Poll Question: Are they Over Rated ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [66.67%]
2 [33.33%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACDC ( Aker Dacker) or Kiss
    Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 5:35pm
I do not believe the above myself personaly but the majority of the under 30 year olds I know do. So lets do it and seeBig smile I wonder if maybe these bands are just not up with NIN, Faith No More or Butterfly Effect as I hear around the place.Smile I like them all but I will admit not a big Kiss fan myself but the Kiss fans most likely the same about those Aussie Legends. Could be these bands are for oldies only  Anyway; It is a Long way to the shop if want a sausage roll.Tongue 
Matt
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2010 at 2:10am
Kiss are definitely over-rated; They had a couple of good songs among several albums of awful nonsense, but it was the show that everyone dug them for.

Sorry, but for me, it's all about the music.

And talking about music, AC/DC blow NiN clear off the planet, and just about everyone else really.

There is a really, really good reason that they're so popular and sell so many records and get to do film sound tracks and projections on the side of protected national monuments.

AC/DC really do destroy!
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 2:36pm
Kiss are overrated; and their album are frustratingly uneven, 2-3 good songs and the rest are fillers IMO. I cannot say the same about AC/DC.

I hope listeners under 30 will have fun listening at least to the mighty AC/DC Big smile, and the young generation, too (teenagers that is).
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 3:02pm
I'd actually say AC/DC are more overrated than Kiss.  Kiss was never really accepted by the critics, and I don't know anybody who listens to Kiss for more than just to have a laugh.  AC/DC seems to be more widely accepted by both critics and fans. 

AC/DC never change their sound, which can be viewed as a positive or negative.  Kiss did change their sound, but only in an effort to follow music trends when they were losing popularity. 

At the end of the day, I'll still take AC/DC over Kiss when it comes time to rock out. Rawks
LittleBig View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LittleBig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:54pm
^ what I've always disliked about Kiss is that they somehow take themselves seriously with their motto - you wanted the best, you got the best - gimme a break! At least AC/DC is all about bluesy rock'n'roll and they've always rocked at that.
Certif1ed View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certif1ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 1:14am
Originally posted by Stooge Stooge wrote:

AC/DC never change their sound, which can be viewed as a positive or negative.  Kiss did change their sound, but only in an effort to follow music trends when they were losing popularity. 

Exactly - it's a positive, because AC/DC have always done what they've done and to hell with everyone else. Why should they change their sound if it's what they like - and actually, if you listen to them as much as I do, it's obvious that they've come up with a huge variety of different songs within what seems like a very narrow style;

Consider the differences between "Highway To Hell" and "Beating Around The Bush" on the same album, the differences between "Shoot To Thrill" and "Hell's Bells", "For Those About to Rock" and "Let There Be Rock". Then there's "Love Song" and the cover of "Baby Please Don't Go" (on their very first Australian Release), and there's "Thunderstruck", which is out on its own. The more I think of it, the more very different and easily identifiable songs I can think of...

/ends shameless fanboy rant LOL

Edited by Certif1ed - 18 Aug 2010 at 1:16am
Pekka View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 1:50am
I don't want to talk about overratedness, but the one Kiss album I have (Destroyer, which I understand is usually seen as their best) is about the same quality as the weaker AC/DC albums. But then again it's not really a fair comparison to make, as I have the entire AC/DC discography and just that one Kiss album that I've listened to about three times.

To me AC/DC is the definitive hard rock n' roll band, enjoyable throughout even though they turned down hill after Flick of the Switch.
<- Click on this!
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 2:32am
Wanna tell you a story
'Bout a woman I know
When it comes to lovin'
Oh, she steals the show
She ain't exactly pretty
She ain't exaclty small
42-39-56
You could say she's got it ALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

*crowd mayhem*

Say no more, no contest! Wink

However, I'll never call a band overrated.

Edited by Colt - 18 Aug 2010 at 2:33am
whitedragon1969 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitedragon1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2010 at 11:13am
I agree with Colt. AC/DC, AC/DC and AC/DC.
If you close the light every woman looks the same (Ancient Greek tale by Diogenis)
Very democratic...
FusionKing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FusionKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2010 at 1:57pm
DAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NEH NAH ANGUS! ANGUS! DAH NAH NAH NAH NAH NEH NAH ANGUS! ANGUS!
AC/DC all the way man, Powerage and Highway To Hell were and are an integral part of my life.
Kiss are really good too but they were not part of my adolescent self discovery as the former were.
 They both make me want to go out and get totally smashed though! Evil Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic