MetalMusicArchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home >Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements >Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duplicate entries

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duplicate entries
    Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 2:53am
So, I was adding albuns from the brazilian band Rosa Tattooada (http://www.metalmusicarchives.com/rosa-tattooada.aspx)...

Added the first one called Rosa Tattoada (from 1990) and the second called... Rosa Tattoada (but from 1992) as well, but for my surprise the site duplicate the first entry, so I tried to edit again, and add a second 'a' on the name of the second release but didn't work out.

Any thoughts?
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
UMUR View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UMUR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 4:14am
Did the band release two albums with the same name? One in 1990 and one in 1992?

If that�s the case try deleting the album entries completely ( yeah I know it�s a drag). When you add the album from 1992 call it Rosa Tattoada (1992).

Maybe Phil has a better idea though since you already tried to rename your entry, so it might be a good idea to wait for his response?
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 4:22am
I deleted the 1992 entry and created it again. Things should be okay now. But you'll have to add the tracklist and the release details yourself (but I didn't add '1992' to the title, so you might want to do that, too).

Edited by Time Signature - 07 Jul 2010 at 4:26am
Vehemency View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vehemency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 4:28am
The problem is now that you can reach only the 1992 page. The two album entries have the same url. Big smile

Edit: And it's no problem of course if someone just adds the "(1992)" to the title. :-)

Edited by Vehemency - 07 Jul 2010 at 4:29am
Time Signature View Drop Down
MMA Special Collaborator
MMA Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Time Signature Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 4:54am
Fecking shyte! It should work now... I hope. But the tracklist stll has to be added.
progshine View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 5:07am
That's ok, I'll add the infos again Tongue

the weird thing is that I change the second album to 'Rosa Tattooadaa' with a second 'a' to test it, so the URL's would be different, but happened the same LOL

And yeah, the band released two albums only wuth the name of the band in it, they were independent on the first, when tey signed a major they should re-recorded the first, but actually they recorded a new one and fool the label Rawks
Testing 1...2...3..
RAY, IT'S NOT WORKING!

www.progshine.net

Your resource of Prog Rock with weekly Podcasts, reviews, interviews and many more.
graphix View Drop Down
Forum Admin Group
Forum Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote graphix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2010 at 6:54am
I will add an album name validation in the Add Album page. This will help to avoid duplicates problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic