MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >I Have A Question For You......? >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Do i have a problem?

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Posted: 12 May 2017 at 5:27am By adg211288
I usually buy any metal, hard rock or prog albums I see in second hand shops so long as its not by a band/genre I know I dislike, even if that purchase is completely blind. It's paid off more times than not. Though I don't see that many metal albums second hand here in UK, not counting online, which I regularly browse for bargains. One thing I often search for on ebay is job lots of albums. I've had a couple of black metal job lots now and both have been quite worthwhile. I also just got a couple of tech death albums in one auction, one of which I'd heard a few tracks from and the other being completely blind, but they cost £3.19 the pair including postage because luckily for me no one else bid on them. Listening to the first one right now as it happens. 

The only CD in my 700+ collection I have never listened to is Creed's Human Clay. Which I did not buy myself, but was a poorly judged gift. I honestly don't know why I don't just throw it in the bin because it's certainly not got any resale value. But it's a number in the collection. I have listened to every other CD at least once and most more than that, especially when I first get them. There are albums that I haven't played it a long time of course and every time I look over my collection I see CDs that make me think 'I should revisit that sometime'. This mainly applies to music I had when first discovering my tastes though. 

When I was younger and as such knew fewer bands I tended to buy more albums from the same artist, but these days I tend to aim for a wider selection of artists and only purchase multiple albums from a select few and full discographies from the favourites like Blind Guardian and Iron Maiden. If I only count bands with at least five studio albums I only have a dozen artists in my collection where I have every studio album, though there's a few I'm working towards completing.

I rarely bother with live albums though and any EP's have to be reasonably priced, not full album priced for like a quarter of the music. Studio albums are sometimes a live DVD are all that interest me. 

Regarding storage, I have five shelves along one of my walls. MY CD's take up about three and a half of them. I have some books on one of them but they'll get moved one day when space becomes an issue. 

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.055 seconds.