Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pink Floyd
Posted By: Any Colour You Like
Subject: Pink Floyd
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:09pm
I know you Floyd fans are out there.

Favoutite album?
Favourite track?

For me, they were my first band, and remain a completely essential aspect of my life, regardless of passing interest or musical discoveries.

I'll also have you know that Roger Waters was screaming long before any metal musicians did.

Replies:
Posted By: Sleepwalker
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:16pm
The first band I really enjoyed and they still are my favorite band today. Might have something to do with the nostalgia though.

Favorite album: tough... either Animals or The Final Cut
Favorite track: Dogs I think

And yeah, Roger Waters did some great screaming back those days. Also, don't forget about Nick Mason's distorted words in One Of These Days. Big smile

Posted By: Negoba
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 4:29pm
I like Dark Side best, no shame.

Hey You is probably my favorite track. But Dogs is pretty great too. And Helpless, and Time, and.....

-------------
We're gonna do a little number featuring Randy Rhoads...

Wine is fine but whisky's quicker.

That's what Rock n' Roll's About!!!!

Posted By: The Pessimist
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 6:25pm
One of the greatest bands to exist, and I say that comfortably. Favourite tracks? Sheep, Great Gig and Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Favourite album is probably Animals, unbeatable and definitely the most focused of all of them.

Posted By: Harry
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 8:14pm
Of the "classic prog" band era, Pink Floyd are by miles, the best 

-------------

Posted By: J-Man
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:12pm
Favorite album is probably Wish You Were Here.

Favorite song is probably Comfortably Numb. Fantastic band! Clap

-------------
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime

Posted By: Pekka
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Favorite album is probably Wish You Were Here.

Favorite song is probably Comfortably Numb. Fantastic band! Clap

This, and it's the Pulse version on Numb that's the best track. That solo Heart

-------------
http://iamthreepeople.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow"> <- Click on this!

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:21am
Major  fan of one of the greatest band that existed  until they started bickering...

I love almost all their albums, all of them vastly different from what they'd done before. I mean these guys weresooooo inspired that they never repeated themselves, always reinventing themselves, while remaining typically Floyd

My fave song is Echoes
my fave album..... difficult to say, but if push comes to shove, Wish You Were Here might edge out the others.

-------------
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Posted By: Phonebook Eater
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:25am
My favorite albums: 
Wish You Were Here
Dark Side of The Moon
Atom Heart Mother
Animals 
Piper at the Gates Of Dawn
Not sure about my fav song, probably Echoes, or Crazy Diamond, or Dogs.Smile

Posted By: micky
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 5:11pm
album--   Saucerful of secrets

song?.... wow..  probably any number of the classic live versions of 'Set the Controls for the heart of the sun'.

Live at Pompeii... with the visuals...  that took that to a new dimension...

if there is any song better for killing off brain cells... I haven't heard it...

Posted By: idiotPrayer
Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:00am
fantastic band. i remeber how i got into them, at the time i was a metalhead, and then i spotted the dark side of moon sacd 30th anniverasy ed. for 0,85 euros at the local record shop, so i grabbed it and i've been hooked ever since.

can't choose a favourite album from animals, the wall, dark side etc. favourite tracks right now are: pigs, alans psychadelic breakfast, time, instellar overdrive (the 17 minute version), echoes, grantchester meadows, all of the wall. cant choose just one

-------------
"Good taste is the enemy of creativity"
-Pablo Picasso

Posted By: LittleBig
Date Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 10:39am
one of my favourite bands;

favourite albums? Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH, More and Animals. Also Ummagumma - the live album

favourite songs? Echoes, Embryo, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Fearless, Careful with that Axe Eugene (Ummagumma live version), Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun, Dogs, Sorrow etc.

Posted By: alberto mu�oz
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 10:46am
Great band, a major prog act for me,a major prog act.

all their albums.

Posted By: FusionKing
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2010 at 1:29pm
My favourite album is 'Animals'. My favourite song...now that's a bit harder, probably 'Pigs: Three Different Ones', followed closely by 'Echoes'. The best instrumental in my opinion is, ironically 'Any Colour You Like'.
As for eras, my favourite is the Roger Waters era, then Syd Barrett's and David Gilmour's is last. Least favourite album is Atom Heart Mother, least favourite song is again Atom Heart Mother. Favourite record cover, is obviously DSOTM, and I don't have a least favourite album cover.

Posted By: Sean Trane
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2010 at 3:54am
Originally posted by FusionKing FusionKing wrote:

My favourite album is 'Animals'. My favourite song...now that's a bit harder, probably 'Pigs: Three Different Ones', followed closely by 'Echoes'. The best instrumental in my opinion is, ironically 'Any Colour You Like'.
As for eras, my favourite is the Roger Waters era, then Syd Barrett's and David Gilmour's is last. Least favourite album is Atom Heart Mother, least favourite song is again Atom Heart Mother. Favourite record cover, is obviously DSOTM, and I don't have a least favourite album cover.
Oddy enough DSOTM is my fave album� (I know I said otherwise in my previous post), but my fave album cover is AnimalsWink.

I'm a little shocked by you not liking AHM (both track & album), especially given the atricious 80's (everything being relattive compated to other 70's giants) albums and even a relatively weak Division Bell.

-------------
my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicted musicians to crazy ones....

Posted By: DreamInSong
Date Posted: 31 Jul 2010 at 7:53pm
My favorite band.
Favorite Album: Probably Animals, tough choice though
Favorite Song: Not really sure, but I'll go with Comfortably Numb because it's the song that got me into them

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk