Print Page | Close Window

Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and Power Metal fans

Printed From: MetalMusicArchives.com
Category: Metal Music Lounges
Forum Name: Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
Forum Description: Discuss specific metal bands and their members or a specific sub-genre
URL: http://www.MetalMusicArchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=414
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 12:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and Power Metal fans
Posted By: 1967/ 1976
Subject: Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and Power Metal fans
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 12:16pm
Are you Traditional Metal, NWoBHM and/ or Power Metal fan?

Post here your post.

Don't hesitate!!!

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Nightfly
Date Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 2:48pm
Love all 3 of those genres. I'm going to give a big Thumbs Up for Vicious Rumors, a sadly underatted power metal band from the USA. In fact I just reviewed their eponymous third album for this site the other day, their best as it happens. I'll be getting round to reviewing more of theirs over the coming weeks.

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:01am
In my opinion Warlord is one of the more great bands in the world.
With Dio and Warlock/ Doro, Saxon and Priest  (and Purple's galaxy) is between my favorire

-------------

Posted By: Stephen
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 2:45am
i love that genres bro, though not a huge fan myself
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Helloween are a few of my faves :)

Date Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 3:53am
Helloween? Arghhh... Here is one of the many bands that I include in my list!

-------------

Posted By: MAVIIIVAM
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 4:29am
Jeez!
All 3 are good! But I'm very picky with all 3 . . .
This list is gonna' be updated every day! Tongue (Some are in the Prog Metal genre as well):

Trouble
Deep Purple
Rainbow
Dio (was a fan at the start but really only know his 1st 5 albums Disapprove)
Kingdom Come (1st)
Blue Murder (1st) Sykes is a freakin' Incredible Guitarist.
Black Sabbath (especially all of the post-Ozzy, but Ozzie is Ozzy Wink)
Ozzy Osborne (all of the Randy Rhodes albums and "Speak of the Devil" with
the underated "Brad Gillis" on Guitar!)
Iron Maiden
Queensryche
Warrior ("Fighting for the Earth" needs to be re-issued!)
Judas Priest
Helloween (I really only like the "Michael Kiske" era)
Vandenburg (1st)
Accept
Loudness (Before they signed a major contract with an Amercan Label)
Savatage
Budgie
Warlock
Saxon ("Power and the Glory" and "Crusader" are Classic!)
Scorpions (Finally just getting into the Uli Jon Roth era)
TNT
Y&T (The 1st 4 only)
Blind Guardian
Stone Fury (Singer Lenny Wolf for Kingdom Come 1st Band)
Bodine (Arjen Luccasen of Ayreon, Star One, Guilt Machine and Stream of Passion was
Lead Guitarist in this and one of many Metal Bands in the 80's)
Dokken (1st 3)
Whitesnake (All era's)
UFO (How could I foget, even the early post-Michael Schienker era is good!)
I need to get a CD copy of Vicious Rumours "Digital Dictator", I only have the LP.
Warlord (Mark Zonder of Fates Warning and current Band Slaviour, on Drums 1st major
Band! "Thunderchild" as he was known LOL) I only have this on LP too.

I'll add more soon Tongue I just know i'll slap my head when I see more of you guys list stuff,
but i'm too sleepy to remember my stash stored in boxes Cry.

-------------
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com

Posted By: Raff
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:17pm
Yes, I definitely amWink! I love many of the bands listed in the above post. I am actually much more of a fan of classic Hard Rock/Heavy Metal than of any of the more extreme variations. 

Posted By: alberto mu�oz
Date Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:45pm
What do you think about Saxon?, is a band that have a great guitars players, i love the mid pace riffs of Wheels of Steel, and the manic tempo of Fire in The Sky.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:45am
Saxon? Really a great band, for me. I've several CD, Lp and MC of this band.

Raff... Also some Extreme Metal albums are great. But Classic Metal is more coloured and with more feeling and emotions, for me (and not only for me). So I appreciate more Classic etal.

-------------

Posted By: Time Signature
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 3:53am
I must say, I love these three "genres" - after all, Iron Maiden is my fave band of all time

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 6:01am
Originally posted by alberto mu�oz alberto mu�oz wrote:

What do you think about Saxon?, is a band that have a great guitars players, i love the mid pace riffs of Wheels of Steel, and the manic tempo of Fire in The Sky.

