MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Topics not related to music >General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Top 10 Movies Of This Year 2013

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 10 Movies Of This Year 2013
    Posted: 31 Dec 2013 at 7:35am
Yo this is a list to my blog where I made a list of the top 10 movies of this year. Any other people with their lists should put them into this thread. Love reading other people's lists :D

http://kwispayne.tumblr.com/post/71590837126/top-10-films-of-2013
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 3:59am
I honestly don't get the hype around Django. Entertaining movie for sure, but come on, Tarantino can do better.

Still, nice list you have there. I've only seen Django, though Big smile. Also, anything with Cate Blachet in it is worth seeing, so I'll probably check this one out.
arcane-beautiful View Drop Down
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:39am
they are all worth a watch.

And yes...Tarantino can do better. But compared to some people's best work, Django is still better than most. Also, the acting in the movie is so enjoyable that you can't just smile throughout alot of it (even though the subject matter is rather disturbing)
bartosso View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bartosso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 11:15am
yeah sure, I liked it and I agree with you. It's just that... Taratino seems to hide behind genres as of late, I mean since IB. First, it was a tartino-esque war movie, now it's a tarantino-esque western. His earlier output, like Kill Bill, was more artistic, unique and eclectic genre-wise. 

...just a thought, though. I'm not an expert on movies, hehe.
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:01pm
your completely right. he has been very genre specific this past while. but django actually took a western and mixed in slavery and a revenge plot. so technically it is alot more complex than you think. IB

His next movie (nicknamed The Hateful Eight) is going to be another western, so how he tackles that should pretty much make or break him

Although, genre specific movies can still be very enjoyable. Look at the horror genre.
MMA Metal Reviewer
MMA Metal Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arcane-beautiful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 12:01pm
And Kill Bill is a masterpiece I think. Don't think he will ever be able to top that.
ProgMetaller2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProgMetaller2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2014 at 12:13am
Great movies have pretty much died out since the 1990s. There is a lot of crap out today 
"Before you see the light you must die!!!!!!!!!!" - Slayer

"Today is born the seventh one, born of woman, the seventh son" - Steve Harris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic