MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 5:29pm
Mories de Jong has posted a link to my reviews of all three Cloak of Altering albums on the band's fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/cloakofaltering 
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 9:42pm
^Sweeet. Is the band in the same area, or were your reviews just that good?
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 7:05am
Neither ^^ Mories is a dutch multinstrumentalist and an important figure in experimental black metal underground. It's still a very small underground, though, and his music is, to put it mildly, quite abrasive. So you know, not enough reviews to be picky... 
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 2:33pm
By the way, is that Ginko from Mushihi in your avi, Tony?
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2014 at 10:32pm
For anyone that likes rap/hip-hop, De La Soul are giving away digital downloads of most of their discography for Valentines Day. http://www.wearedelasoul.com/
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2014 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by bartosso bartosso wrote:

By the way, is that Ginko from Mushihi in your avi, Tony?
It is indeed. I'm pretty excited for the new series.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 4:45pm
Hey mma, long time no see eh? 
Guess ive just kinda drifted away from here for no real reason. busy with school and shit i guess. 

Anyway,  To all the Scandinavian guys here, im coming over to your side of the pond come june. 
My girlfriend is living in Copenhagen (and is danish) so im going to be flying over there to see her. 
Should be there between the start of june and the start of september, but we'll probably be travelling around europe for much of that. SO, is there anything that I for sure shouldnt miss while im there? Already planning on going to the Roskilde festival and christiania (obviously). Any other awesome summer festivals?

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 11:43pm
^Copenhell 2014: http://copenhell.dk/

...which in fact is placed in walking distance from Christiania Big smile

Edited by UMUR - 19 Feb 2014 at 11:45pm
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

...which in fact is placed in walking distance from Christiania Big smile

PUUUURRRFEECT  
Cool

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 11:44pm
^Let me know if you decide to attend, and we´ll have a beer Thumbs Up
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 11:07am
If anyone's interested, I started a blog.  My first post doesn't have much to do with music, but my next one will.  http://looksbadfeelsgood.wordpress.com/
vmoore View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vmoore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2014 at 1:19am
don't  get me wrong. i love physical music stores and ones that sell vinyl, but what is the point of thm charging like $30 and up for vinyl when for the most part you can get most, not all but most new released and new vinyls for cheaper on sites like amazon

Edited by vmoore - 28 Mar 2014 at 1:21am
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 12:12am
bupm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 4:15am
Oh yeah it´s been a while since this thread was alive. Anyone doing anything interesting they´d like to share :-).

Personally I´m attending the Copenhell 2014 festival next week and I´m pretty excited about it. A friend and I bought gallons of beer last weekend and stuffed his car with them, so we won´t have to suffer from thirst while we are at the festival (and those festival priced beers can ruin you).

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 5:35am
^...so I´m off to Copenhell now...so long suckerrrrss Clown
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 10:14am
Have a great time!!! Beer
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2014 at 5:26am
Just got home. Great three days of beer, beer and more beer...and some music too :-)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 6:48am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Just got home. Great three days of beer, beer and more beer...and some music too :-)
...and I´m still hungover and my thoughts won´t allow me to do anything intelligent.

Some great shows I saw on the festival includes: My Dying Bride, Obituary, Sepultura (surprisingly good), Dawn of Demise, Clutch, Graveyard, DAD, Twisted Sister, Behemoth, Iron Maiden, Monster Magnet...among others.

The only band I couldn´t stomach was Within Temptation. Two tracks into the show and I was sure I was part of the audience at the Eurovision contest (which was actually held at the exact same location as Copenhell). Hmmm well Suicide Silence were pretty horrible too...
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 7:46am
uhhh, your words about Within Temptation gonna hurt Adam's feelings for sure LOL I, on the other hand, am only two weeks away from my surgery, keep your fingers crossed guys! I'm starting new life after that, I defend my thesis and hopefully... I get the fuck out of Poland xD Hurray
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 8:15am
Yeah I might LOL, but to each his own I say...
...and good luck with the operation. You´ve been suffering for far too long.

Edited by UMUR - 15 Jun 2014 at 8:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 328>
  Share Topic