Great band, and one of my first approaches to 'real' metal when the NWoBHM started. I saw them live in Rome in the mid-Eighties (can't remember the exact year now), and they put up a great show.

Posted By: FusionKing
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:16am
Listening to Judas Priest right now. Also love...
Ozzy Osbourne
Iron Maiden
Yngwie Malmsteen
Saxon
Whitesnake (Provided you guys don't class them as Glam...But I love Glam anyway so who cares!)
Scorpions
Witchfinder General
Def Leppard (On Through The Night is N.W.O.B.H.M. regardless of what they sound like later!)
Angel Witch
Motorhead
Dio
Iced Earth (Surely those guys are classed as Power Metal)
I'm also a Thrash and an A.O.R. fan.
Definition of A.O.R: Not hard enough to be hard rock, or glam enough to be glam or prog enough to be prog
but a little bit like all of them. Late 70's to early 80's appears to be its peak. Bands include...Boston, Journey, Asia, etc... Good for getting drunk and singing to.
Oh, and Raff, by any chance are you a U.F.O. fan?

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:30am
Re UFO: I am not extremely familiar with them, but what I know, I like a lot. I also love the early albums by the Michael Schenker Group, whom I believe has recently been added to the DB. Great stuff!

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 10:53am
Best U.F.O. albums to go for is 'Obsession' and 'No Place To Run' (been in love with those for 12 years now!) Close behind that are 'Lights Out' and 'Phenomenon'.

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:22am

I like a lot of the songs on "Crusader", which is part of my collection, - but I must admit that I'm not that familiar Saxon's other releases.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:26am
Saxon was big name in the early years of the NWOBHM, i remember reading in a magazine that they was the revelation in Reading 80.

Time Signature, you must hear Wheels of Steel, Saxon and Strong Arm of The Law and the firat live album, they are essential Saxon.

Posted By: J-Man
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 5:39pm
I'm a fan of all three. Thumbs Up

-------------
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime

Posted By: Harry
Date Posted: 14 Apr 2010 at 11:20pm
Ozzy Osbourne was a big favorite of mine back in 2004. When I got better at guitar I used to like kicking out Mr Crowley and Crazy Train. Randy Rhoads is a big influence on my guitar playing style.
First two Rising Force (Malmsteen) albums ruled. Some really tasty and melodic solos on those albums.
 Everything after that sounded basically the same, but Malmsteen will always be a big influence on my guitar playing with his fluid style and amazing vibrato.

First 2 Sabbath albums will always be the peak of classic metal in my books though

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 3:05am

Time Signature, you must hear Wheels of Steel, Saxon and Strong Arm of The Law and the firat live album, they are essential Saxon.

I'll check them out. Thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 8:45am
Some Trad Metal bands as Gotthard or Talisman (just to mame 2 band that I reviewed) are more close To AOR that to Heavy Metal. The problem, for me, is that these bands are Class Metal. But Class Metal is a genre of Heavy Metal, for you or it is only a branch of Trad Heavy metal?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 9:51am
Here's a great fine song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMeIjksgHNw - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMeIjksgHNw

Date Posted: 15 Apr 2010 at 10:01am
Great song. One of my favorite Saxon song, Alberto.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 2:14pm
...Motorcycle Man.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by 1967/ 1976 1967/ 1976 wrote:

Some Trad Metal bands as Gotthard or Talisman (just to mame 2 band that I reviewed) are more close To AOR that to Heavy Metal. The problem, for me, is that these bands are Class Metal. But Class Metal is a genre of Heavy Metal, for you or it is only a branch of Trad Heavy metal?

Class Metal? Never heard of it. What is it?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

It is the term often used in the Eighties to define what we now call Glam Metal, or even some instances of harder-edged AOR (like Bon Jovi). I remember Kerrang! made quite a large use of this term back in the day.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

It is the term often used in the Eighties to define what we now call Glam Metal, or even some instances of harder-edged AOR (like Bon Jovi). I remember Kerrang! made quite a large use of this term back in the day.

