MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Fredrik Thordendal works on new Solo album!!!

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Fredrik Thordendal works on new Solo album!!!
Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 3:10am By CCVP
Originally posted by MAVIIIVAM MAVIIIVAM wrote:

I understand Unhappy,

I have a friend at Progulus.com from Brasil by the name of "arcarneiro" who has the same problem,
and he is into Prog and Math/Tech-Prog/Metal as well.  I saw something in the Documentary for
"Global Metal" or one of the others Docs that there is a "Heavy Metal Plaza" somewhere in Brasil
(Sao Paulo perhaps)?
I would imagine though, its filled with the easier stuff to find.

Well, lemme get you a better picture. Rock and roll and heavy metal in Brazil are pretty strong. metal-archives have an static thing that shows that BR is the thinrd country in number of bands. That isactually no surprise for me. Where live (southestern region) has the strongest musical scene in the contry in every regard (obviously including metal and progressive rock, being the latter my greatest passion) and S�o Paulo is the strongest for that matter also, not only because it is the most populated state, but also because it is the economical powerhouse of the contry, holding more that 30% of the contry's economy!

There are many metal joints throughout the southestern region, but the biggest ones are in S�o Paulo, without a doubt. The famouns Galeria do Rock is a whole shopping mall devoted entirely for rock music and heavy metal and it is the house of many independent metal and rock labels, such as Hellion Records.

http://www.portalgaleriadorock.com.br/

However, in my case, there are some setbacks. First, I don't live in S�o Paulo, nor in Rio, nor in Belo Horizonte, the big metropolies in the region, I live in Vit�ria, Esp�rito Santo ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vit%C3%B3ria,_Brazil ), which is 550 KM away from the nearest of the three (Rio), making it specially expensive to go to any important concert, virtually doubling of tripling the price of everything I go see. Secondly, ins spite of having a pretty strong internal scene, most albums I wanna buy are imports and Brazil have a 50% taxation on everything costing up to U$60k and 100% above that, plus the currency thing (U$1 = R$1,7 / 1 euro = R$2,30), so you can see how things are pretty grim.

However, on the albums that are produced here, prices are much milder, usually ranging between R$10 to R$ 20. Even so, if i want to buy something over the internet I still have to pay for transportation fees, which cost something like R$6. Add to that the fack that I am currently unemployed. SmileSmileSmile Happy happy, joy joy.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.055 seconds.