Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your recent Metal purchases

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 92>
Author
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 5:19pm
Allright then a sales gimmickSmile. Sounds like an interesting release. How does it sound?
Murphy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2011 at 6:50pm
The gimmicks worked! It was released in late August and all 95 copies are gone (tho' I brought mine from Aquarius Records, and I think they still have some in stock).

Overall the sound is what you'd called noise/drone (with a touch of drone doom reminiscent of Black Boned Angel in the middle), the first side being heavy on the former. I tend to separate my drone and noise listening, and while this is not 'metal' per see its framework and ascetics revolved around what I feel are metal ideologies (similar to what Aderlating is). On the surface it feels quite static, a crushing, rumbling of feedback played through a broken amps, but for some reason is peculiarly engaging in visceral manner.   Anyway this is what Aquarius had to say about them, in a far more eloquent manner than myself:

"A while back we discovered this Dutch dirge / drone outfit thanks to our pals in Teeth Engraved With The Names Of The Dead, and you know when a band like that is raving about something being dark and heavy and bleak and AWESOME, then you best listen, and we did, and we went a little crazy for TC, and were super excited to discover that TC had a new release coming out on one of our favorite labels, Auris Apothecary, who have FOUR different new releases on this week's list (Unholy Triforce, Sitar Outreach Ministry, (((o))) and this one!), and once again, they've pulled out all the stops packaging wise with all of them.
Torture Corpse's Ooru Naito Rongu comes packaged in either grey or green scouring pads held together with metal wire, wrapped in a printed transparent Japanese style obi, sealed with a black wax seal, and inside there are printed inserts. It's pretty dang striking, and the rough scouring pads are a hint at the rough and raw sounds that lurk inside, as this is a way noisier proposition than the other TC we reviewed, starting out with a weird bit of super distorted and totally garbled noise rock, which then transforms into a sort of blackened industrial dirge, before finally slipping into a more black and droney drift, but that drift is caustic and chaotic and noisy for sure, a thick corrosive black sonic smear. And so it goes, the sound a blown out, in the red, speaker melting series of jams, dirgey rhythmic krautrock one second, doomy creep the next, stumbling noise rock heaviness one second, and blissed out crumbling Sunroof! style ur-drone the next, everything here slathered in blacknoise, streaks of hiss and whir and shards of keening feedback, all except the nearly nine minute closer, which is a surprising bit of dreamy droney drift, complete with some strange haunting vocals just below the surface.
This definitely benefits from headphone listening, but either way, like the other Torture Corpse (and the other AA stuff), totally recommended."

Oh, and the album is up on Bandcamp if wish to have a stream. I'd suggest stick it out in its entirety as while it is divided into tracks there's an, almost, organic flow between the pieces, which I feel work like movements making up a larger whole http://aurisapothecary.bandcamp.com/album/aax-052-ooru-naito-rongu    
Guai ai gelidi mostri �Everything that is doddering, squint-eyed, infamous, sullying, and grotesque is contained for me in this single word: God� Andr� Breton
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 11:41am
Napalm Death - From Enslavement to Obliteration

Carcass - Wake Up and Smell The Carcass (the DVD)

I'll add this DVD to the site as I see it is missing. Smile
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2011 at 3:42pm
I'm posting this in both threads because it contains metal and non-metal purchases...

Got this today at the local record store for $54... unbelievable finds.

--Vinyl--
Tchaikovsky - Second Concerto in G
Mozart - The Flute Concerti
Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 2/Symphonic Dances/Vocalise No.14
Styx - Pieces of Eight
Schubert - The Symphonies of Franz Schubert (Box Set)
Rossini - Rossini Overtures
Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow
Renaissance - Novella
Yngwie Malmsteem - Rising Force
Steve Howe - The Steve Howe Album
Steve Hackett - Please Don't Touch (in better condition than yesterday's)
Dave Brubeck - Time Out
Kansas - Audio Visions
Styx - Kilroy Was Here
Kansas - Masque
Mike Rutherford - Smallcreep's Day
Genesis - Foxtrot
Gentle Giant - Live
Renaissance - Scheherazade and Other Stories
Rick Wakeman - The Six Wives of Henry VIII

--CD--
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Threshold - Dead Reckoning
Tori Amos - Under the Pink
Avantasia - Angel of Babylon
Amorphis - Tales from the Thousand Lakes
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2011 at 6:11pm
Picked up these at the record store near my grandparents' house:

On CD...

On DVD...

adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 9:31am
Had a little spending spree, except for the new Coronatus, these all cost �3.99 or less.

Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 2:56pm
Ooohhh....... good stuff those Helloween albums.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Murphy Murphy wrote:

The gimmicks worked! It was released in late August and all 95 copies are gone (tho' I brought mine from Aquarius Records, and I think they still have some in stock).