Oh, thanks :-) Why "class"? Did people think it was more classy than other types of metal?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:36pm
Apparently soWink - though I've never seen that brand of metal as particularly 'classy' either.

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:41pm
Hmm...
I seem to remember that term as well, I think you may be onto something Time Sig, "Classy" may be
related to the "make-up" (Bowie, New York Dolls, Sweet, Poison and so-on).
Well you English use many different terms that I have had to think about for a bit. "Techno" is and was
used alot, from Hemispheres Rush to Spiral Architect.  My reactions were like . . . "TECHNO!!!??? Stern Smile"

Aup! . . . gotta' get that English Banter down.

-------------
"If you're happy to be an Ant in the Sand Box, you're welcome to it!" -Forbidden

For Progressive Metal and Prog Rock, come visit, request songs and explore at PrOgulus.com

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

Hmm...
I seem to remember that term as well, I think you may be onto something Time Sig, "Classy" may be
related to the "make-up" (Bowie, New York Dolls, Sweet, Poison and so-on).

That makes sense. I guess that's where the "glam" part comes from, too. I've also heard terms like "sleaze rock/metal" and "cock rock/metal" used for what's called "glam metal" nowadays. I guess "hair metal" refers to the same genre. Anyway, I don't think the lyrical content of a lot of "class metal" is marticularly classy ;-)

Well you English use many different terms that I have had to think about for a bit. "Techno" is and was
used alot, from Hemispheres Rush to Spiral Architect.  My reactions were like . . . "TECHNO!!!??? Stern Smile"

Aup! . . . gotta' get that English Banter down.

I'm not a native speaker of English myself, but i think that the many terms in rock music would probably confuse most English-speakers just as much as the rest of us.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 4:05pm
Oh yes! I definately know how "International" Metal and Prog is Big smile.

To clarify, what I meant by "YOU English" was I guess a shout out to any English listeners that have colourful terminology. I have English friends on a Prog Rock/Metal Internet Station and a Female Friend (From Northern England) whom I learn "Banter" and slang with Wink (and Monty Python, haha).
We Americans tend to turn english upside-down, but we're "Rebels", its our job Rawks

-------------

Posted By: Bomb Brigade
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 9:37pm
Absolutely!UFO,Iron Maiden,early Def Leppard,Judas Priest,Tygers Of Pan Tang,Tokyo Blade,and so many more are among the greatest that music ever had to offer to us,the fans.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2010 at 10:57am

Oh, thanks :-) Why "class"? Did people think it was more classy than other types of metal?

But mostly I am referring to bands such as Giant and similars.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 12:18pm
Any Witchfinder General fans here?

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 5:17am
Now REVOLTONS ( http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/revoltons.aspx?ac=revol - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/revoltons.aspx?ac=revol ) is complete.

The two demos (with different vocalist) are filed under "Prog Metal", also the first demo is more Prog than Metal!

-------------

Posted By: Certif1ed
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:15am
NWoBHM for me - especially the more obscure/forgotten acts.

It's the small bands that really made the scene for me, much more than the big names - Raven being the notable exception. Raven made it fairly big - but should have been so much bigger.

Surely there are others on this forum who are into bands like Dragonfly, Voltz, Legend, Satan, Mythra, Bleak House, Trespass and Hollow Ground?

Did anyone actually see any of those bands at the time?

How about the bands that Metallica rescued from obscurity, like Holocaust, Blitzkrieg, Diamond Head and Budgie?

Vardis, anyone?

These are the bands that forged the metal in Heavy Metal music - let's not forget them!

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:21am
There are some bands that i like a lot.

For example thre first albums of Tyger's of Pang Tang are very good and also early Krokus.

Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 9:55am
In my view the first two Threah Metal bands are two of the more interesting NWoBHM bands: Venom and Motorhead. Probably: no Motorhead and Venom... No Thrash Metal. Not Venom... No Black Metal.

-------------

Posted By: Colt
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

NWoBHM for me - especially the more obscure/forgotten acts.

It's the small bands that really made the scene for me, much more than the big names - Raven being the notable exception. Raven made it fairly big - but should have been so much bigger.

