MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Thrash metal recommendations

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 5:46pm By Time Signature
I think that late Artillery might please you, too, since their style is pretty retro. My favorite Artillery albums are "By Inheritance" and "When Death Comes", but the other releases are very good, too.

As for Annihilator, "Alice in Hell" is my favorite album by Annihilator - it's pretty technical and has a lot of melodic elements, too. The latest Artillery album has some pretty brutal stuff on it, actually.

"Impact is Immanent" should also be on the list of recommended Exodus albums and, if you don't mind lousy production, you might also want to check out "Pleasures of the Flesh".

Death Angel's latest output "Relentless Retribution" and "Act III" is their most critically acclaimed album. "Act III" is a bit more adventurous and melodic, containing elements from alternative metal/rock and progressive metal - it is very good though. Their two first albums are also classics.

You might also want to check Sacred Reich's "Ingorance" album and the "Surfing Nicaragua" EP. "The American Way" is also very good, but it's not as breakneck fast.

You might also want to check Carnivore's two albums, although they are more in the crossover department. Suicidal Tendencies are another very good crossover band, and especially the albums "Join the Army", "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow... When I Can't Even Smile Today" and "Lights... Camera... Revolution" are recommended. You might want to avoid anything released after "Lights..." though, as they take a more alternative metal-inspired route.

I would also recommend all four albums by Invocator, but if you like your music fast and aggressive, then especially their first album "Excursion Demise".

You may also want to check Devoid's debut album "A God's Lie", and Swashbuckle's "Back to the Noose" and "Crime Always Pays..." and you must not miss out on Nuclear Assault's "Handle With Care". Eradication's "Dreams of Reality" might also be up your alley - they may look like a metalcore band, but the music on this album's pure thrash. Helstar's latest album "Glory of Chaos" is also very retro thrash metal which you might like. Austrian Death machine is also a kind of old school thrash act - check out "Double Brutal".

Oh, and, of course Anthrax' earlier stuff, like "Spreading the Disease", "Among the Living", "State of Euphoria" and "Persistence of time" should be checked out.

You might also want to get a hold on Rat Skates' "Get Thrashed" DVD.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.055 seconds.