MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >Just for Fun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metal Up Your Ass and all that Jazz Room V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327328>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors and Omissions Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:53pm
My boss just gave me tickets for tonight's Red Wings game against the Phoenix Coyotes.  Yeah! ClapRawks
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 3:34pm

The title doesn't sound very relaxing to me, but I suppose if I were a brutal dictator it might be music to soothe my ears.

Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:28pm
And "You Suffer" isn't, but why?
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 2:19pm
And Fairport Convention more so.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2010 at 1:17pm
Kicking Clouds is very relaxing.
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 7:04pm
For Absent Friends is such a cute song

Edited by Balthamel - 27 Oct 2010 at 7:05pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:43pm

I can't believe how great it sounds.  I always loved the album, but wow.

Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

mmm.mmm.  Number of the Beast is just so awesome.  I can't believe that I haven't listened to it for over 3 years, at least. 

I think I'd went around 3 years between my last listens as well.  I listened to it a couple times a few months ago, but it had been at least 3 years (maybe even 4) since I last heard it.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 4:14pm
mmm.mmm.  Number of the Beast is just so awesome.  I can't believe that I haven't listened to it for over 3 years, at least. 
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 12:28pm
I guess it has to do with the players not being good enough. I've heard that they are incredibly bad at nurturing their footie talents in Denmark.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:50am
oh yeah Danish football is not in a good shape financially and hasn�t been for the last 10 years. Both Boldklubben Frem and Fremad Amager, that are both proud traditional clubs in Denmark have been relegated in recent years because of bankrupcies.
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2010 at 8:24am
My fingers always get totally blistered up when I play a round of bowling or two with the in-laws, so I have all sorts of banda-aid and sports tape on my fingers when I go bowling... so I almost look like a pro, but I play like a noob.

Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

( well the latter has been known to happen the times we�ve advanced from one league to a better one which has happened a lot in the last 10 years as the club went bankrupt in 2001 and Lyngby was relegated three leagues as punishment.)

I seem to remember that happening to a couple of clubs. I think that B1909 went through the same punishment.

Edited by Time Signature - 27 Oct 2010 at 8:27am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 2:47pm
Ice hockey for me anyday Hug Bowling, floorball, they're lots of fun to play as well, as is my newest love, disc golf. I love watching the american football and during the last WC I developed a liking for football as well, after ten or something years of not watching it at all. But it was fun to play at times back when all the childhood friends still lived in the same place. Basketball and beach volley were cool too.

My original hometown's ice hockey team lost today to my present hometown's team, meh. I'm still rooting for the guys I grew up watching, but even though I follow NHL more closely I've never really had a favourite team there. I'm happy if the Finnish guys do well.
<- Click on this!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 2:10pm
^LOLgood one Scott.

I�m strictly a football guy ( soccer). First of all I spend to much time following my team that I don�t have time for other sports and secondly it�s the only sport that ever really grabbed me. And don�t worry I�m not destructive and seldom drunk ( well the latter has been known to happen the times we�ve advanced from one league to a better one which has happened a lot in the last 10 years as the club went bankrupt in 2001 and Lyngby was relegated three leagues as punishment.)

Edited by UMUR - 26 Oct 2010 at 2:52pm
rushfan4 View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 1:48pm
Hehe.  After a few beers you are aiming for 20 pins instead of 10 pins.  So I guess that means that you get a strike if you knock half of the pins down. LOL
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 1:07pm
Bowling! That's something I'm pretty good at actually, though I've only played it while I was still in school. During the last high school years the school moved near to a bowling hall, so during free periods people could went to bowl and grab a beer there, and then back to class. Now that's relaxing studying! Never personally tried the beer part though, I saved such beverages for other times.

Edited by Vehemency - 26 Oct 2010 at 1:07pm
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Too bad. I love going to the games and meeting the boys ( it�s a great social hangout). Some people say it�s like going to church and while I�m by no means religious, I get the comparison.

I guess I'm just too asocial to appreciate that ;-) I don't get the following-one-team mentality; I don't judge people for doing that, but I just don't understand it, if you know what I mean. I did experiment with it when I lived in Manchester, but I ended up picking teams to follow for totally stupid and abstract reasons. I picked Manchester City, because I used to bicycle past their youth training fields on the way to the university, and I picked Arsenal because they played dirty (and everyone else in my house hated them, so I guess that choice was governed by my inner rebel). Anyway, I didn't learn anything from that experiment, but I tried it so you ain't got nuthin' on me ;-)

I do dislike, and judge, those football fans who are violent, drunk, threatening, destructive etc. Those guys are [%&*@]s. But I don't judge those who actually enjoy the game and have a team that they follow. I just don't understand it and I am not interested in it. That being said, I have seen some pretty impressive things - like some dribbling maneuvers (including an amazing move by a Dutch player [Dennis Somethingsomethingsomething], some shots at goal, some saves, some tactical details, some tackles etc. - which even I could see were pretty amazing, but that's never been enough to get me hooked on the game.

I don't like American football either. I find it too boring. I do get the rules and all that, but I still think it's friggin' boring.

I'm not anti-sport, though. I did ju-jitsu for three years as a kid, and later I practised capoeira for more than a decade. I also followed K1 for some time, but it just ended up being a sort of freak show with bulgy American steroid monsters sloppily pummeling each other, so I gave up on that.
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 11:36am
I would watch sports as long as I have enough distractions. LOL
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 11:03am
The only time my friends and I would watch poker is if Jennifer Tilly happened to be playing.  Do I need to say why?
Balthamel View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balthamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2010 at 10:59am
^ you would not see me play bowling, im pretty terrible (i can blame that my wrist is a litle twised and have a damage which i never botherd checked with the doctor after to many snowboard crashes (not dramatc), sometime you teke you for with your hands, (handwrist damages is commen in Snowboard)

I dont't d snowboard anymore, but while I did it i was not as bad , i did not do any tricks but I could actualy turn LOL side to side and jump a litle (but not on a  realy jump more like humping )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 324325326327328>
  Share Topic