Surely there are others on this forum who are into bands like Dragonfly, Voltz, Legend, Satan, Mythra, Bleak House, Trespass and Hollow Ground?

Did anyone actually see any of those bands at the time?

How about the bands that Metallica rescued from obscurity, like Holocaust, Blitzkrieg, Diamond Head and Budgie?

Vardis, anyone?

These are the bands that forged the metal in Heavy Metal music - let's not forget them!

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember seeing many of those bands. (and others)

Vardis, Angelwitch, Mythra, Trespass, Samson, Wytchfynde, Tank, Tygers OPT, Praying Mantis, Sledgehammer, Quartz.....

I have many of the singles the bands used to sell at the gigs, Mythra released "Death and Destiny" this way I believe.

I  can't believe I can still hear after one of the Angelwitch gigs. Purple were loud as were Motorhead but these guys, unbelievable! LOL

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112" rel="nofollow - http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:08am
Samson, Tank and Budgie Clap Some names I have to add to my "What got you into Metal" Essay.
Been a Budgie fan since hearing "Never turn your back on a friend" (when I discovered it in 1982?)
and was a fan of "Breadfan" before Metallica made it famous Big smile
But damn . . . wish I saw all those NWOBHM Bands (especially Budgie!).

And earlier Krokus did a better job at sounding like AC/DC than. . . AC/DC LOL
(stop with the HIT-TING!!!! Ouch)

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Colt Colt wrote:

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember seeing many of those bands. (and others)

Likewise... LOL 

Vardis, Angelwitch, Mythra, Trespass, Samson, Wytchfynde, Tank, Tygers OPT, Praying Mantis, Sledgehammer, Quartz.....

Cool list - I've seen most of those too. I never got to see Witchfynde though Cry

A lot of those were on the bill at Reading Festival in 1982 - did you go, by any chance?

What headliners we had that year - Budgie, Iron Maiden and The Michael Schenker Group. For a metal head in those days, it just didn't get any better - except when Diamond Head replaced Manowar on the Saturday(?).

I have many of the singles the bands used to sell at the gigs, Mythra released "Death and Destiny" this way I believe.
That's awesome - I never bought any of the singles. I'm kicking myself now, as many are worth a small fortune.

Diamond Head famously sold their first album, "Lightning to the Nations" at gigs, which is why some of the 1,000 copies in existence are fully autographed, some partially, and some not at all.

I  can't believe I can still hear after one of the Angelwitch gigs. Purple were loud as were Motorhead but these guys, unbelievable! LOL

Didn't Motorhead go through a phase of proclaiming themselves the loudest band in the world? I read a story at the time that Saxon beat them one night at the Hammersmith Odeon, and got some kind of noise notice for doing so...

Saxon were bloody loud - awesome band (and unsung influence on Metallica).

Posted By: Colt
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:00am

Likewise... LOL 

Cool list - I've seen most of those too. I never got to see Witchfynde though Cry

A lot of those were on the bill at Reading Festival in 1982 - did you go, by any chance?

No I didn't.

What headliners we had that year - Budgie, Iron Maiden and The Michael Schenker Group. For a metal head in those days, it just didn't get any better - except when Diamond Head replaced Manowar on the Saturday(?).

Pop rock bands these days! Pinch LOL

That's awesome - I never bought any of the singles. I'm kicking myself now, as many are worth a small fortune.

I'd never thought of value until you mentioned it. I'll have to find them (they are in a box somewhere Embarrassed) Is there a good valuation site on the net you know of? I know I have definitely Mythra's as above, Witchfynde's "Give 'Em Hell" and the Tygers "Don't Touch Me There".

Diamond Head famously sold their first album, "Lightning to the Nations" at gigs, which is why some of the 1,000 copies in existence are fully autographed, some partially, and some not at all. Didn't know that.

Didn't Motorhead go through a phase of proclaiming themselves the loudest band in the world? I read a story at the time that Saxon beat them one night at the Hammersmith Odeon, and got some kind of noise notice for doing so... I didn't know but how cool is that! LOL

Saxon were bloody loud - awesome band (and unsung influence on Metallica). Yes on all counts!

