MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Christian Thrash & Tourniquet ,Deliverance thread

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Christian Thrash & Tourniquet ,Deliverance thread
Posted: 23 May 2010 at 2:01am By MAVIIIVAM
You know I'm a Christian as well,
But I really truely believe, "If you know youre heart and its in the right place, and are righteous in spirit,
as well as a good person who does not JUDGE anyone, then any dark forces should not be feared".
I listen to all kinds of Death Metal and other extreme music, I do get turned off by "Dark" lyrics, and I
never did like "Gore Metal" (though I do like Carcass because they were pioneers and did "it"
differently, but I like the post-"Tools of the Trade" era the best).  But I'm VERY picky with my Death
Metal and Black Metal.
I too are more into the "Progressive" Metal (and Rock) because its more diverse, but I've kept all my
loves from the past as well as the new. By the way, Psycroptic are awesome! Love that Math/Death
Metal.

But hey, I have to ask, one of the reasons (But mostly because of the Music)I don't like Glam Metal/
Hard Rock, doesnt Glam glorify the "Sex, over excessive lifestyles, and Rock n' Roll"? The ones that
are of a "True" Glam Rock I've witnessed anyway.  I'd have to think Death, Thrash and Black Metal
may have better values (isnt that weird) instead of pretentious ones.
And sometimes I get a bit bothered some bands that are called "Glam" and "Hair Bands" (God I hate
that, that would mean ALL Metal are Hair Bands Tongue).  But forgive, I'm not a big Glam fan Dead.

By the way, I'm a "Dave Mustaine" kind of Christian, I may cuss once in awhile and "hate" (Hey, there
are some hard-core Evils out there), but I refuse to judge anyone who does no harm and are just
decent folk Wink.  I'm not here on Earth to add to the [%&*@]s that think they are holier than thou.  As I
am fond of saying, many people I have met that wear crosses around their neck "Becomes an
Albatross around their neck , more like a Tournaquet"
(Which I wrote in a Song lyric years ago).
Or listen to "One Foot in Hell" by Forbidden, thats how I see it (By the way, singer Russ Anderson is
a Christian and has a band called "Parking Lot Prophets"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dZ7s0_lPRc

But to each his own Big smile Thanks for the reply!  And look forward to more Spiritual Bands!  I've missed
out on alot from back in the day.

Edited by MAVIIIVAM - 23 May 2010 at 2:04am

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.086 seconds.