MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Metal Music Lounges >Metal Music Recommendations/Featured albums >Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - Live albums: The Good, The Bad and The Noisy

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.03 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - Live albums: The Good, The Bad and The Noisy
Posted: 26 Nov 2015 at 7:27am By Jbird
Some bands sound fantastic on live recordings.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blind Guardian - Live didn't have any 'fixes' on it. I've seen BG live three times now, and they are a very tight, great-sounding live band.

Kansas - Two For The Show

Ok, not metal, but a great live album none the less, and in the 30th anniversary album liner notes Kerry Livgren states "…is that it was pure and untouched with no re-recorded parts. What you hear is what happened at that show."

drummer Phil Ehart says "I can guarantee you that this new batch of remixed live stuff has no overdubs, pitch correction, or anything to enhance the performance. It's truly as it went down that night, warts and all."

Also I'm pretty sure that Rush's All The World's A Stage live album only had one overdub. Alex Lifeson broke his e-string during the Working Man guitar solo, so they re-recorded just the solo. The rest of the album is untouched, from what I've heard/read.

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.16
Copyright ©2001-2013 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.055 seconds.