MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Doom metal (all the sub-genres)

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 at 3:51pm By J-Man
Originally posted by Jd_Wheels Jd_Wheels wrote:

Have I got a band for you.... The Prophecy. 

This UK band pulls no punches, giving you five amazing tracks of doom that is tinged with smatterings of Death metal attack.  After Into the light... this is the perfect follow up.

Somber, introspective while being heavy, this band oozes with talent that is only matched by the darkness woven lyrics that takes you on a trip into a the darker sides of Christian beliefs - and yet there is more to offer than this. The album title 'Salvation' lures you in, and shows that perhaps you'd might never be saved- or maybe you can.  The lyrics do explore that... and more

I found myself listening to the album over and over again, and finding more and more of it that I liked in the process - and that is no small feat.  Cant really get much better... Candlemass are the gods in this genre, but I think The Prophecy is one of the bands that just might challenge the slow motion kings from Sweden..

I was about to make a post about them here. I'm only familiar with Salvation, but that album fucking rules. I've been enjoying the hell out of it lately!

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.