MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - New Atheist

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 1:22am By MAVIIIVAM
Originally posted by andyman1125 andyman1125 wrote:

To be honest (I'm going to piss all you fanboys off right here) I didn't like this album. I love Unquestionable Presence, but this album was a downer for me. It seemed a little dry.

You know . . .

I was going to write a detailed review a few weeks after I got it (2 days before the official release date Smile
My local Record Store somehow gets some pretty cool stuff early) but because of work and being soo damn
tired, I got lazy.
Let me say that I understand, I do like it but agree its not the GREAT "Unquestionable Presence", but I still
need to give it more spins, but Tracks will definitely make it on my Compilation CD's.
I think for me its 2 things:  The Vocals and Lack of that "Bass Sound" we were used to.
Schaffer has gotten a bit more aggressive (vocally) and I think it takes away the sound of the musicality,
but I'm sure I'll get used to it (If I can get through the vocals on Thordendals "Special Defects" I can on this
one too Tongue).
The biggest thing for me is the Bass.  If any of you had read all the Roadrunner/Blabbermouth stuff between
Tony Choy and Schaffer, let me say this:
Schaffer can go on about the Late-great Roger Patterson, that he "wrote" the parts that Choy plays on
"Unquestionable...", but whom I'm hearing and lived with all these years was Choy.
Choy's work on the 2nd and "Elements" is outstanding, and he has that signature tone, "Slapping" and
finger galloping.  That said, what we have on "Jupiter" is a Guitarist playing a Bass, not a Bassist playing
Bass Guitar, nobody's fault, just thats what it is and its a bit lackluster.
But the album is full of crazy time sigs, left-turns and thats what I wanted . . . just with Choy Wink.
:bass:

Heres a "short" version of what happened:
http://gunshyassassin.com/news/atheist-bassist-responds-to-band%E2%80%99s-shit-talk/#
What now interests me is the New project with Choy (read at end of article) and members of
Aghora and King Diamond! Big smile

Recent Note:
I was a little pissed off that the "Foil/Digi-pack"  version I ordered didnt have any Bonus tracks myself Angry.
Okay the foil version of the cover is nice but come on!  Add something along with the sticker! Tongue

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 20 Mar 2011 at 12:11am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.105 seconds.