MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Testament: Great thrash or tinny dirge?

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Testament: Great thrash or tinny dirge?
Posted: 28 Apr 2010 at 5:53pm By mosefus
Originally posted by Certif1ed Certif1ed wrote:

It's kinda telling that, so far, no-one has cited individual songs of excellence...

This isn't to say that Testament didn't release any decent moshing material, it's just that none of it is particularly memorable or otherwise outstanding.

I MUCH preferred Testament to Death Angel, Flotsam and Jetsam and the other "lower-grade" bands - they were more a kind of halfway house, like Dark Angel or Kreator - who were both somewhat better than Testament, but not really up with the big boys, like Tankard, Sacred Reich, Helloween, Death or Anthrax...

Anthrax shouldn't really be included in the "Big 4" in my humble opinion, as their first album sucked, and it was only "Spreading The Disease" and "Among The Living" which were any good. Of course, Anthrax were Metallica's support act on the MoP tour in 1986, and it couldn't have been the other way around, even given that Jaymez broke his arm.

I did name check Dog Faced Gods but you are quite right, it is tough to remember many more of their tunes.  Maybe Curse of the Legion of Death from the 1st album would also stand up to scrutiny.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.043 seconds.