MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Blackend Death Metal

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 07 Apr 2010 at 3:41pm By EM Hearst
Here is the official Blackend Death Metal thread. Ouch

So, who are your favorites in this sub-genre?  A long time ago I liked some Black Metal (Limbonic Art, Abigor, Marduk, Watain, early Ulver...) but i lost my taste for the genre after a while, except for the bands that fuse Black Metal with more technical Death Metal elements.

Behemoth and Belphegor are two favorites who have remained in nearly constant rotation for me over the past 6 years or so.

Behemoth: Demigod and Apostasy own. They lean more towards death than black perhaps, and maybe that's why i like them? I haven't been able to get into their new album too much, it seems like more-of-the-same, but slightly less powerful because it feels like i've heard it all before. Still, it's good and grows better with each listen.

Belphegor: woefully under-rated band i think. Slightly less complex than Behemoth, but just as aggressive and menacing. Their songwriting is excellent and their albums really stay with you and seep into your soul after a while. Pestapocalypse VI and Goatreich are excellent... close to masterpiece level albums in my opinion. Their past two albums are good as well, but not quite at the same level.

so, tell me... what are your favorite BDM bands? There must be some other bands i need to check out... maybe there are are some similar bands that i have missed?

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.