Overall the sound is what you'd called noise/drone (with a touch of drone doom reminiscent of Black Boned Angel in the middle), the first side being heavy on the former. I tend to separate my drone and noise listening, and while this is not 'metal' per see its framework and ascetics revolved around what I feel are metal ideologies (similar to what Aderlating is). On the surface it feels quite static, a crushing, rumbling of feedback played through a broken amps, but for some reason is peculiarly engaging in visceral manner.   Anyway this is what Aquarius had to say about them, in a far more eloquent manner than myself:

"A while back we discovered this Dutch dirge / drone outfit thanks to our pals in Teeth Engraved With The Names Of The Dead, and you know when a band like that is raving about something being dark and heavy and bleak and AWESOME, then you best listen, and we did, and we went a little crazy for TC, and were super excited to discover that TC had a new release coming out on one of our favorite labels, Auris Apothecary, who have FOUR different new releases on this week's list (Unholy Triforce, Sitar Outreach Ministry, (((o))) and this one!), and once again, they've pulled out all the stops packaging wise with all of them.
Torture Corpse's Ooru Naito Rongu comes packaged in either grey or green scouring pads held together with metal wire, wrapped in a printed transparent Japanese style obi, sealed with a black wax seal, and inside there are printed inserts. It's pretty dang striking, and the rough scouring pads are a hint at the rough and raw sounds that lurk inside, as this is a way noisier proposition than the other TC we reviewed, starting out with a weird bit of super distorted and totally garbled noise rock, which then transforms into a sort of blackened industrial dirge, before finally slipping into a more black and droney drift, but that drift is caustic and chaotic and noisy for sure, a thick corrosive black sonic smear. And so it goes, the sound a blown out, in the red, speaker melting series of jams, dirgey rhythmic krautrock one second, doomy creep the next, stumbling noise rock heaviness one second, and blissed out crumbling Sunroof! style ur-drone the next, everything here slathered in blacknoise, streaks of hiss and whir and shards of keening feedback, all except the nearly nine minute closer, which is a surprising bit of dreamy droney drift, complete with some strange haunting vocals just below the surface.
This definitely benefits from headphone listening, but either way, like the other Torture Corpse (and the other AA stuff), totally recommended."

Oh, and the album is up on Bandcamp if wish to have a stream. I'd suggest stick it out in its entirety as while it is divided into tracks there's an, almost, organic flow between the pieces, which I feel work like movements making up a larger whole http://aurisapothecary.bandcamp.com/album/aax-052-ooru-naito-rongu    

Sounds like a challenge I really have to be in the mood for.
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 4:37pm
Some stuff I got back on black friday:
Paragon of Dissonance by Esoteric (AWESOME!)
Spirit the Earth Aflame by Primordial
Deathcult Armageddon by Dimmu Borgir
Evangelion by Behemoth
Black Clouds and Silver Linings by Dream Theater
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 8:54am
Music of Light by symphonic power folk metal act Arven. 
GG2U

Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 1:50am
Iced Earth - Slave to the Dark (box)
* Iced Earth
* Night of the Stormrider
* Burnt Offerings (2cd)
* Days of Purgatory (2cd)
* The Dark Saga
* Enter the Realm of Gods (2cd)
* Something Wicked This Way Comes
* Alive in Athens (3cd)
* Horror Show
* Alive in Athens (dvd)
Jethro Tull - Aqualung (2cd)
Led Zeppelin - The Soundtrack from the Film The Song Remains the Same (2cd)
Rainbow - Difficult to Cure
Rainbow - Bent Out of Shape
Pharoah Sanders - Elevation
John Barry - 007 From Russia with Love
John Barry - 007 Moonraker
<- Click on this!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 4:00pm
Enslaved - Return to Yddrasill: Live In Bergen

Edited by Stooge - 17 Dec 2011 at 11:25am
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 11:27am
3 - The Ghost You Gave Me 

They might not be full-blown metal, but I'll mention it here since they're on Metal Blade.
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:45am

Found this in a charity shop of all places for �3. Always been aware of the band but never really checked them out before. Thought I'd give it a go for that price. Solid album.
GG2U

Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 6:21pm
Well, didn't buy, but my family opens one gift on Christmas Eve and I opened this:

(Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante vinyl)

Edited by Xaxaar - 24 Dec 2011 at 6:22pm
Wilytank View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilytank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2011 at 8:05pm
Since my parents are separated, we opened presents tonight.  CDs I got:

Marrow of the Spirit by Agalloch
Axe to Fall by Converge
Passion by Anaal Nathrakh
Alaska by Between the Buried and Me
Songs of Darkness, Words of Light by My Dying Bride
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 8:12am
Here are the metal-related presents I got from my parents for Christmas:

Edge of Sanity - Crimson I & II (on green double vinyl! Big smile)
Rainbow - Rising (CD)
Empty Tremor - Eros and Thanatos (CD)
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian (2-CD remaster with live DVD)
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 9:15am
I reckon the Edge of Sanity vinyl is quite the collector�s itemShocked
J-Man View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

I reckon the Edge of Sanity vinyl is quite the collector�s itemShocked

You're probably right about that Smile

It sounds absolutely killer too! HeadbangerFor some reason it's always much more fun to spin a vinyl record than listen to it on your iPod... and of course, I'm such an Edge of Sanity fanboy that I needed it on vinyl anyway. Tongue
Xaxaar View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaxaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 12:01pm
Oh, and Terria and Choirs of the Eye on CD.

Edited by Xaxaar - 29 Dec 2011 at 1:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 92>
  Share Topic