-------------
http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112" rel="nofollow - http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 12:26pm
What do you think about Girlschool?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2010 at 12:58pm

Great band - I also like Rock Goddess.

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 3:39am
I've "Demolition" remastered with 9 bonus and a compilation (The Collection) in a copy MC from CD. Great band!

Review of "Demolition" is on the road!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2010 at 3:59am

I'd never thought of value until you mentioned it. I'll have to find them (they are in a box somewhere Embarrassed) Is there a good valuation site on the net you know of? I know I have definitely Mythra's as above, Witchfynde's "Give 'Em Hell" and the Tygers "Don't Touch Me There".

I don't think any of the Tyger's or Witchfynde's stuff is worth much - there's no specific valuation site I know of, but Popsike.com lists records that have sold at eBay at a high price.

The Mythra "Death and Destiny" EP is probably worth around �50-�60, if it's in the picture sleeve and in good condition.

The ones you really want (from a value perspective) are Dragonfly's "Silent Nights" EP, and either of Bleak House's singles - "Rainbow Warrior" obviously is the most valuable.

Date Posted: 08 May 2010 at 7:09am
As may be worth the debut album by Def Leppard on LP format?

-------------

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:19am
    ^
I love that album.
Hello America makes the hair on my neck stand up.

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 8:06am

As may be worth the debut album by Def Leppard on LP format?

Nope - hardly worth a penny (to collectors, of course - to NWoBHM fans, it's priceless!).

The Def Leppard record that's worth money is this one;

It can fetch up to �700.

Big smile

The Belgian release, "First Strike" is another good one, value-wise, as is the poorly-promoted "Slang" - and there's a BBC Transcriptions recording with AC/DC on the flipside which is fairly rare.

Date Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:48am
Wow! Thats very cool! (EP) . . . .
For me, the song "Get your Rocks Off" was the song, great Riffs!  While everyone was drooling about
Pyromania, I was thinking of "On Through the Night" and "High and Dry".  When DL was a bit more heavy Big smile.

-------------

Posted By: AtomicCrimsonRush
Date Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:16am

i am a hige Girlschool fan - their best album is Hit and Run. Nightmare at Maple St is their low point. Still great metal

RIP Kelly Johnson - beautiful guitarist, singer

-------------
GLAM METAL!

Posted By: Ragnar
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 4:57am
Quote NWoBHM
New Wave of Bosnia-Herzegovina Metal? Tongue

Posted By: whitedragon1969
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2010 at 5:35pm
Some of my favourite bands and alboums:
Saxon - Wheels Of Steel ("Motorcycle Man" one of my favourites-all time classic)
Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations ( The choice is easy: "Sucking My Love")
Def Leppard - On Through The Night ("Rocks Off")
Whitesnake - Live In The Heart Of The City ("Ain't No Love..."-what can i say about this song)
Armored Saint - March Of The Saint (I am between "Can U Deliver" and "False Alarm")
Helstar - Distant Thunder ("The King Is Dead" and "Winds Of War" are killer songs)
Warlord - Deliver Us ("Child Of The Damned")

that's all for begining

-------------
If you close the light every woman looks the same (Ancient Greek tale by Diogenis)
Very democratic...

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 7:46am

Girlschool are fantastic esp Hit and Run and debut. After that they became very pop sounding. But great all girl metal. Rock Goddess sounded great too. Runanways were the pioneers but never really had a chance with dictator dickwad Kim Fowley.

-------------
GLAM METAL!

Date Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Girlschool are fantastic esp Hit and Run and debut. After that they became very pop sounding. But great all girl metal. Rock Goddess sounded great too. Runanways were the pioneers but never really had a chance with dictator dickwad Kim Fowley.

I think that the criminally overlooked Fanny were the true pioneers here - to take nothing away from the Runaways - Fanny were an amazing all-girl band who were recording right at the beginning of the 1970s  up until the Runaways formed in the mid 1970s - and Fanny seriously rocked, not just for a girl band, but because they were better musicians than many male artists of the time.

