MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - What's up with the Symphonies of Sickness hate?

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - What's up with the Symphonies of Sickness hate?
Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 2:24am By Time Signature
Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I've seen people who love Death's first two (sometimes three) albums and hate everything else done by them.

I've encountered plenty of people like that, too. Personally, I like all of Death's releases, but I definitely prefer "Human", "Symbolic", "Individual...", and "...Perseverance". The first Death album I heard back in the day was "Symbolic", and I was blown away by the energy, melody and the riffage combined with the death metal elements, and then the drumming was unlike anything I'd ever heard before. I've also encountered people who think that "Reek of Putrefaction" and "Symphonies of Sickness" are far superior to the rest of Carcass' output. I do enjoy "Symphonies..." but I must admit that I prefer the band's three last outputs (I wouldn't exactly say that "Swansong" is progressive though).

Originally posted by Wilytank Wilytank wrote:

I'd hate to say that it's all because of the user demographic here, but there's a huge spillover from ProgArchives and we have a bigger amount of favor for anything considered Progressive and a small amount of pretty much everything else.

You are probably right there, and the only way to change this is to attract more users without PA backgrounds. This is happening, so I think it is only a matter of time before the progressive bias disappears.

I maintain that with an average rating of 3, "Symphonies of Sickness" cannot be said to be a hated release on the MMA

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.042 seconds.