MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 327>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2
    Posted: 14 Mar 2024 at 3:40pm
So last night travelled across the Pennines to Leeds to see a Judas Priest / Saxon / Uriah Heep line-up. Bands I've seen before but not recently. Despite all three recently releasing really strong records, I was a little dubious gven all three artists are based around characters well into their 70s. Well the headbanging and stage acrobatics had been scaled back, but all three bands were superb, instrumentally and vocally. What a cracking night Thumbs Up
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 3:11pm
The new single by Kerry King is killer! Here it is if anyone's curious: 

Edited by Psydye - 06 Mar 2024 at 3:11pm
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 6:07am
^ Good that you have these gigs to go to in your area Jonas. Rare that we get any death metal bands coming anywhere near where I live. Last one was Obituary at Newcastle last September which is about 40 miles away. Awesome gig though.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2024 at 1:47am
I went to a gig last night and watched these two bands play:

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/chronicle/?ac=chronicle
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/artist/dysgnostic/?ac=dysg

It´s not often enough I go see Danish underground death metal acts play and this show cost only 100 Danish Kroner (around $14/15).

I liked Chronicle which was melodic death metal influenced by The Black Dahlia Murder (at least that´s how I heard it), but Dysgnostic was a bit too much for me with their almost clone Ulcerate dissonant technical death metal style. They were arguably a skilled band but that type of music soon becomes chaos on my ears in at live environment.

Still an overall good quality show, in a very small venue, giving both the guitarist and the bassist of Chronicle the opportunity to go out among the audience and play. The guitarist even went to the bar at the back of the room and played from there for a few seconds. Nice little touch.

Edited by UMUR - 17 Feb 2024 at 1:47am
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2024 at 1:40am
Viruses are a bitch because there´s no cure or relief, but as you say at least you know that it´s just time and agony until it´s over. It´s nothing more serious than that.
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 11:28am
^Glad to hear, hope you see some improvements! Just found out my sickness is the flu so I basically just have to let it run its course. At least now I know what the heck is going on lol.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 1:37pm
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get better soon.

I´ve been suffering from a cough (irritation when I lay down the coughing starts) for at least a month now, which is killing me because I have asthma, so I know how horrible it is to have a cough (I´m pretty sure it´s a common virus which has been around in Denmark for the last couple of months). My general healt has been in decline for a couple of years now and I´m going through all sorts of scans and hospital visits to determine what is wrong. They haven´t found out anything yet (....well other than I don´t have cancer in my brain or in my spine). I´ve had both a CT and an MR scan, and thirsday next week I´m getting a PET scan...so at least they are thourough Big smile

Edited by UMUR - 25 Jan 2024 at 1:38pm
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2024 at 7:35am
Ugh think I have bronchitis or something! Coughing is kicking my assDead...gonna go to urgent care soon and see what they can do!
Nightfly View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, D/S/D, T/S/G Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2024 at 6:40am
^^ Excellent run of gigs there Jonas. Thumbs Up
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 5:01pm
^Very nice!Thumbs Up
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 1:36pm
Just purchased tickets to this show:

https://pumpehuset.dk/koncerter/cynic-obscura/

Cynic
Obscura
Cryptosis

....not a bad lineup.

The same week just a few days before I´ll go see:

https://pumpehuset.dk/koncerter/cattle-decapitation/

Cattle Decapitation
Signs of The Swarm
200 Stab Wounds
Vomit Forth

But before those two shows happen I´m going to see:

https://pumpehuset.dk/koncerter/suffocation-2/

Suffocation
Sanguisugabogg
Enterprise Earth
Organectomy

So the next couple of months are lined up pretty well, but who knows...I may find something in between.

Edited by UMUR - 20 Jan 2024 at 1:37pm
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 1:32pm
I try not to hate on artists and their releases, but there are of course some I don´t appreciate. I don´t think I hate just to hate or because someone else hates something. But then again I´m old...and I was probably worse when I was younger (and thought I was wiser LOL).
Psydye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psydye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2024 at 8:56am
I was just thinking...I have to wonder how many metal heads hate on something because they legitimately don't like it vs. how many hate on something because everyone else does too(a.k.a. "herd mentality") and don't know how to fucking think for themselves. Now, to be fair, I've been guilty of the latter myself...but I also grew the fuck up! Just hoping more people are like the former and not the latter.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 1:20am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I´m contemplating going to this show on Saturday: https://pumpehuset.dk/koncerter/extremely-rotten-death-metal-vol-20/

But I haven´t decided yet and there are still tickets for sale, so I´m probably not in a hurry.

So I ended up going to the show yesterday. 100% old school death metal fest. I didn´t see the first band, but Malformed were good, and both Gorephilia and Undergang were really great.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 9:31am
My COVID-19 contamination came from being on board an away game fan bus to see my local football team play. It was one hell of a drunken ride and game, but half the bus caught the virus, so it was probably one of the most contagious variations. It was back on late 2021. I haven´t caught it since, which is a blessing since I already have issues with my lungs, and the COVID thing defnitely didn´t make things better.

...but yeah of course an Obituary show was worth the pain...duh Big smile
Bosh66 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Sludge, MC, HC, Post-Metal & Noise Rock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bosh66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2024 at 1:05am
^ never had it myself. About the only person I know personally who hasn't. Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure Obituary were worth the pain LOL
Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2024 at 8:13pm
And it looks like I've got a hangover from Obituary. I was feeling a bit sick yesterday and then tested positive for COVID today. It's the first time I've had it too. On top of that, we're in the middle of a summer heatwave, so I'm hot as well as feeling like shit. Oh well, it could be worse.Smile

Vim Fuego View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Death, T/S/G, Grind, VA Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vim Fuego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

^Sounds great.

Looks like a very small venue with few people in the audience for the support acts, but maybe more showed up for Obituary?

Capacity of about 400. And it was jam packed for Obituary. The frontman for Psycroptic did a good job of getting people going though. From just standing around watching, there was a pretty good moshpit going by the end of their set. I jumped into it a few seconds after I took the video.Wink
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 2:45am
I´m contemplating going to this show on Saturday: https://pumpehuset.dk/koncerter/extremely-rotten-death-metal-vol-20/

But I haven´t decided yet and there are still tickets for sale, so I´m probably not in a hurry.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 2:44am
^Sounds great.

Looks like a very small venue with few people in the audience for the support acts, but maybe more showed up for Obituary?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 327>
  Share Topic