...then there's The Luv'd Ones, who recorded some amazingly dark and heavy music in 1967

..and not to forget Merseybeat band The Liverbirds (one word)

...and Goldie & the Gingerbreads - the earliest all girl band I know of

Maybe this should be in the Girl Metal thread Wink

Posted By: Pelata
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2011 at 10:00am
Traditional/Heavy Metal is where I find myself most of the time...bands like Armored Saint, Black Sabbath, Dio, Rainbow, Accept, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Helstar, Vicious Rumors, Twisted Tower Dire, Chastain, Colossus, Heaven & Hell, Iced Earth, Mercyful Fate, early Ozzy, Saxon, Scorpions, Savatage...love this stuff!

-------------
http://www.facebook.com/FinalSignOfficial" rel="nofollow - FINAL SIGN - US Power Metal

Posted By: goskoski
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:35am
Traditional metal music is one of my favorites among all the other genres and styles. With traditional metal, I refer to heavy metal, power metal, speed metal, thrash metal, and progressive metal.

Heavy Metal:

Malice - Against the Empire

Darxon - Heart Breaker

Speed Metal:

Mania - The Muffty's Arrival/Wizard of the Lost Kingdom

Power Metal:

Chroming Rose - Louis XIV

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:44am
Although I admire your passion for the music, nobody wants to watch THAT many videos at a time

Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:34am

You are right! I reduced the amount of videos to only four.

Posted By: The Block
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 4:01pm
How many did you have before, I'm afraid to ask?LOL

-------------

Posted By: Triceratopsoil
Date Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 5:44pm
It was like 20 LOL

All, I'm sure, very good songs, but they should be spread out a bit

Date Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 3:36pm
It was difficult to choose and while I selected the songs, I did not even realize how many they were. I just couldn't let some song go.

Traditional Metal is an umbrella term for all metal that just have guitars, bass guitars, and drums. No flutes, no keyboards or synthesizer or classical instruments. That is why I include heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, and power, but also some doom and death metal.

Posted By: The Block
Date Posted: 23 Feb 2011 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by goskoski goskoski wrote:

It was difficult to choose and while I selected the songs, I did not even realize how many they were. I just couldn't let some song go.

Traditional Metal is an umbrella term for all metal that just have guitars, bass guitars, and drums. No flutes, no keyboards or synthesizer or classical instruments. That is why I include heavy metal, speed metal, thrash metal, and power, but also some doom and death metal.

I agree with the traditional part but there is a lot of death metal our there that use keyboards and synths and such.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 7:51am
I love all three genres of metal too.

Is there any love in the house for MANOWAR!

watch these clips

-------------
GLAM METAL!

Date Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 1:05am
Check out Capricorn:

Posted By: whitedragon1969
Date Posted: 30 Mar 2011 at 1:42am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_QU5BX81V0&feature=feedlik

-------------
If you close the light every woman looks the same (Ancient Greek tale by Diogenis)
Very democratic...

Posted By: Pekka
Date Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Is there any love in the house for MANOWAR!

It's a shame that their rather comical image eclipses the fact that they've recorded plenty of first rate heavy metal. I've mostly heard some random songs from here and there, some of them are great and some of them really really not good. Battle Hymns I've heard in its entirety, both versions, and it's a nice album. 

But the bass and drum solos, please no.

-------------
http://iamthreepeople.bandcamp.com" rel="nofollow"> <- Click on this!

Posted By: Earendil
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2011 at 8:01pm
Yes, especially power metal.  My top 4 albums:

The Black Halo (Kamelot)
Karma (Kamelot)
Nightfall in Middle Earth (Blind Guardian)
Mirror of Souls (Theocracy)

Posted By: adg211288
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 2:42am
Like all three, but I have a particular soft spot for power metal. A few favourite bands to share today:

Blind Guardian ( http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/blind-guardian.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/blind-guardian.aspx )

Definitely my favourite band altogether. Headbanger

Rebellion ( http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/rebellion.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/rebellion.aspx )

About as extreme as power metal gets.

Wuthering Heights ( http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/wuthering-heights.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/wuthering-heights.aspx )

Great power/prog/folk hybrid.

Pharaoh ( http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/pharaoh.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/pharaoh.aspx )

USPM band featuring the vocals of Control Denied's Tim Aymar.

