MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 328>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 8:26am
Today was supposed to be the last day of school and the day the world ends, but fortunately it is neither and yet another snow day, so the winter break gets to start early
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:23am
Mayans said that the end of the world would happen in December. Decembrians said that it would happen in May. Both wrong.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 4:05pm
...it is 5:04 PM. Food is running scarce, but I'm still alive.
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 6:18pm
I think that we'll see a lot of disappointed doomsday preppers tomorrow.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 7:21pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/nra-press-conference_n_2346382.html

The NRA is convinced that the solution to mass school shootings is to have armed officers in every fucking school in the country... disgraceful. Shit like this is why Obama's re-election was so important - we can't have a president that caters to this organization's stupidity.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

The NRA is convinced that the solution to mass school shootings is to have armed officers in every fucking school in the country... disgraceful. Shit like this is why Obama's re-election was so important - we can't have a president that caters to this organization's stupidity.

http://i.imgur.com/ieKu4.jpg

yes the NRA are fucking morons, yes Romney would have been way worse than Obama would be. but the lesser of two evils is still evil, and the enemy of my enemy is not my friend
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/ieKu4.jpg

yes the NRA are fucking morons, yes Romney would have been way worse than Obama would be. but the lesser of two evils is still evil, and the enemy of my enemy is not my friend

I agree. Obama is a mediocre president at best IMO, and I think this picture only scratches the surface of his failures. I still think it was absolutely critical for him to win, though. He is the substantially lesser of two evils as far as I'm concerned.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:46pm
"Lesser evil" is a shitty concept, and it only goes to show that we can't do any better than any evil.
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 11:52pm
In Canada, we get minority governments with the winning party having less than 50% of the seats (ridings).  When this happens, for better or worse, shit can take forever. LOL
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 1:18am
The fact that you have to be born in the USA to become president pretty much rules out any qualified potential leaders these days THERE I SAID IT
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 1:29am
< id="bpm-invert">
Originally posted by Triceratopsoil Triceratopsoil wrote:

The fact that you have to be born in the USA to become president pretty much rules out any qualified potential leaders these days THERE I SAID IT

Bravery level: so
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

"Lesser evil" is a shitty concept, and it only goes to show that we can't do any better than any evil.

I think what you said is implied. 

To me, how politics is set-up, it almost seems like there is no "good" option.

"Lesser evil" is just reality when you're dealing with situations like these.

I don't think there's been a president who hasn't had anything shady happen under his presidency.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Xaxaar Xaxaar wrote:

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I think what you said is implied. 

To me, how politics is set-up, it almost seems like there is no "good" option.

"Lesser evil" is just reality when you're dealing with situations like these.

I don't think there's been a president who hasn't had anything shady happen under his presidency.

I agree. The concept of a lesser evil is simply reality, and I will always encourage people to vote for what they perceive as the lesser of two evils.

I would also like to point out that abstaining from voting until a candidate that agrees with every position of yours decides to run is always a bad idea. You might as well not vote until *you* run for office. Voting should be based on which candidate agrees most with your political positions that you prioritize most highly. I would like to see a system that allowed for truly honest and down-to-earth people stand a chance at becoming our leaders, but until that happens, I will voice my support for what I perceive to be the lesser evil.
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:12am
http://rateyourmusic.com/board_message?message_id=4454229&board_id=1&show=20&start=0

it's shit like this that makes me lose faith in humanity. both the despicable crime that cunt did, and alot of the shit that people posted there, defending the guy, attacking women with small breasts, blaming it on death metal lyrics (?!?), etc
(note from page 4 onward, is when the thread starts to get really ugly).

Edited by IMPF2112 - 23 Dec 2012 at 9:13am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

it's shit like this that makes me lose faith in humanity.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that on the internet, I'd be a naked man.
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 11:37am
Faith = belief without evidence.

You never should've had any of it in the first place. Tongue
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 12:36pm
"If she had a rack the size of St Paul's cathedral this would still be true, although obviously it was probably interfere with her shelf-stacking."

I lol'd
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 5:31pm
I highly doubt I'll be on my computer from now until Christmas, so Happy Holidays to all.  Smile
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

I highly doubt I'll be on my computer from now until Christmas, so Happy Holidays to all.  Smile

You too, Dan - have a great holiday! Thumbs Up
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012 at 11:40am
Someone's Imperator Class Titan made out of ginger bread.

Edited by Wilytank - 24 Dec 2012 at 11:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 228229230231232 328>
  Share Topic