MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Christian Thrash & Tourniquet ,Deliverance thread

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Christian Thrash & Tourniquet ,Deliverance thread
Posted: 23 May 2010 at 12:12am By AtomicCrimsonRush
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

I really like Deliverance, but I think (for me) "Weapons of Warfare" is my fave and the strongest of
their releases.  I like Tournaquet because they get really Technical (The Drummer is awesome and
I believe is on "Weapons of Warfare", and he has played with other Christian Thrash Bands), but
the "Vocals" kind of get to me, but I havent heard their latter/newer Albums for the past . . . 7 years?

As far as quote "Christian Metal" goes . . .
My fave of recent Years was Extol from Sweden, Super Technical to the point of Math Metal but
are considered a Death Metal Band, though the vocalist has 3 to 4 "different sounds" and that
includes a REALLY good clean melodic voice.  A great album to listen to is "Undecieved".
Its too bad there last album, they tried a different a different syle of Metal, and that just put the
nail in the coffin for this once great band Unhappy.
The latest Demon Hunter sounds more Death Metal (very "Soilwork"-like) than "Core" and I have
been enjoying it alot. Give a listen to the new one "The World is a Thorn".
Though they say they are not a "Christian Band" but talk about the spiritual struggles is probably
my fave Spiritual Band - Kings X, as just as a "band" they are a very talented power trio and
really awesome vocal arrangements.  You got an awesome Bass player (plays 4 and 8-string
Alembic Bass guitars) that sings like a Gospel and Rythem and Blues vocalist, an incredible
Guitarist that sings like John Lennon, and a Drummer with a 7 piece Kit that pounds them into
submission and sings like George Harrison Big smile . But they sing of secular topics as well.
A band that started as a Thrash Band in the Thrash Explosion Viking (find the album "Man of
Straw"), went on to form the Christian Band Oil which I still have not heard, I'll have to do a
YOUtube search, I've heard they were very good.
Stryper I have not heard the latest 2 (I believe) albums, I really liked their 1st 2, but after those,
I really got tired of hearing their "ballads" and the rest of the music got commercialized, it lost
its Heavy Metal edge.  I really want to hear their latest albums.

Other Bands that are spiritually influenced (Christian/Judeo) that I've heard:
Vengeance Rising (Death Metal)
Mortification (Death Metal)
The Crucified (Crossover/Thrash).
Jacobs Dream (Prog Metal)
Saviour Machine (Heavy Metal)
Atomic Opera (Heavy Metal/Prog Metal - a combo of Galactic Cowboys and Kings X in sound)
Galactic Cowboys (Prog-Heavy Metal/Thrash)
Trouble (Great Doom Metal turned Heavy "Groove" Metal, awesome Guitarists!).
Believer (Another great Tech-Thrash/Death Metal band that were ahead of the time, though I
was very dissapointed with their latest).
Theocracy (Prog Metal)
Living Sacrifice (Thrash/Death Metal)
Balance of Power (Prog-Powermetal)
Narnia (Prog-Power Metal)
Prymary (Prog Metal)

Also, Wiki has a list of Bands that I'd love to get into Big smile and their "Christian Metal"  Article
is very good (though again, I think misses out on a handful of Bands).
Heres the list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_metal_bands

hi thx 4 the enthusiasm LOL

Love all those metal bands you mentioned - i will be reviewing every single Christian metal album here i can asure you. i could be a special christian thrash collaboratorLOL Actually i am more into glam metal than anything I feel as I grew up with it and know everyhing about it. I prefer to review than make treads here at the moment because i am like a fish out of water with all this black metal and dark music that i have gotten rid of out of my life years ago. i usaed to be a Slayer addict - I know everything they did from Show No Mercy to Seasons of Abyss and then I gave it up becoming a Christian everything they did conflicted with me - i still loved the music and still think Hanneman and Araya are incredible nmusicians but it just totally conflicted with me - i couldnt listen to them at all. The same with Morbid Angle and the same with Mercyful fate - i had them all but Christian Metal filled the void.

it began with Stryper and Rez band and then Believer and Seventh Angel and then the awesome Tourniquet and Deliverance and even the extreme Mortification. I used to hang out wth head bangers and saw many bands such as Psycroptic, Blood Duster and other death metal/ gore metal bands performing live in my early Christian years.

Now i am more into prog rock and some prog metal so it is all a matter of taste - tastes change and one can not help this as you get older and your life chnages.  It is not a crime to like a certain type of music but it has to work for you. Christian thrash is as good as anythig I have heard including Megadeth or Kreator.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.113 seconds.