesting insert, although I think they belabored it a bit. Have some subtlety, guys, any 5 year old girl who is going to get it is going to get it almost right away.

What do you think the over under odds are of the CMC finally getting their cutie marks in next week's episode? I'm hoping they will finally resolve that plotline, but I'm afraid they won't. The CMC are steadily improving, but they're more annoying than :3, which is realistic but still annoying, and they detract from the mane cast. 
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

Unless I want to punish myself, I don't watch '80s cartoons because they were really bad, so I'm afraid I don't get the reference. 

Edited by Henry Plainview - 09 Apr 2011 at 4:07am

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 6:15am
Awesome thread. 
The Block View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Block Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:34am

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:57am
ALSO POSTING IN AN AWESOME THREAD 

A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 12:16pm

Although I don't know if you noticed, but I fairly sure the Philomena my life is flashing before my eyes squeak is the same sound file from when Twilight met her in the pilot.

I know that it is but I didn't notice when I was watching.
Quote And while I would also like to see that, I'm afraid that the target audience does not care about Equestrian politics, so that is probably not going to happen. And some of the mystique of Celestia lies in that we really have no idea what she does besides raise the sun and send letters to Twilight.

That's true, it's probably more fun guessing than knowing.
Quote What do you think the over under odds are of the CMC finally getting their cutie marks in next week's episode? I'm hoping they will finally resolve that plotline, but I'm afraid they won't. The CMC are steadily improving, but they're more annoying than :3, which is realistic but still annoying, and they detract from the mane cast.

I'm not thinking they'll get their cutie marks, but perhaps it'll launch an arch of sorts, so far the CMC have been annoyingly obtuse when it comes to earning their cutie marks. The next episode should be good, the CMC have been better when interacting with the mane cast, that's how we got the cupcake song after all.

Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

Vinyl Scratch/DJ PON-3 is awesome.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 12:19pm

Vinyl Scratch/DJ PON-3 is awesome.

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST 

Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 4:55pm
This is a disgrace to Human society.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

This is a disgrace to Human society.

Edited by SKwid - 09 Apr 2011 at 6:02pm

harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harmonium.ro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 6:36pm
Henry, please recommend me a pony avatar that fits my personality.
Andyman1125 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyman1125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 7:54pm
Please do not fall victim to this awful trend, Alex.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:47pm
honestly. im enjoying watching these. i love kids cartoonsTongue

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry Plainview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2011 at 11:56pm

This is legitimately excellent. 

I'm not thinking they'll get their cutie marks, but perhaps it'll launch an arch of sorts, so far the CMC have been annoyingly obtuse when it comes to earning their cutie marks. The next episode should be good, the CMC have been better when interacting with the mane cast, that's how we got the cupcake song after all.

I would think that Lauren would want it to be resolved because she didn't know if she was going to get a second season, but I'm not sure what marketing would think of that. On the one hand they could sell two copies of the same shitty toy, but on the other it may decrease the value of the old toys without the cutie marks. It's hard to say because in any case, Hasbro does not give a damn about the FiM toys.

And yeah, the CMC are only good when they're not alone, Stare Master is so much better than Show Stoppers. I had forgotten it, but they also re-used the sound file from Fluttershy singing the theme towards the end of Ticket Master. I guess (along with the reworking of the Yakety Sax theme/segment) we're seeing the stretching points of the budget as we reach the end of the season. 

And this is too big to inline and I'm too lazy to resize but AAAAHHHHH.
And some apropos fan art.

Welcome brony! If you're going to use Scratch you should use a more musical version of him since this is a music site.

I can crop it for you if you want. Or you can go even more metal with secret butt fun.

Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Henry, please recommend me a pony avatar that fits my personality.

I thought about this for a while, and I couldn't really think of something good, but here are a few ones that you may or may not like.

And I'm tired of inlining images now because this page already chugs enough, if you aren't a fan of those you'll probably find something in this thread.
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

Please do not fall victim to this awful trend, Alex.

I can't inline this because it's 2 megs, but pretend that I did.

Edited by Henry Plainview - 10 Apr 2011 at 12:04am

SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2011 at 12:06am

Welcome brony! If you're going to use Scratch you should use a more musical version of him since this is a music site.

I can crop it for you if you want. Or you can go even more metal with secret butt fun.

done, reminds me of making my tunesCool
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 36>
  Share Topic