MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2023 at 11:38pm
I wish I could have seen this on this tour. It's not been since I guess 2011 since I saw them last. It never seems to work out right when they play London for me since. They're there next Friday and Saturday. :(
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 2:15am
Some drunk bloke after the gig was asking me and my lad where he could go in Manchester to drink some more and listen to metal music. My son gave him some suggestions. He was up from London as he couldn’t get tickets there. He’d had to get the champagne experience (whatever that was) and book a room at a hotel. With train costs and everything else it would have cost him a pretty penny, especially if we hadn’t stopped him booking an Uber to Satan’s Hollow metal club Manchester from his home near Selhurst Park in south London 😂
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2023 at 3:03am
Originally posted by Bosh66 Bosh66 wrote:

Some drunk bloke after the gig was asking me and my lad where he could go in Manchester to drink some more and listen to metal music. My son gave him some suggestions. He was up from London as he couldn’t get tickets there. He’d had to get the champagne experience (whatever that was) and book a room at a hotel. With train costs and everything else it would have cost him a pretty penny, especially if we hadn’t stopped him booking an Uber to Satan’s Hollow metal club Manchester from his home near Selhurst Park in south London 😂

Sounds like my kind of party mentality. If you don´t do it 100%...no need to do it at all Cool.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:54am
Major drama the day before yesterday as lightning struck my neighbours house, and our TV and my internet router got destroyed. So I´ve just installed an emergency router which I got from my internet provider, but damn that was a bit of a shock. The rubber on the wire for the router was all black and burnt, but thankfully there was no fire. My neighbours had electrical explotions with some of their sockets being blown out of the wall Shocked...yeah that was a close one. The bang and the blitz came simoultaniously.

Thankfully no one was hurt Thumbs Up
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 7:29am
That’s real scary shit. Glad everyone is okay.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 7:39am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Major drama the day before yesterday as lightning struck my neighbours house, and our TV and my internet router got destroyed. So I´ve just installed an emergency router which I got from my internet provider, but damn that was a bit of a shock. The rubber on the wire for the router was all black and burnt, but thankfully there was no fire. My neighbours had electrical explotions with some of their sockets being blown out of the wall Shocked...yeah that was a close one. The bang and the blitz came simoultaniously.

Thankfully no one was hurt Thumbs Up

Holy crap! Shocked
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 3:06am
Brrr...thunder and lightning again today. I must admit that I´ve gotten a bit nervous about thunder and lightning after what happened on monday.  Never used to be as long as I was inside, but now that I´ve ssen the great powers unleashed up close, it´s actually pretty scary shit...Wacko
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 3:29am
Ahhh I feel like shit today. Yesterday was the first game of the new season and my team Lyngby BK played at home against last season´s Danish champions FCK (with an attendance of 10.000 people). Lyngby BKs yearly budget is around 2,5-3 million Euro and FCK´s yearly budget is 40 million Euro, so there´s a big difference between the clubs. We nearly had them this time, but ended up losing the game 1-2...oh well but that´s how it is...the problem is I got so drunk that I fell on my way home and landed in a bush with thorns, so I have hundreds of small lacerations all over my legs, arms, and hands. I don´t even remember how I fell, I was just suddenly on the ground in the bush Wacko...it´s safe to say my wife wasn´t too impressed, when she picked me up in the car, and I was dripping blood, and wasn´t able to give her a coherent explanation to what had happened...

....note to self...gotta drink less Embarrassed.

Edited by UMUR - 23 Jul 2023 at 3:30am
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2023 at 12:18pm

Ahhh I feel like shit today. Yesterday was the first game of the new season and my team Lyngby BK played at home against last season´s Danish champions FCK (with an attendance of 10.000 people). Lyngby BKs yearly budget is around 2,5-3 million Euro and FCK´s yearly budget is 40 million Euro, so there´s a big difference between the clubs. We nearly had them this time, but ended up losing the game 1-2...oh well but that´s how it is...the problem is I got so drunk that I fell on my way home and landed in a bush with thorns, so I have hundreds of small lacerations all over my legs, arms, and hands. I don´t even remember how I fell, I was just suddenly on the ground in the bush Wacko...it´s safe to say my wife wasn´t too impressed, when she picked me up in the car, and I was dripping blood, and wasn´t able to give her a coherent explanation to what had happened...

....note to self...gotta drink less Embarrassed.

Sorry for your misfortune there Jonas, but that's fucking funny!LOL
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2023 at 12:44am
^Yeah in retrospect it is quite funny, that I´m such an idiot...but I live by the code that nothing is worth doing unless you do it 100%...and that includes drinking LOL
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 2:54pm
4 pints is about my limit these days. Too many bad hangovers in the past to go down that road again. Dead
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2023 at 3:56pm
Fuck, I had two pints and a tequila sunrise the other night, and that knocked me out!
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2023 at 1:01pm
My computer's finally fixed. It's good to be back!Cool
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 2:32am
I went to a Copenhagen extreme metal bar called Left Hand Path yesterday for the release party of Panzerchrist´s new album "Last of a Kind". As it turned out the rain was pouring down all evening, so me and my buddy ended up spending most of the evening drinking beers at my house, watching premier league football, but when the rain stopped, we went to Copenhagen. At that point the release party was over, but it was still nice to have a few beers at a metal bar where only extreme forms of metal are played:

https://lefthandpath.dk/

PANZERCHRIST - Last of a Kind cover

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/album/panzerchrist/last-of-a-kind

Edited by UMUR - 13 Aug 2023 at 2:33am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 1:23pm
Just came home from a long day on an away game trip to see my football team play. Our supporters (including me) rode on a bus from Lyngby to Aarhus (just under 200 km), watched the game (and lost :-(), and then rode the bus home again (200 kms)....but, but, but...Carlsberg sponsered free beer and cider on the whole trip, so it wasn´t alll bad, although I´m badly hungover right now.
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2023 at 4:57pm

Just came home from a long day on an away game trip to see my football team play. Our supporters (including me) rode on a bus from Lyngby to Aarhus (just under 200 km), watched the game (and lost :-(), and then rode the bus home again (200 kms)....but, but, but...Carlsberg sponsered free beer and cider on the whole trip, so it wasn´t alll bad, although I´m badly hungover right now.

When I was a student 30+ years ago, I worked at an agricultural research centre one summer. A couple of guys from Carlsberg were busy growing barley there (they got two summers by splitting the research between Northern and Southern hemispheres!) and I got a bit of Carlsberg merch off them, as well as a decent sampling of the final product.Cool I can sympathise with the hangover.Beer
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 8:57am
Looking forward to seeing Obituary tonight in Newcastle. First time I'll have seen them live. 
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 9:31am
^Yeah and after some drama last night: https://blabbermouth.net/news/car-crashes-into-obituarys-tour-bus-in-glasgow-but-the-show-must-go-on

I´ve seen Obituary a few times by now, and they are always solid.
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 10:50am
Wow, lucky escape.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2023 at 11:05am
Yeah their merch guy sounds like he just made it out in time Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 322323324325326 328>
  Share Topic