MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Internal news
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Massive website upgrade happened Oct. 5, 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Black Metal, Prog/AG Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 9:44am
Just thought of something that still needs fixing, the new site interactions panel. It started only showing review shouts a long time ago, when it used to do more including artist and member profiles, videos and mp3s. 
Earn Money Online (NOT a scam):
GG2U

Adam's Film Corner on Quora
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 12:19pm
TOP 5 fixed with 30 ratings and more + links to TOP 25

On to grindore 
m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Can you put a smaller limit of 10 or so on each sub-genre's list that appears on the genre page to avoid situations like the one in Grindcore where the third highest album only has 3 ratings?

I can't without quite complex programming set the minimal n_ratings for grindcore only.

We are going to live with it -- or asked members to rate / reviews more this sub-genre

or.... remove this subgenre Confused
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by m@x m@x wrote:

Originally posted by adg211288 adg211288 wrote:

Can you put a smaller limit of 10 or so on each sub-genre's list that appears on the genre page to avoid situations like the one in Grindcore where the third highest album only has 3 ratings?

I can't without quite complex programming set the minimal n_ratings for grindcore only.

We are going to live with it -- or asked members to rate / reviews more this sub-genre

or.... remove this subgenre Confused

I didn't mean for grindcore only, but all subs. Can you do it like that?
GG2U

m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 3:58pm
http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/TopAlbums.aspx?lstStyleIDs=72&lstReleaseTypes=1&MinNRatings=10&MaxResults=8#list

1 album with more than 10 ratings in the top genre 'grindcore' ;-(

What do you think ?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 12:59am
hmm, I don't think people can listen to enough grindcore for this idea to work. Perhaps down the line this could be reconsidered? 

It just seems a bit ridiculous to read through a sub-genre bio and then get to the top 12 albums section and see releases only have a few ratings. Grindcore was the case I used as it had an album with only three ratings in 3rd but it's a problem with most of the not so popular subs such as gothic and folk. But I guess if we could get people rating more this problem might simply fix itself. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:15am
One of our users have reported a problem with his account. He can´t log into the forum anymore and he can´t change his username either (and I can´t change it, or mine if I wanted to, either). His user profile is here: http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=29164
It´s probably caused by the accent in his username right?
Can we help him out, so he can get access to the forum Again?
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:22am
There's an issue with certain special characters on the forum posts as well. Old ones only it seems, not new ones. I'm not sure why that would be?

You could ask if the user minds having his user name changed and then set that up for it. Just remember you can only change a user name by going though the admin panel, not the normal edit member options used for suspensions. 
GG2U

UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:45am
Oh I didn´t know that I couldn´t change usernames in the edit user panel. Shouldn´t people be allowed to change their own username if they want to? I don´t really see a need for admin action every time someone want´s his username changed.

I understand this might be the solution in this case, but I´m speaking in more general terms.

Edited by UMUR - 13 Oct 2013 at 2:46am
adg211288 View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adg211288 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:52am
Perhaps, but you'll always get a few who'll be changing their user name so much that it'll get confusing. 
GG2U

m@x View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m@x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 6:24am

Admins .. let's continue our technical/admin discussions to the Forum Admin Zone : Admin threads requiring M@X involvement

Embarrassed

Edited by m@x - 13 Oct 2013 at 6:30am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Pekka Pekka wrote:

Wahoo, the boldness is gone Clap

...But now the threads with new posts are not bolded. They actually were once after this quoted post, but just once.
<- Click on this!
Diogenes View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diogenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 2:28pm
Man, I can't tell you how weird it is to log on to the forum after such a long time and see no spam.

And I can finally rate Power Windows 5 stars!  Best update EVER!
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 2:02pm
Thumbs Up
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Prog/AG Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:01pm
Here's something that's been buggin' me for a while and i hope this is the right place to post this.

The MMA and JMA sites are clearly more up to date in many ways, but i find it irritating with one little thing. On PA i can go to my page and all my reviews are in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER so that if i need to edit the latest it is on top. AND there is also a feature to make them alphabetical and also by rating. Why did this not make it to MMA? It is SOOOO helpful especially when i've drunken too much beer and can't figure it out!

Just wonderin'. If this is easy to fix then please do so!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic