Forum Home Forum Home >Other music related lounges >General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why the F**k have I got this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 1:27pm
I suppose you had to be there... Goodbye KISS Alive II, I will not be requiring your services any longer.

I don't suppose Alive III is much better? I'll give it a go first.

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Vim Fuego Vim Fuego wrote:

Now I think I get Aerosmith. The big budget overblown shit came later in their career. This was fucking good! First time I had heard the original version of Mama Kin.

I was never one for guitar heroes, so I don't know what I'll think about this:

I always imagine that his kid must look back on Ya Yo Gack or whatever it's called with utter embarrassment. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Now I think I get Aerosmith. The big budget overblown shit came later in their career. This was fucking good! First time I had heard the original version of Mama Kin.

I always imagine that his kid must look back on Ya Yo Gack or whatever it's called with utter embarrassment. 

It's not a bad song, except for the silly baby talk.

Anyway, Kiss Alive III is a HUGE improvement on Alive II. The filler ratio has been reduced, and the production values are better. I'm keeping it. Alive! is the next album on the list to explore, but I'm all KISS'ed out for now. I might come back to it if I remember. Time for a completely different pile of poo:

I hate f'kin' Slipknot with a vengeance, so this might not last long...
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 3:43pm
OK, truly pathetic. I got as far as the sixth track, which is about five more than I initially would have thought. It's so feeble it's not even annoying. It inspires indifference. I was considering keeping it and writing a flaming review of it, since the album has none, but I can't even work up the motivation to do that. Deleting, and if I ever find the inspiration to write that review, I'll do it off Spotify.

Now, I love Alice Cooper, but I never got round to listening to much past Trash and a few of the 70s albums. My dear brother though, he collected everything. So giving this a first full listen.Smile

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:45pm
Good old Alice. Not vital or particularly impressive, but solid. A keeper.

The next one is a RATM bootleg... er, unauthorised recording, I mean.

I don't really like RATM, so this might not last long either.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 4:48pm

I suppose you had to be there... Goodbye KISS Alive II, I will not be requiring your services any longer.

Never understood the fuss made over the first 2 Kiss live albums, especially the first one. I thought they were both pretty weak. Must admit I've not heard this one though.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Nightfly Nightfly wrote:

Never understood the fuss made over the first 2 Kiss live albums, especially the first one. I thought they were both pretty weak. Must admit I've not heard this one though.

I think they both suffer from KISS' career long inconsistency. I have even heard a KISS fan say you'll only get a couple of good songs per album. By 1993, they had released enough albums to find enough decent songs for a consistent live show. It would be cool to see live, but then you'd have to put up with the Kiss Army too.LOL

Anyway, the RATM bootleg wasn't a good idea. Why did I think I would want to listen to songs I don't like, played a bit out of tune (well, sung out of tune. The rest of the band are pretty fucking tight!), and badly recorded? Bye bye America's Most Wanted.

And here's another surprise: Queensryche. Yes, I have Operation: Mindcrime, and I have heard a couple of the early albums, and I have a greatest hits CD somewhere, but I have never given these guys much more of a listen than that. Let's see how this goes.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 6:45pm
That Queensryche album was really fucking good. 3.5.

Aaand... back to KISS (FFS...) I gotta say I haven't even HEARD of this album, let alone heard anything ON it:

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 7:32pm
That was actually a pleasant surprise. Not a great album by any means, but a genuine heavy metal album, and not the usual pop rock crap. I won't listen to it often, but it can stay.

I have heard bits and pieces from this, but never sat through the whole thing:

Unitron View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unitron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 8:04pm

That was actually a pleasant surprise. Not a great album by any means, but a genuine heavy metal album, and not the usual pop rock crap. I won't listen to it often, but it can stay.

Now, I'm curious. I've never heard it, but if it's anything like Creatures of the Night (as in Kiss making a metal album), I'd probably enjoy it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and sorry about the Slipknot picture. I gave it some better quality cover art, not that it'll make it a better album. LOL

Edited by Unitron - 16 May 2020 at 8:05pm
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Now, I'm curious. I've never heard it, but if it's anything like Creatures of the Night (as in Kiss making a metal album), I'd probably enjoy it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and sorry about the Slipknot picture. I gave it some better quality cover art, not that it'll make it a better album. LOL

No problem. I have broken several of my own pictures in the past few days updating them.Big smile
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

He he I think he is cute. On topic I love this EP. Especially Bad Horsie and of course the amazing Tender Surrender...the latter is probably my favorite Steve Vai song. Try watching some of the live videos of that song on Youtube...crazy shit, but still very melodic....and of course Vai has time to run his fingers through his his, lick his fingers, and play wih his right han on the fretboard instead of his left hand. The man is a phenomenon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw74sDWPH7U

Edited by UMUR - 17 May 2020 at 11:36am
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

Animalize is listenable, decent, but it's no Creatures of the Night, which IMO is one of the band's best works. 
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 3:45pm

Great debut album. The next 3 were even better.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 9:52pm

I'll check 'em out when I get that far. I'm pleased I'm discovering some decent music here, and it's not all just shit like I thought it would be.
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2020 at 3:14am

I'll check 'em out when I get that far. I'm pleased I'm discovering some decent music here, and it's not all just shit like I thought it would be.

70s Aerosmith is great, the only albums really worth checking out. 
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 11:58am
Right, back into it!

Another band I really don't have much time for. It's a bit of a surprise to see my brother had this.

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 12:14pm
Nah, fuck that shit. Mediocre, pedestrian, and utterly fucking boring! It's going!

Now, I like Die Toten Hosen in general, but I basically only know their Learning English albums Now playing this:

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 1:59pm
Like I thought. Didn't disappoint. A keeper.

Unfortunately, I found more Lamb of God. Those vocals are fucking terrible so far!

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 2:12pm
Nope. It's gone. That fucking singer wants to be Phil Anselmo but hasn't got the power or range.

Aaaand, I discovered some more KISS...

Oh man, that's a fucking AWFUL album cover!Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic