MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - A name for "progressive metal punk?"

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - A name for "progressive metal punk?"
Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 3:09pm By LittleBig
Originally posted by LightningRider LightningRider wrote:

Originally posted by LittleBig LittleBig wrote:

Subjective?! I only explained what a couple of music genres mean, which should be common knowledge. 

You talk about objectivity and then come up with your own genre name. That makes a lot of sense. 

My attitude?! Didn't you just tell me I was wasting your time?! LOL

Childish insults? What childish insults?! LOL

Whining? How? Confused

I was just trying to make sense of this thread and seeing there isn't one, I'll leave you be... 

A: Your behavior is practically demanding that I believe it doesn't exist.  There is clear anger in your posts, so don't deny it.

B: I made it clear that I didn't expect the genre term to kick off, obviously because I know I can't control people.  It's one list.  It's not the Ten Commandments.  There's no objectivity, it's just for fun.  There's plenty of sense in that which, if you calmed down, you'd be able to see.  In fact, it's so obvious that it indicates the possibility that you're simply not understanding the posts yourself, which is your own fault.  It's not proof, but it is cause for suspicion.

C-E: This goes back to your attitude.  You think I like having my opinions called "nonsense?"  That's the kind of thing one says when there annoyed.  It's MUSIC.  There are people all over the internet who agree and disagree and you don't see me calling it nonsense and you never will.  It's rude.  This thread is not for debating the existence of the genre, and once again I don't need you to agree (which goes back to how you're wrong when you say I'm including objectivity in point B).  I created this thread expecting a debate on the genre's existence to happen.  But you're one guy that I barely know.  You don't have to agree with me, I don't have to agree with you.

F: You didn't want sense.  You came here to argue.  If I'm wrong about that and you really do want a better description of metalcore, go to Wikipedia.

AND ONE MORE THING: I'm barely getting one new post a day.  I didn't start this thread for a big distraction.  You're a member of the community too, so you should think about this, and with everyone stuck at home because of the pandemic, sometimes the forums are our way of communication with the outside world.  You are fully capable of understanding all of this, and it's a shame that you don't realize that I want a question answered and that it's more important than whether or not the genre exists.  I was nice enough to answer your question anyway, and you just said "there's nothing punk about them" as if you could deicde that.  If you had said, "I don't see anything punk about them" and answered with an option for a title or two, that would be different.

" You don't have to agree with me, I don't have to agree with you." - The only thing you stated that I agree to. LOL

I don't need to go to wikipedia for genre definitions. For the genres mentioned here I do not need to, I have lsitened to metalcore, progressive metalcore, even deathcore (which I do not like) just to see what's it all about. Wikipedia is not even the good resource for genre definitions, but that's a different story. 

How can any kind of conversation can be had when we don't agree on what genres are, like I said - common knowledge. I never come up with genres names, it will only confuse people. So a term like "progressive metal-punk makes little sense, especially since it's an oxymoron. Two genres impossible to join together. I've heard plenty of progressive metal, extreme progressive metal (progressive death, progressive black, technical thrash), but I don't see how progressive metal could ever be mixed with punk. That is why I asked for examples and I got metalcore, progressive metalcore, math-metal/mathcore as answer. And you get upset I do not understand what is happening in this thread? 

I did not come to argue, but i guess things got out of hand. 
I'm only trying to express an opinion, I am not attacking you. 

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.055 seconds.