Forum Description: Performance Reviews by Members
URL: http://www.MetalMusicArchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=878
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 12:27pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scorpions 2010 Ridgefield, WA
Posted By: Catcher10
Subject: Scorpions 2010 Ridgefield, WA
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 3:53pm
Well I am back from vacation, great trip just the wife and I!!! We saw two shows, Scorpions on Aug 7th and Rush Aug 9th in San Francisco.
This was my 6th Scorpions show, of course the most memorable will always be US Festival '83 in San Bernardino, CA. US Festival also seems to be a special day for the Scorpions as they continue to show footage and discuss this show as a highlight of their career.
Dokken opened for Scorpions.....I own only Breaking the Chains and am familiar with other songs Dokken did. For sure Don Dokken is old!!! His voice is so much better when he sings in the more mellow mode than when he tries to sing like Vince Neil. He looks and sounds like an old rusty Harley dude trying to sing screamo...it did not work...Don, stick to your mellow mode and its much better.

Scorpions came on about 9:30pm and played for almost 2 hours. The stage was decent, huge screen in background showing old concert clips, live shots...but the screen was like an old TV set...grainy, unless you are straight in front its difficult to see the image clearly.
Klaus, Rudolf and Matthias all looked great! Certainly not like back in the 80's when they used to run all over the stage...Rudolf pretty much walked back and forth, occasionally "jogged".....Klaus's voice sounded great, Matthias as usual hit all the lead guitar points very well. Pawel is a decent bass player, I prefer Francis Buchholz though...he was better. Although Pawel did throw my wife a few pics..!! James Kottak is a very good rock drummer, did justice to Herman Rarebell's playing.
The setlist is very good.....A lot of Loverdrive, Blackout and Love At First Sting material......I was soooo glad they are playing The Zoo live, such a great song. The new songs are excellent Sting In the Tail (opener) was awesome...one of the highlights was "The Best Is Yet to Come".........Klaus got the crowd into that one very well.
"Blackout" brought out Rudolf wearing a mask of the album cover and his smoking guitar, literally had smoke coming out the back...it was cool.
They finished with "No One Like You" and "Rock You Like A Hurricane"
If this is truely their Farewell Tour then I would have liked more older songs..."Speedys Coming", "Robot Man", "Steamrock Fever"...... would have been nice to hear those classics.

They put on a great show for sure...high energy (for their age) musically very accurate. I've been a Scorpions fan since Animal Magnetism and have all their albums up to Face the Heat and the last two...so I am missing a couple...Not seeing Klaus and the boys live anymore is pretty much a bummer for sure, so if you can go see this tour......Its one not to miss.
Here are some pics my wife took.....

-------------
US Festival '83 "Heavy Metal Sunday" Survivor....

Replies:
Posted By: rushfan4
Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 5:03pm

Sounds like it was a great show.  The one time that I saw the Scorpions, Dokken was on the bill too. 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Aug 2010 at 5:16pm
Ratt is opening for some of their shows.....would have prefered them any day over Dokken.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 10:33am
Ohh and BTW....I forgot to mention that Klaus was giving "fist bumps" to some in the crowd....I was fortunate to get a "fist bump" from Klaus Clap, my wife got a picture but it came out kinda dark Cry

-------------

Posted By: Stooge
Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Ohh and BTW....I forgot to mention that Klaus was giving "fist bumps" to some in the crowd....I was fortunate to get a "fist bump" from Klaus Clap, my wife got a picture but it came out kinda dark Cry

Back when I saw Ozzy in 2003, he was giving out "high fives" to the front row.  My brother got one, but by the time he approached me, he turned around. LOL

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Back when I saw Ozzy in 2003, he was giving out "high fives" to the front row.  My brother got one, but by the time he approached me, he turned around. LOL
Nice....

-------------

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 8:40am
Love Scorpions esp Blackout, Love at First Sting classics, and of course everything from World Wide Live! perhaps the greatest live album in metal history.

-------------
GLAM METAL!

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Love Scorpions esp Blackout, Love at First Sting classics, and of course everything from World Wide Live! perhaps the greatest live album in metal history.

Double vinyl World Wide Live.....inside the album cover is a wideshot pic of the Scorps on stage at US Festival '83....Heavy Metal Sunday.......I was there in that 350,000 sun-baked crowd.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk