MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Girl metal - Girlschool, Kittie, Lita, etc

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Girl metal - Girlschool, Kittie, Lita, etc
Posted: 09 Nov 2011 at 1:44am By genghiscon
I am a huge fan of Female fronted or formed bands. Something totally under appreciated by most metal fans.
Done right, it adds such a interesting dynamic to the music.

If you aren't familiar with one of my all-time favs, Dawn Crosby from the bands Detente and Fear of God, you owe it to yourself as a metalhead to check out Detente's 1986 album, Recognize No Authority, and Fear of God's 1991 album, Within The Veil (a far superior effort, IMHO) Dawn brought such an amazing emotional intensity to her singing that one couldn't hear her and not be blown away. Its a shame she died so young.

Drain STH is another of my favorites and its sad that they left so much untapped potential behind when they parted ways.

I strongly concur that The Gathering, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, To-Mera, Epica, and After Forever are all well worth the time to hunt down all their releases and immerse yourself with them. 

Just a link here to whet ones appetite for the aforementioned late Dawn Crosby:

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.