-------------
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
https://premium.gg2u.org?referrer=adg211288" rel="nofollow - GG2U

https://adamsfilmcorner.quora.com/" rel="nofollow - Adam's Film Corner on Quora

Posted By: J-Man
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2011 at 6:27pm
I've been liking this one lately:

RHAPSODY OF FIRE - From Chaos To Eternity cover
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/rhapsody-of-fire--from-chaos-to-eternity.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/rhapsody-of-fire--from-chaos-to-eternity.aspx

Cheesy-as-hell symphonic power metal done right.

-------------
Check out my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/demiseoftime

Posted By: Riitasointi
Date Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 6:20am
Love these genres!

Maiden, Priest, Accept, Running Wild... You all know these bands and I think everyone who likes heavy music should find these groups great. So do I.

Power metal is also a very good genre. I personally love Blind Guardian, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Masterplan, Edguy and all that kind of stuff. It can get a bit boring if you listen to power metal all the time but in smaller portions this can be very delightful music.

NWOBHM is a bit more strange to me, but I know Am I Evil from Diamond Head LOL

Posted By: Wilytank
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2011 at 5:23pm
This is one of the better power metal albums I've heard recently:

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Nov 2011 at 8:32pm
Tank.  One of NWOBHM's best kept secrets.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 1:03pm

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 1:11pm

Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 4:27pm

Confused

-------------

Posted By: UMUR
Date Posted: 26 Nov 2011 at 4:53pm
^LOL

-------------
http://www.lyngby-boldklub.dk/" rel="nofollow - Forever TRUE - Forever BLUE!
https://rateyourmusic.com/~UMUR" rel="nofollow - UMUR on RYM

Date Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 11:44am
How do you like Manilla Road?

Posted By: adg211288
Date Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 12:34pm
So it seems most of that YouTube stuff I posted no longer works. Angry Guess I'm posting the power metal again. Not enough love for the power here (or anywhere). More bands this time. Be prepared for a long post.

Blind Guardian:

Helloween:

Gamma Ray:

Iron Savior:

Rebellion:

Iced Earth:

Wuthering Heights:

Pharaoh:

Avantasia:

Kamelot:

Stratovarius:

Falconer:

Kiuas:

Ancient Bards:

Demons & Wizards:

Almah:

Arven:

-------------
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
https://premium.gg2u.org?referrer=adg211288" rel="nofollow - GG2U

https://adamsfilmcorner.quora.com/" rel="nofollow - Adam's Film Corner on Quora

Date Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 1:27pm
Yeah it sucks when people close their accounts, are forced by labels/YOUtube or whathaveyou to take
their uploads down Unhappy.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Aug 2012 at 7:06am
Everybody can just stop right now and listen to Manilla Road.

http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/manilla-road--mp3.aspx?id=2840" rel="nofollow - http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/manilla-road--mp3.aspx?id=2840

-------------

Posted By: adace
Date Posted: 25 Apr 2013 at 4:05am
New Iced Earth album!!

Posted By: Tupan
Date Posted: 01 May 2013 at 10:16am

People, I really need to recommend this album, recently added to the database:  http://demoneye.bandcamp.com/album/e-p" rel="nofollow - http://demoneye.bandcamp.com/album/e-p

Old-School metal with some doom and NWOBHM influences!Headbanger

Posted By: Gabimm
Date Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 3:10pm

Yes, I definitely amWink! I love many of the bands listed in the above post. I am actually much more of a fan of classic Hard Rock/Heavy Metal than of any of the more extreme variations. 

I agree! Van Halen, Whitesnake, Mr. Big, Rainbow, Nazareth and Aerosmith. These bands have joined my list of recent months.

