Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 12:30pm By adg211288
Artist: Paradise Lost
Album: Tragic Idol
Old Rating: 5/5

Verdict: I usually consider this to be Paradise Lost's most underrated record. The seemingly oft ignored Tragic Idol (including by the band when I saw them on the Medusa tour with no songs from it played despite it only being two albums back). Only I'm honestly not sure it is, looking at RYM's averages and the amount of people who have rated it, but it sure seems that way to me (I'm surprised to find Medusa the unsung one there actually, but what can you do with RYM'ers? Most of them strike me as the type to look a gift horse in the mouth). Tragic Idol does kind of occupy a strange position of being more gothic than its predecessor's return to doom and it's follow-up's reintroduction of growling vocals though, and it's my impression that Tragic Idol sometimes gets written off as the last Paradise Lost album before they brought the growls back, which really does it a disservice. This is easily my favourite of the growlless albums in the current run of high quality records that started with In Requiem; every song is memorable and full of top notch gothic atmospheres. 

New Rating: No Change.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.043 seconds.