MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guess I'd better say Hello.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charcaroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess I'd better say Hello.
    Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 3:44am
Hello!

Let's see, what to talk about... ? Well, here's something. I'm into a really vast range of music, metal and non-metal, and I used to hang out on Prog Archives a lot, often thinking to myself "Now, if only they'd make a Metal version of this place, I could die happy!" LOL

So anyway... I'll see if I can list every genre without missing anything... Prog, thrash (and some crossover), speed metal, traditional, NWOBHM, proto metal, doom (funeral, stoner, and some gothic), black (mostly in winter), folk, death (grindcore, and a little melodeath), and I'm starting to get into a few of the less overwhelmingly cheezy power metal bands. Generally I'm less likely to be into things with "core" in the name, but some exceptions are doomcore, sludgecore, and classic hardcore. Oh, and I'm still a closet hair metal fan. Don't tell anyone. Wink

Generally, I seem to gravitate to intense, complex, immersive, emotional and atmospheric music.

What else? I'm a dude, 33 yo, and my life is going nowhere. I used to play a little bit of bass and guitar, but I sucked. I've loved music my whole life, but I've never really done the whole obsessive uberfan thing, so I'm not really sure how much I'll be here just yet. Mostly I'm always just looking for new bands to get into, or maybe I can suggest a few.
Stephen View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 4:42am
hello charcaroth, nice to meet you and welcome to the board :)
Matt View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 5:40am
A big hello and welcome Thumbs Up
Matt
Raff View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 7:52am
A fellow Tolkien fan, I see... Welcome to MMASmile!
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 9:32am
Welcome to MMASmile. I see you�re born the same year as I am. This is still a new site with lots of editing still to be done, but I hope you stick around to see it grow into a valuable metal ressource in the coming years.
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 9:36am
A warm welcome!
Stooge View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator/Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stooge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2010 at 11:43am
Welcome to MMA!
Charcaroth View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charcaroth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 3:06am
Thanks, everybody! Smile

Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

A fellow Tolkien fan, I see...

Yeah, in the event I were to ever become a singer, I was going to use the name "Charcaroth", because there's something fundamentally "metal" about that character, carreening through the land, shrieking and filled with Fire!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
micky View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2010 at 6:09pm
welcome to the den of sinners...

I got my rocks off today while working in a church.. got to commandeer their sound system..  and instead of saving souls... I got to play THIS at ear splitting volume!! 

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2010 at 1:09am
Welcome, great taste! Hope you enjoy the site.
Colt View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 4:58am
Please excuse the delayed welcome as I'm just back from hols.

Welcome! Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic