MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - The Queensryche appreciation thread

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - The Queensryche appreciation thread
Posted: 06 Sep 2010 at 3:18pm By MAVIIIVAM
Originally posted by J-Man J-Man wrote:

Originally posted by Time Signature Time Signature wrote:

I actually think that "American Soldier" was okay. It's not "Operation: Mindcrime" or "Empire" or "Promised Land", but I think its good.

That basically sums up my opinion. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the album, it's probably their best since Promised Land IMO.

What do you guys think of OM2? There's usually a love it of hate it kind of thing on that album...

Again, I really respect the "Story" (or Stories) of American Soldier and why Tate wanted to do it, I
have heard about 5 tracks from it, but for me the sound is lackluster Unhappy, with regards to the topic of
War, I wanted QR to really just leave me in . . . awe.  Even with a thoughtful ballad for a sad story
of a Soldier, If they can grab me with a song like "Bridge", "Silent Lucidity", "I Will Remember",
"Anybody Listening" or "Someone Else (Piano version)", that is what I expected from American
Soldier with the powerhouse songs I have enjoyed from the pre-2000's.

I voice my opinions about OM2 in my rant on Page 1 (I know, its alot to read Wink), I "like" a few
songs but no DeGarmo (to colab w/Michael Wilton) to help write the music, no solid Album to
come and enhance the original story and sound (imo) to make me want to hear it on a regular
basis.

I still dare to hope they will come back Big smile.

By the way, if Degarmo cant be enticed to "retire" Flying, then get a freakin' "Known" Guitarist to
wake Wilton from the "Dire/Dark/Depressed" SOUND that  he has had for the past few albums!
He needs someone to remind him what a great Guitarist he is, that lays dormant inside him!

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 06 Sep 2010 at 3:20pm

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.051 seconds.