MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 327>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by DefinitionOfHatred DefinitionOfHatred wrote:

Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Scandinavia FTW!

I'm proud to see that the rating for Portugal is higher than the rating for the US...

It's just because Portugal is a smaller country and they're more clustered.  According to EM, Portugal only has 997 metal bands compared to the U.S.'s 17,483 metal bands.  And actually, the only really notable Portuguese band I can think of is Moonspell.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:37pm
new avatar
IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

Originally posted by DefinitionOfHatred DefinitionOfHatred wrote:

Originally posted by IMPF2112 IMPF2112 wrote:

Scandinavia FTW!

I'm proud to see that the rating for Portugal is higher than the rating for the US...

It's just because Portugal is a smaller country and they're more clustered.  According to EM, Portugal only has 997 metal bands compared to the U.S.'s 17,483 metal bands.  And actually, the only really notable Portuguese band I can think of is Moonspell.

Doesn't matter because Canada beats them all Evil Smile
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:03am
Purging my collection again today.  Getting rid of:

The Wake of Magellan by Savatage.  I don't hate this one, but I don't listen to it anymore and doubt I'll start again soon.

Lunar Strain by In Flames.  This one is kinda boring.  Throwing up an mp3 before it goes though.

WFO by Overkill.  Also pretty boring.

Grace Under Pressure by Rush.  Even more boring.  I was hoping this would be good, not some inane disco rock.  "Kid Gloves" is the worst of the worst on this one.

Scenes From a Memory and Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence by Dream Theater.  I'm drifting away from this band now since I'm perceiving a lot of their lyrics as angst ridden and there are a lot more slow ballads than I really want.
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:12pm
I agree that 6 Degrees and Scenes from a Memory are pretty bad, even by Dream Theater's standards
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:23pm
I so nearly got trolled in to reply to those LOL
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 6:00am
It's basic logic to me.  I'm most likely not going to give them anymore listens and all they do is take up space on my shelf that could be used for albums ten times as worthy.
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:28pm
What the hell is Gracenote and why did it screw up my entire Spotify library?
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

Last year I went into the ER because of severe pain in my lower right abdomen and they found nothing in the blood work or CT scan. :\

Luckily there was a Psych marathon the next day.

It's really frustrating when they do all of those tests and still can't find anything wrong.  You'd expect that an emergency room staff would have every answer to every medical ailment ever, but sadly that's not the case.

It feels nice wasting $1500 just to get an "i dunno lol".
ill hold in the burning urge to brag about not ever having hospital feesCool

Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by SKwid SKwid wrote:

Originally posted by Diogenes Diogenes wrote:

Last year I went into the ER because of severe pain in my lower right abdomen and they found nothing in the blood work or CT scan. :\

Luckily there was a Psych marathon the next day.

It's really frustrating when they do all of those tests and still can't find anything wrong.  You'd expect that an emergency room staff would have every answer to every medical ailment ever, but sadly that's not the case.

It feels nice wasting $1500 just to get an "i dunno lol".
ill hold in the burning urge to brag about not ever having hospital feesCool

Doesn't matter to me, it's all on my parents' insurance anyways. LOL
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 7:07am
It does matter to me since I haven't got insurance. Ouch
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 8:24am
Well don�t let my red heart get started on the unfair way you Americans have chosen to manage your health (and education) systemErmm. Equal opportunities for all. Pretty far from the truth if you live in the real world now ain�t it? Unhappy
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:00am
I've laughed at the idea of equality in a society.  I know people will want to help people, but if I don't fucking want to, who's going to make me help them?

An analogy I've heard: the people getting the free stuff do not like the people who are paying for the free stuff because the people who are paying for the free stuff don't like paying for the free stuff.  Then, a politician comes along and says that the people who don't like paying for the free stuff are all racist and greedy.  And the unfortunate thing is that the people getting the free stuff are outnumbering the people paying for the free stuff.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 9:10am
So because our friend above don�t have a health insurance (might not be able to afford it) we should let him die in the streets? I�m having a hard time understanding a worldview like that. You know, some people just don�t get lucky in life and end up poor and helpless (not that I assume that�s the case with A PersonSmile). Not everyone who are poor or ill are slackers who wouldn�t contribute to society if they could. Those kind of people exist. I�m not blue eyed. But why not distribute the goods to a larger part of the population instead of having a filthy rich percentage of the population who owns and controls just about everything. Is that really fair? and even more important, does it make a society healthy and well working?

Equal opportunities and a better distribution of the goods also means less crime. You know! There�s not a single place in Denmark I wouldn�t dare to go after dark. There are places a little less safe than others, but by an large everyone can move freely without the fear of being mugged or violated and I think there�s a connection between that and the fact that all citizins have equal opportunities and no one is truly poor. We have free health care (including whichever operation you can think of as long as it�s not cosmetic for the sake of it), free school/Universities, free libraries and free roads (excluding two toll roads/bridges).

Edited by UMUR - 08 May 2012 at 9:22am
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

So because our friend above don�t have a health insurance (might not be able to afford it) we should let him die in the streets? I�m having a hard time understanding a worldview like that.

Did I say that?  No I did not.  Generosity should be a choice, not an obligation.  One more story: two guys named Bob and Steve walk down the sidewalk and see a homeless man.  Bob takes some change out of his pocket and gives it to the homeless man, which is perfectly fine.  The moral question is does Bob have the right to take a gun out of his other pocket, point it at Steve, and demand that he also give the homeless man money?
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 1:56pm
Well I wouldn�t point a gun at your head but ask for solidarityYing YangHandshake. Does it really sound that awful with free health care and education for all?

The thing about the more wealthy part of the population making donations to the not so wealthy part of the population on a voluntary basis (which I understand is tradition in the US), is that no matter how you put it the latter group will always be beneath the former (and in some cases depending on them) and both groups will act like it (Master and Servant). It�s old fashioned class divided society like it was in Europe up until the 1960s and to tell you the truth I really thought we had come farther than that.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:17pm
It should also be noted that Denmark is a much smaller and more manageable country than the United States.  We've got a lot of different mixtures of regions, cultures, and co-cultures.  Pure consensus on anything is impossible.
SKwid View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKwid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

It should also be noted that Denmark is a much smaller and more manageable country than the United States.  We've got a lot of different mixtures of regions, cultures, and co-cultures.  Pure consensus on anything is impossible.
 i would like to point out that canada is a much larger country than the US(and has the same if not, greater level of diversity than the US), and universal education and heathcare is working amazingly well up here.
I agree that pure consensus is impossible, but i think that there is only a very small percentage of people here that dont support the healthcare and educatuion system we have here.

the lack of universal health care in the USA scares me away fom considering living there in the future, regardless of my financial situation.

Edited by SKwid - 08 May 2012 at 3:38pm

IMPF2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IMPF2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 5:15pm

Edited by IMPF2112 - 13 Feb 2019 at 6:33pm
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 6:54pm
I'm pretty sure my landlord is bipolar

wonder if it's too late to move into the nice old lady's basement instead Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177178 327>
  Share Topic