Jeez!
All 3 are good! But I'm very picky with all 3 . . .
This list is gonna' be updated every day! Tongue (Some are in the Prog Metal genre as well):

Trouble
Deep Purple
Rainbow
Dio (was a fan at the start but really only know his 1st 5 albums Disapprove)
Kingdom Come (1st)
Blue Murder (1st) Sykes is a freakin' Incredible Guitarist.
Black Sabbath (especially all of the post-Ozzy, but Ozzie is Ozzy Wink)
Ozzy Osborne (all of the Randy Rhodes albums and "Speak of the Devil" with
the underated "Brad Gillis" on Guitar!)
Iron Maiden
Queensryche
Warrior ("Fighting for the Earth" needs to be re-issued!)
Judas Priest
Helloween (I really only like the "Michael Kiske" era)
Vandenburg (1st)
Accept
Loudness (Before they signed a major contract with an Amercan Label)
Savatage
Budgie
Warlock
Saxon ("Power and the Glory" and "Crusader" are Classic!)
Scorpions (Finally just getting into the Uli Jon Roth era)
TNT
Y&T (The 1st 4 only)
Blind Guardian
Stone Fury (Singer Lenny Wolf for Kingdom Come 1st Band)
Bodine (Arjen Luccasen of Ayreon, Star One, Guilt Machine and Stream of Passion was
Lead Guitarist in this and one of many Metal Bands in the 80's)
Dokken (1st 3)
Whitesnake (All era's)
UFO (How could I foget, even the early post-Michael Schienker era is good!)
I need to get a CD copy of Vicious Rumours "Digital Dictator", I only have the LP.
Warlord (Mark Zonder of Fates Warning and current Band Slaviour, on Drums 1st major
Band! "Thunderchild" as he was known LOL) I only have this on LP too.

I'll add more soon Tongue I just know i'll slap my head when I see more of you guys list stuff,
but i'm too sleepy to remember my stash stored in boxes Cry.

Very good list! Power! Wink

I must say, I love these three "genres" - after all, Iron Maiden is my fave band of all time

Ahhh, certainly, it is clear LOL LOL

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 3:05am
Yep. Most certainly a fan of all three Thumbs Up

-------------
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris

Posted By: StargazerSlave
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:56am
I personally would give four Judas Priest albums (Sad Wings through Stained Class and Painkiller) and the first five Dickinson fronted Maiden albums 4.5 stars or higher. 80s, 90s, and even some 2000s power metal albums are among my favorites.

Posted By: Unitron
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 12:20pm
Judas Priest and Iron Maiden are obviously favorites of mine Tongue

As far as other trad goes, I enjoy W.A.S.P.'s 'Headless Children', don't like their early shock-rock though Dead
Accept and Battle Beast are also some favorites of mine.

I love a lot of power metal. Big smile

Gamma Ray, Kamelot, Crystal Viper, Kobra and the Lotus, Hammerfall, just to name a few. Big smile

-------------
If I say fuck two more times that's forty-six fucks in this fucked up rhyme

Posted By: ProgMetaller2112
Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

As far as other trad goes, I enjoy W.A.S.P.'s 'Headless Children', don't like their early shock-rock though Dead

Gamma Ray, Kamelot, Crystal Viper, Kobra and the Lotus, Hammerfall, just to name a few. Big smile

What about Dio, Ozzy and Sabbath as far as Traditional Metal goes, eh?Stern Smile

-------------
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by ProgMetaller2112 ProgMetaller2112 wrote:

Originally posted by Unitron Unitron wrote:

What about Dio, Ozzy and Sabbath as far as Traditional Metal goes, eh?Stern Smile

How did I forget!? Shocked

Dio, Ozzy, and Black Sabbath are obviously amazing too LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 5:01pm
Without counting neo-classical metal bands, Dio-fronted Rainbow would be my favorite traditional metal band. I'd like Dio-Sabbath more than Ozzy-Sabbath if it wasn't for their first three albums, and Dio's first four solo albums are priceless listens anytime.

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by StargazerSlave StargazerSlave wrote:

Without counting neo-classical metal bands, Dio-fronted Rainbow would be my favorite traditional metal band. I'd like Dio-Sabbath more than Ozzy-Sabbath if it wasn't for their first three albums, and Dio's first four solo albums are priceless listens anytime.

All the Dio-Rainbow albums are great! Clap

Stargazer is probably my favorite Rainbow song, Dream Theater did a pretty good cover of it. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 7:06pm
That's my favorite Rainbow song as well, and Dream Theater did it justice for sure five years ago.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk