MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Girl metal - Girlschool, Kittie, Lita, etc

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Girl metal - Girlschool, Kittie, Lita, etc
Posted: 09 Jul 2010 at 7:55pm By MAVIIIVAM
WOW!!!!! Thats awesome!
I used to collect Bumper Stickers and I dont ever recall a "Band" sticker done by KMET!  I do have a Rush
("Hemispheres Logo") KLOS sticker somewhere, and my 1st Concert/and Concert Shirt for Kansas "Vinyl
Confessions Tour" has the KMET Logo on the back.  As a matter of fact, I have the really nice Airbrushed
Bumper Sticker that looks like a small Calif. License Plate for KWEST Fm (that REALLY makes me OLD
LOL), that station used to be the epitome of "FM" Radio and played ALOT of Prog in the late 70's!  Too bad
I didnt listen to that Station much, too young and just learning about FM.
I too grew-up with Paraquat, "The Burner" Mary Turner and was a HUGE Dr. Demento fan (especially
the really weird and "obscure" stuff).
Now Mary Turner is on KLOS and still as beautiful as ever, and Ladd (since KMET shutt off) is on there
as well and has an excellent show called "Headsets" (on Weds. late, I believe), but I really dont listen to
the radio anymore (I'm sure they have Streams of it on their Web-site).
I agree though, they used to play more Prog and Heavier music on KMET back then.

I heard my 1st "Girl Groups" (other than the great "Heart") and Singers on the "KMETal Shop", you can
read my essay How I got into Metal at this thread: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84&PN=3
And I talk about that All Metal KMET show (1 of the 1st in the Nation) Smile.

How I wish I could move to the Bay Area . . .

Thanks for sharing the Sticker! Clap

Ha! Someone has it and in their Photobucket account!:

The Days of Licorice Pizza, Music Plus, The Warehouse Record Stores and the Federated Group (and
the Great "Fred E. Rated" Commercials!), Pacific Stereo Electronic Stores and Millers Outpost!  . . . nice memories Big smile.
Oh! . . . But Girl Groups . . . yeah, awesome Thumbs Up

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 09 Jul 2010 at 8:13pm

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.