The General Film and TV Discussion Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:27am
Looking forward to the Blade film. Enjoyed Wesley Snipes' interpretation but just wish they'd stuck to him being a British character - he's not meant to be an American. If Cumberbatch can do a US drawl for Doctor Strange, I'm sure Snipes could put a cockney twang on. And it would be better as an 18 too.
666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 4:09am
I really don't know why they have to change the formula and make the TV shows an official part of the Phases. Three Phases have worked perfectly well with just movies and the shows being on the side. 

More than that, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, WandaVision and Loki could easily be legitimate film projects. It's only the animated What If series that actually seems like it should be a series and not a movie. And that's not even canon so why does it need to be a main part of Phase 4?

They've lost the plot. 

That said, I'm looking forward to some of these projects though I'm sceptical of the next Doctor Strange movie since they've said it's going to be closer to a horror movie yet also sworn that they aren't going to make anything rated above 12. Same goes for the eventual introduction of Blade. 
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:37pm
Yeah Disney Plus is yet another platform after your money. It’s getting expensive. And the Disney part-owned Hula are trying to get in on the act with their own Marvel-related planned offerings. I was actually disappointed that Marvel didn’t consider the Netflix characters part of the MCU. Luke Cage is a long-standing Avenger in the comics and the other three were Avengers too at some point. Even the Punisher linked up with the group at least once. Be good to have seen Daredevil and Iron Fist on the battlefield in the last. Avengers film.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:59pm
So, Marvel is pulling what I consider a real sneaky one: Phase 4 MCU movies that tie directly to Disney+ TV shows. Meaning that if you don't watch the shows, you're going to miss details for the movies. This is completely unlike the now axed Netflix MCU roster that referenced the movies but had it's own internal continuity.

So far this seems to mostly only affect the second Doctor Strange movie which has been confirmed to feature Scarlet Witch and follow on from the WandaVision TV show. 

What concerns me the most here is that there are absolutely zero announced plans as far as I can tell for Disney+ to be anywhere but the US so it's completely up in the air how anyone else in the world will get to even see these shows. And I wasn't bothered about that, until they made this move. 

Also, even if Disney+ does come to the UK, it seems unreasonable to have enough TV subscription coming into the house. We already pay for Now TV, Netflix and Amazon Prime. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 12:18am
Thor 4 has been confirmed for the MCU. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 2:39pm
Argento movies and Goblin soundtracks always Work. Sure most Italian movies from that time are pretty corny, but there´s something charming about that too right! Smile
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:43am
Got my first taste of Italian Giallo movies yesterday. Think I've found my next film noir, meaning a new genre for me to delve extensively into. The two I've watched (The Red Queen Kills Seven Times and Tenebrae) both have some really corny violence but both plots were very intriguing and they both had pretty epic soundtracks. 

I have Deep Red lined up to watch next, which is supposed to be the best of the genre. 
GG2U

TheHeavyMetalCat View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Black and Death Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheHeavyMetalCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 1:01pm
I saw Endgame today.

In many ways it did live up to its hype, but it also has significant problems that for me, preclude it from being a masterpiece. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how I can elaborate on my feelings further than this without spoilers (seriously why the hell does this forum NOT have spoiler tags?). Let's just say there was a ton of characters I could have lived with being killed off for good and just one that I really couldn't. They killed off the one. It isn't just a personal favouritism issue, killing this one character makes zero sense given what we know about Phase 4.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 1:05pm
^ We get Game of Thrones simulcast with the US, which means 2AM our time, so it's right there waiting first thing Monday morning. Just have to remember to avoid the PC before then. 
GG2U

DippoMagoo View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Power & Neo, Goth & Symph, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DippoMagoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 1:01pm
Yeah, spoilers for that kind of thing are ridiculous. It didn't effect me, because I have no plans on watching the Avengers movies, but I had a couple deaths for Infinity War spoiled right around when it came out, just from watching some game stream.

That's why, even though I didn't have HBO for a while and don't really use it much, I made sure to get it at least through April and May, and I'll watch each episode of Game of Thrones right when they air, because I find if I wait even an hour or two to watch that show, there's a very high chance of getting it spoiled, which would really piss me off, at this stage in the series. (Speaking of which, since I think the UK probably gets the episodes a bit later, you'll want to be extra careful with the upcoming episode, since it's the big battle, and you wouldn't wanna have that spoiled, obviously.)

Edited by DippoMagoo - 26 Apr 2019 at 1:03pm
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 12:17pm
Some fucking arsehole just posted what happens in Avengers Endgame on Facebook in a completely unrelated place (on a post about the game Rage 2) and in image format with giant glaring letters about who dies. Haven't even seen Captain Marvel yet. I didn't think I would avoid spoilers until the movie is out on DVD, but fucking release day? Someone should reserve a special circle of hell for this prick. Unless it's fake, but in which case why bother? And if true I also just felt my anticipation for the movie drop a couple of notches.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2019 at 4:15pm
So Star Wars Episode IX is called The Rise of Skywalker. 

The title sounds really dumb to me. 
GG2U

666sharon666 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black, HM/HR/Glam Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 666sharon666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 5:02am
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Looks like Disney has done a 180 and re-hired James Gunn to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3. 

Pity they didn't do that before the movie had to be pushed back for who knows how long - he's got commitments to the DCEU now. 
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 1:46am
Looks like Disney has done a 180 and re-hired James Gunn to direct Guardians of the Galaxy 3. 
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 4:09pm
So apparently Arrow is going to end after a much shorter than normal final season. This certainly seems to add weight to the rumour that Oliver won't survive the next crossover event (which if going true to the comics, neither Barry (The Flash) or Kara (Supergirl) should survive).
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:57am
Not unexpectedly, Netflix has now announced the cancellation of The Punisher following it's second season (which I haven't found time to start yet) and Jessica Jones as well before season 3 has even been released. 

What a sad state of affairs for a largely promising MCU sub-division. There have been hints dropped that these characters may continue on Disney's new service but since Disney says they won't release anything remotely mature on that, you just know that if they do they're going to water them down considerably. 

In other news though Netflix seemed to be renaming The Haunting of Hill House to just The Haunting and will release a second season based on something else entirely, like they're trying to make it their answer to American Horror Story. Should be good, however, if they can make something as high quality as Hill House again.
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 12:56am
Finally the first three seasons of The Expanse are on Amazon UK.

But they still seemed to have managed to find a way to shaft us since we don't seem to have the 4K version that Amazon US has. Angry
GG2U

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 12:42am
The Expanse is finally coming to Amazon Prime UK on February 8th, according to information released yesterday! Party
GG2U

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Bloody furious right now: I managed to finally pick up what I thought was a copy of Hitchcock's Psycho this morning (after bloody years of searching and never finding one) and just stuck it on a few minutes ago only to find that to my surprise it wasn't the original film in the box, but the 1998 remake (which I've heard is rubbish). Really fuming as the disc in the box has the name printed on it in the exact same font as the DVD cover, so unless you read the small print on the actual disc (and hands up who does that in second hand shops?) there's zero way of telling it isn't the right version for the case until you try to play it. Angry

I once got a Cradle of Filth CD inside an Emperor CD case from a second hand store. That was most annoying too.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:15pm
The Punisher season 2 drops on Netflix next week. I'm presuming now that it'll be cancelled immediately after that, given the trend set by Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Daredevil. 
GG2U

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic